Remove this ad

BigBurkhart

Regular User

#81 [url]

Aug 10 16 5:27 PM

iSpazzyKitty wrote:
Hm, some to think of it, I don't know why animals have horns pff. Never researched.

Almost all instances of horns are herbivores who use them for defense or competing for mating privleges and position within a social order. Horns can either be permanent fixtures or can be shed yearly (which are called antlers). In almost all cases, horns are used for goring opponents, quickly impaling them then throwing them with the force of the blow. Some animals, like rams, however, use their horns as blunt instruments to aid ramming into threats. In most cases, horns are paired with very thick skulls which can take the punishment needed to effectively be used as a defenseive weapon.

In short, yes, horns on trolls are stupid.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Sindy

Living Spambot

#82 [url]

Aug 10 16 5:55 PM

Look I hate Homestuck more than any of you most likely.
​But even I think the complaint about trolls having horns is kinda stupid.

​Why?

​It's one of those things that's older than written language. Satyrs had horns, humanoids from other ancient mythology that I can't recall right now had horns, the Devil has horns, aliens and fantasy species have horns. It's a stylistic choice, and this is fantasy. They're free to have horns. I personally hate the new trend of having to explain fantasy with rock solid science. Like dragons had six limbs for thousands of years but now we're the generation that has to make them have four limbs cuz we're smart entitled shits like that.

​I get it. It's your peeve. We all have a worldbuilding peeve (mine is humanlike gender dimorphism in all fantasy species). But if you hate it, keep it to your own worldbuilding and don't fling shit around at anyone who doesn't hate it and expect them to cater to your specific tastes. He wanted trolls to have horns. Tough luck.

There is so much objectively wrong with Homestuck that if I read in the review that trolls are stupid because they have horns, I couldn't take it seriously at all. Seriously.

Quote    Reply   

BigBurkhart

Regular User

#83 [url]

Aug 10 16 10:48 PM

Sindy wrote:
Look I hate Homestuck more than any of you most likely.
​But even I think the complaint about trolls having horns is kinda stupid.

​Why?

​It's one of those things that's older than written language. Satyrs had horns, humanoids from other ancient mythology that I can't recall right now had horns, the Devil has horns, aliens and fantasy species have horns. It's a stylistic choice, and this is fantasy. They're free to have horns. I personally hate the new trend of having to explain fantasy with rock solid science. Like dragons had six limbs for thousands of years but now we're the generation that has to make them have four limbs cuz we're smart entitled shits like that.

​I get it. It's your peeve. We all have a worldbuilding peeve (mine is humanlike gender dimorphism in all fantasy species). But if you hate it, keep it to your own worldbuilding and don't fling shit around at anyone who doesn't hate it and expect them to cater to your specific tastes. He wanted trolls to have horns. Tough luck.

There is so much objectively wrong with Homestuck that if I read in the review that trolls are stupid because they have horns, I couldn't take it seriously at all. Seriously.

It's not a peeve I have. I don't mind the character designs. I completely understand that it's just a stylistic choice and nothing else. Hell, I'm more willing than the average person to give something a pass just because of "Rule of Cool." I mean ffs my (current) avatar is a reference to JoJo's Bizzare Adventure and there is SO MUCH stupid shit that that series does, but I love it simply because it does it so awesomely.

The person asked about horns. I gave a very basic explanation of creatures that have horns in nature, followed up by a cheap shot at the webcomic that we're all taking cheap shots at. For fun.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#84 [url]

Aug 11 16 1:10 PM

I've never heard of trolls in mythology without horns, but really, that's not the stupidest biological sticking point in this story.

Why the hell do trolls have biological sexes, let alone social gender identifiers? They reproduce by having genetic fluid from any troll mix with genetic fluid from any other troll, using a third party agency to do it, and compatibility is based on having strong enough feels for each other. Why would trolls dress or act in a manner consistent with human sexes? As stupid and tumblrist-pandering as that is, what makes it stupider is there's a part in one of the games where this happens:

PORRIM wrote:
You can pretend to misunderstand all you want, but we've talked about this before and I know you're smarter about this than you let on. We were raised in what was a formally "matriarchal society", which has always been used as a shield to downplay clear instances of female oppression and obfuscate the relevance of gender roles, particularly where they're weighted against females. But anyone who's looked at our society more honestly can see that while, yes, it is superficially observed as a matriarchy on a fuschia-down basis, on a practical level all of the enforcement and political power governing most classes was delegated to the higher CIPs, which were generally male-dominated castes. They got to control the agenda and dictate the social conventions, and anyone who dared to object or bring light to this could always be countered with "Hey! Matriarchy! End of discussion.
So yeah, the troll society where no troll is biologically either sex ever has not only male and female trolls, but is male-dominated in spite of having an empress.

Quote    Reply   

Jerry

Casual User

#85 [url]

Sep 11 16 9:38 PM

The weird sexes are the worst part of the troll's species. Like... Why keep it if they all have the same exact genitals? The only reason I can imagine is just so we can have relationships between humans (who have genders) and trolls (Who don't really have one) and make the fans like 'OMG MY GAY BBY!' or something along those lines. When a troll has a romantic relationship with a human, would that really be considered straight, gay, something new? It's honestly so strange and really not needed.

Quote    Reply   

Jerry

Casual User

#87 [url]

Sep 16 16 2:13 PM

SmashLampjaw wrote:

Jerry wrote:
When a troll has a romantic relationship with a human, would that really be considered straight, gay, something new?

It's bestiality.

No wonder every Homestuck fan is a furry too.

Quote    Reply   

kyrtuck

Heavy User

#90 [url]

Sep 17 16 4:11 PM

I don't think it should count as beastality when its with sentient beings. I mean the whole reason real life beastality is bad is because its with unthinking creatures that can't return the feeling. But whatever.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Jerry

Casual User

#91 [url]

Oct 4 16 9:50 AM

kyrtuck wrote:
I don't think it should count as beastality when its with sentient beings. I mean the whole reason real life beastality is bad is because its with unthinking creatures that can't return the feeling. But whatever.

So if my dog was magical and learned how to speak and eventually romanced some dude on the street, should I let them go on dates, screw, and whatever even though the obvious difference was one was a human and one was a dog? Can I fuck a magical centipede if I find the right hole? 

But back on topic, (AKA waiting for our knight in shining armor to review Homestuck) review or no review?

Quote    Reply   

#92 [url]

Oct 4 16 10:19 AM

If your dog was magical and learned how to speak, I think the entire moral code our society would have to be revised. But as long as your dog doesn't ask for special pronouns, I say yeah, your dog is technically a sentient being now, it's their problem, not yours.

But the question is: are we prepared for the backlash (aka the probably two people who will come in complaining) the wiki will suffer for this review?

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#94 [url]

Oct 5 16 7:50 PM

kyrtuck wrote:
No, the reasons bestiality is bad are that it's unclean and perverted. It would still be those things even if animals were capable of giving explicit verbal consent.
UglyHyena wrote:
But the question is: are we prepared for the backlash (aka the probably two people who will come in complaining) the wiki will suffer for this review?
I'm gonna go with yes. Homestuck is well-known enough that it would be weird if it didn't have negative reviews all over (deserved or not).

Quote    Reply   

#95 [url]

Oct 6 16 5:13 AM

kyrtuck wrote:

First, stop confusing sapient with sentient. Sentient is self awareness and all animals have that; sapient is human like intelligence.

Second, bestiality is animal x human, regardless if said animal gave verbal consent or not. I'm not saying it is bad like SmashLampjaw explained, but it's still strange and unusual for that to occur; so don't be surprised that we called you a weirdo for wanting to fuck with an intelligent goat.

Last Edited By: Melonhead Oct 6 16 5:18 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

kyrtuck

Heavy User

#96 [url]

Oct 6 16 8:55 AM

"I don't fuck goats Mr. Gibson, I make love to them"

-Mr. Rictus from Wanted.

But I haven't really seen anyone else consider animals sentient before.....except Vegan Artbook.  So eff that.

I'm just a bit tired of people calling damn near everything fictional beastality.  Oh sex with bipedal, intelligent, nearly identical to humans aliens is beastality.  Oh, Beauty and the Beast promotes beastality, even though he started out and ends up a human.  Oh, Werewolf love is beasality even though theyre usually just shapeshifting humans.....whats next, is Animorphs somehow beastality?

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#97 [url]

Oct 6 16 10:37 AM

Way I see it if animals could give explicit consent, it would still be looked down upon as a whole. Like dating an underage person when you're an old geezer, or incest, or like how homosexuality was for a long time and still is in many places.

​Some people would do it, some would judge it, some would fight to stop it, some wouldn't care.

​Also yes. Sex with an animalistic looking alien, or with Beast in his animal form, or with werewolves in animal form, or with Animorphs in animal form IS bestiality, because you're doing it with an animal.
​It would PROBABLY have a different term if it was a real thing, though. To differentiate between quadrupeds and more humanlike bipeds. And probably a new term for shapeshifters.
​But what you're asking is like asking if sleeping with your mother is still incest if she divorces your father and puts on a wig and a clown mask... Yes... It still is... You're still sleeping with your mother...

Quote    Reply   

#99 [url]

Oct 6 16 11:05 AM

Sindy >> But what you're asking is like asking if sleeping with your mother is still incest if she divorces your father and puts on a wig and a clown mask.

Well that's... a funny mental image, disturbingly enough.

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#100 [url]

Oct 6 16 12:18 PM

"Obviously, I meant screwing Beast/Werewolves/Animorphs in their human form."

Dunno.
​Guess I'm at a point in my life in which I'm so desanitized to everything that the only perversions/fetishes that still phase me are rape, gore, zoophilia, pedophilia and necrophilia.

I might not enjoy or condone or read things that include others but at this point I'm like "oh. Furries in diapers having incestuous lesbian sex *shrug*"

​But if we want to make this thread existential, I think there would be different terms for sex with animals that talk or bipedal animals. Or with undead. Or with aliens.
​And their legal status probably depends on who's in charge. Incest and marrying off your 10yo daughter is legal in some areas of the world and illegal in others. So who's to say how people would react if werewolves or zombies or trolls were real.

​It probably would be considered a deviant sexuality though...

​No idea why we're discussing this, though. I always interpreted Smash's "bestiality" reply as a joke...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help