Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 21 15 6:31 AM

Tags : :

Chris Niosi is an aspiring voice actor who managed to be featured in the recently-released Disgaea 5. He is known online as "Kirbopher", and he's actually a massive throbbing prick.

On the net, he's well-known for a web cartoon series called TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise, a shitty ripoff of .hack// and Megaman Battle Network. Before there was TOME, there was TTA (TV Tome Adventures), an even shittier ripoff of .hack// and Megaman Battle Network...and also an animated sprite comic done in flash.

His drawing style is ass, the story is shit, and he's not a very good person in general.

I'd like to take a crack at this comic.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 21 15 7:14 AM

Idk but this kind of sounds like you're mad at him or something. Now, I have no idea why you think he's an ass hole but yeah I kind of see how TTA can be bad. It's terribly done and it's by an adolescent version of a man child so like, it's worse than worse. It's death.i think the biggest problem with Chris is that he's a bad voice actor and a complacent artist but I guess these traits can't stop you from doing anything! his TOME webseries that ran for 15 episodes wasn't particularly great either, what was his target group, it kind of jumped genres all willy nilly and had only 15 episodes to fulfill it's purpose, or whatever that was. Everything Chris makes for whatever reason lacks substance because he's too caught up in trying to be accepted and appeal to everyone, but instead makes a complete 180 ° and decides to go back to his old ideas.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 21 15 8:59 AM

I will admit, I've a bone to pick. I read about how he almost talked a depressed autistic teen into comitting suicide. Having autism, myself, this struck a big chord with me. Nonetheless, TTA is a big load of tripe, Chris would be a shitty artist regardless of if he was a shitty person, and I believe his work deserves a review on the wiki.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 21 15 11:59 AM

I looked into it and, he never talked an autistic teenager into committing suicide, it was psyguy. The only reason people really associate him with psyguy is because, depending on what you hear from each person, he either allowed psyguy to abuse people or he had nothing to do with it

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 22 15 8:14 AM

He is a toxic individual, that much is undeniable. Those he ensnare either become almost as awful as him or wise up and become better people. There is, sadly, not a lot of middle ground between these two extremes.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 22 15 8:42 AM

This is true, but a few have walked away and wised up. Way back when I used to keep up with the website, a lot of artists came and went and I always wondered why, but now I know it was because of Psy's bullshit, he's an asshole and a toxic influence on everyone he befriends.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 22 15 8:44 AM

And not a lot of people can walk away from that better than before. One of the webcomic authors featured on the Wiki, TL Welker, used to date Psyguy. Absolute worst years of her life, but she came out like a champ. On the other hand, these was Liz, the subject of the link I posted earlier. She dated Psy as well, and now, she's basically turned into a female, angry, non-pedo Psy.

Last Edited By: Crackicus Oct 22 15 9:10 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 22 15 8:56 AM

Pretty much and it became a giant clusterfucked mess, but I'm glad they got the courage to call him out on everthing he's done.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

oddguy

Living Spambot

#14 [url]

Oct 23 15 10:07 AM

I don't mind people writing reviews because they have a grudge against the author, some of the best stuff gets written that way. However, at least finish reading the thing before you start suggesting we make an article. Hell, you didn't even post a link.

When you're done reading it, explain why it's bad and I'll probably okay a review. I find it hard to believe someone who's friends with psy is capable of making anything that isn't awful.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#15 [url]

Oct 23 15 10:07 AM

The way I see it, whether any webcomic is good or bad is a matter of opinion (within reason*). If you can convince us with the strength of your argument in the review then it justifies being there.

*If a webcomic gets the webcomic equivalent of a Rotten Tomatoes score of 99%, wins lots of awards and is almost universally loved by its readers, you're just going to look like a bitter contrary asshole at best. What I'm trying to say in not too many words is that if anyone says Dr McNinja is bad, I will cut them.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Oct 23 15 6:16 PM

I didn't think to include a link since I figured TTA to be ubiquitous, but no worries. They can be found on his Newgrounds page.
http://kirbopher.newgrounds.com/movies/
(I highly recommend adblock or, since the site is acting funky as of this posting, the Wayback Machine)

I am a little ways into it, but there is already a fair number of glaring flaws.

*Lazy sprite work, lazier than in That's My Sonic (the author's self-insert is basically an albino Sword Kirby)
*Grammatical errors in abundance. While it's supposed to be evocative of early-era internet forums, this makes reading a pain (and it's not even funny like in Arfenhouse)
*Mary Sueness is in full effect: everyone wants the protag's dick
*Going along with the above point: the comic is ripping off .hack//'s Data Drain (EXP theft and soul-stealing)

As for the series popularity: it's very popular on Newgrounds. Then again, being popular on Newgrounds is hardly the best indicator of quality (especially before 2010)

Last Edited By: Crackicus Oct 23 15 6:44 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Nov 29 15 11:26 AM

As much as I want to see this shit go down, seeing how Kirb is on the pique of his own glorified throne about TOME.
It seems rather time-wasting to go after some stuff that someone else had made a long time ago. And a lot of stuff is pretty much old shitty news, shitty news that Kirb basically knew what was bad. That was pretty much the reason why he made TOME it basically was the same thing of the old series, except a bit less of a cliche .hack story. I understand that you wanna do a crusade on Niosi, but this seems like you are just hitting a dead horse that has been dead for a while. I recommend doing Everything is Wrong with TOME cinema sin parody launch. Now that would be entertaining or basically do the same for TOME origins, Kirbopher's ex/bestie Blizooka runs.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Apr 29 17 3:29 PM

WinTheCritic wrote:
As much as I want to see this shit go down, seeing how Kirb is on the pique of his own glorified throne about TOME.
It seems rather time-wasting to go after some stuff that someone else had made a long time ago. And a lot of stuff is pretty much old shitty news, shitty news that Kirb basically knew what was bad. That was pretty much the reason why he made TOME it basically was the same thing of the old series, except a bit less of a cliche .hack story. I understand that you wanna do a crusade on Niosi, but this seems like you are just hitting a dead horse that has been dead for a while. I recommend doing Everything is Wrong with TOME cinema sin parody launch. Now that would be entertaining or basically do the same for TOME origins, Kirbopher's ex/bestie Blizooka runs.

Can you make a list of TOME's flaws? Just curious.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

May 31 17 4:43 PM

....At least TOME's Fully animated and had an ending.

Last Edited By: Melonhead May 31 17 4:51 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help