Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#61 [url]

Jun 15 17 8:25 PM

Beardfist wrote:
yo what the fuck even are those ears

like how fucking inbred do you have to be to look at a picture of a human ear, then render it like that, and go 'perfect'
I started looking at panels 1 and 2 because of your comment... is this bitch going Full B^Uckley?

Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Last Edited By: SmashLampjaw Jun 15 17 8:28 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Beardfist

Regular User

#62 [url]

Jun 16 17 5:54 AM

Not quite copy-paste levels yet, no. In both of the strips, if you look at the thickness of the lines, there's some difference. Similarly, where the lower earlobe and the neck connect, the lines are different. And the curves of the upper and lower portions change between panels, even if the design and layout stays the same. So it's hand-drawn copy-paste B^U

Moreso, the way that it looks it just horrendous. It's easy to draw and replicate on the fly... but so is something that actually resembles an ear. It takes maybe twenty or thirty minutes of iterative practice to memorize a really simple rendering of an ear and stick with that, but... Well, I guess not. Instead you've got that horrendous abomination, I guess because it's like... four lines to draw? I just. They look worse in the older comic byfar, at least the newer one captures the shape of the ear... sortof. But I guess when you just draw a fucking curve for a nose, and you put it in the wrong place (if they were looking straight-on, their nose would be off to the side based on that perspective), I shouldn't really expect much from something that's drawn with -gasp- more than one line!

Quote    Reply   

#63 [url]

Jun 16 17 6:03 AM

I would argue that the art style is most likely born out of an echo-chamber of people who support the comic more out of ideological reasons, than artistic ones. You know, support the pro-trans comics made by a trans person because trans trans trans, even if it looks like absolute shit.

The fucktard making it has obviously never learned how to draw - and has very little in attempts to learn to draw. That said, if you compare that comic posted on the previous page to the example of the comic art in the review on the wiki, then there is a lot of improvement:

the new: http://68.media.tumblr.com/cbe17612ac7a3e64a62136308f2a3029/tumblr_orji4u4dYJ1tm163xo1_1280.jpg

the old: http://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/File:AssignedMale_Stephie_01.jpg

I mean, hell, it looks almost more as if there's a new artist doing these - and I'm not checking by going through the archives on that shit show. I'm suffering enough from having archive binged the two comics I'm reviewing right now.... now where's my bleach

Quote    Reply   

Beardfist

Regular User

#64 [url]

Jun 16 17 6:07 AM

There's improvement in purely mechanical terms, but in the older strips you can see more of a beginner's exploration. The new strips have a more refined style, but repeat poses and don't seem to attempt dynamic angles as much - as if the artist realized that they would take too much work to learn to render, and you can bilk money with static poses and simple frames easy enough. It kindof reminds me of that Gen Zed show, and how everything at a distance -looked- passable, but you could really see how unambitious the art was the instant it got put into motion or scrutinized.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

FMan

Casual User

#66 [url]

Jun 16 17 8:28 AM

I just noticed from smash's comment that all the comic links in the CAD review are going to have to be redone since he rearranged his site a few months ago.

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help