Remove this ad

avatar

Kraken

Forum Leech

Posts: 483

#3122 [url]

May 23 17 10:46 AM

Morgaln wrote:
It's even worse than that, According to what someone on the fan forum said, these things have already been used previously as bonus art for Patreon supporters. So they likely never were meant to be published and he now just throws them out to have something handy when he couldn't be arsed to create an actual page. So if there is critical information, it's information we might not even have had if he didn't do this now, and he's pissing on the people who pay him by now giving that thing he did exclusively for them to everyone.
In addition to that, they are likely not permanent and will probably disappear without being archived once the next page comes up. So blink and you miss it. Okay, at Hunt's speed, you'd have to blink pretty slowly, but still...

Maybe one of the three things Hunt "knows the hell out of" is how to screw up on multiple levels. His bonehead moves have a kind of depth and complexity that's almost poetic.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

pan

Casual User

Posts: 18

#3123 [url]

May 25 17 5:02 AM

Another sketch is up, even more pointless than the last.  The sketch is fine on its own - if he finished it, he could actually use it as a decorator for his website, or his card game, or whatever.  It's cute.  The text is blathering, pointless over-explanation trying to convince someone that he's still telling a story.  Not to mention the ludicrous timing.  I mean he paused a fight (again), not to show us something that was happening to other major characters during that fight - maybe leading up to their involvement in the conclusion of the scene, but to tell us (sort of) about what was happening to minor characters at an earlier point in another character's story.  He could have just put up a commercial for dish soap and it would have been less jarring.

Quote    Reply   

#3125 [url]

May 25 17 7:51 AM

So, these little "Meanwhile..." filler strips seem to be a sort of "tying up loose ends before calling it quits" move.

Basically, Hunt is giving away content usually reserved for his Patreon donators to tie up all the stories he started but never finished.

It's the living embodiment of a "I already got mine" mentality.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Swiftbow

Casual User

Posts: 50

#3126 [url]

May 26 17 12:01 AM

"The group was extremely excited to have found an old wagon abandoned at the side of a road."

Good gravy, the grammar. Did he even read that over? Plus, I thought he was belatedly explaining how they found the FIRST wagon. But I guess we're supposed to remember that. (I did, but it took me a minute.)

"have found..." urgh...

Last Edited By: Swiftbow May 26 17 12:04 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Tobs

Casual User

Posts: 87

#3128 [url]

May 28 17 10:20 PM

So its been 2 (or 3?) weeks since we had a proper update. And it seems like thunt has abandoned all pretense at keeping a schedule to instead draw overwath fan art. But not doing his supposed job is making him feel panicky. I think that if anyone on the goblins forum or twitter to called him out he could be pushed over the edge. We may be looking "I Quit!!" Part 2 if we're lucky.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

BoredDuck

Regular User

Posts: 155

#3129 [url]

May 29 17 1:05 AM

Tobs wrote:
So its been 2 (or 3?) weeks since we had a proper update. And it seems like thunt has abandoned all pretense at keeping a schedule to instead draw overwath fan art. But not doing his supposed job is making him feel panicky. I think that if anyone on the goblins forum or twitter to called him out he could be pushed over the edge. We may be looking "I Quit!!" Part 2 if we're lucky.

Not really. Hunt usually just blocks you on Twitter if you question him on anything, criticize or do anything but kiss his ass. At least that's what happened to me and a few other people.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Kraken

Forum Leech

Posts: 483

#3130 [url]

May 29 17 5:25 PM

My, my. Hunt has gone quite batshit with his Overwatch obssession.

Imagine how this would go down in a real job. Picture the employee approaching his manager with this.
EMPLOYEE: "I'm too stressed out to do work, so I'm going to just play Overwatch. And do some fan art. Because I really love Overwatch."
MANAGER: "I assume you're taking time off for this."
EMPLOYEE: "Nah, I think I'll just let all my projects be late."

Naturally as a self-employed entity, Hunt can do as he pleases. It's the people who pay money to support this behavior that mystify me. Hunt is basically flaunting his laziness and lack of professionalism now, and the die-hards still mewl in sympathy and tell him to do take as much time as he needs to generate his next slapdash page of his disintegrating comic. Or at least I assume they're still mewling in sympathy, since that's been the behavior of the Hunt Defense Force thus far.
 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

Morgaln

Heavy User

Posts: 261

#3131 [url]

May 30 17 12:25 AM

Kraken wrote:
My, my. Hunt has gone quite batshit with his Overwatch obssession.

Imagine how this would go down in a real job. Picture the employee approaching his manager with this.
EMPLOYEE: "I'm too stressed out to do work, so I'm going to just play Overwatch. And do some fan art. Because I really love Overwatch."
MANAGER: "I assume you're taking time off for this."
EMPLOYEE: "Nah, I think I'll just let all my projects be late."

Naturally as a self-employed entity, Hunt can do as he pleases. It's the people who pay money to support this behavior that mystify me. Hunt is basically flaunting his laziness and lack of professionalism now, and the die-hards still mewl in sympathy and tell him to do take as much time as he needs to generate his next slapdash page of his disintegrating comic. Or at least I assume they're still mewling in sympathy, since that's been the behavior of the Hunt Defense Force thus far.
 


Of course they are defending him. By now, they've decided he's working at "speed of Thunt," which is however long he needs for a page and completely acceptable no matter what. When he had that operation, he at least had a good reason to skip updates. Playing Overwatch isn't one.

Quote    Reply   

#3132 [url]

May 30 17 3:23 AM

That seems to be par for the course

question: what kind of people make up Thunt's fanbase? who are the people throwing money at him on patreon?

I mean, the comic doesn't strike me as having enough hipster or SJW appeal to work like Questionable Content - and honestly it doesn't strike me as updating often enough to maintain much of a D&D geek crowd

Quote    Reply   
avatar

BoredDuck

Regular User

Posts: 155

#3133 [url]

May 30 17 10:00 AM

webkilla wrote:
That seems to be par for the course

question: what kind of people make up Thunt's fanbase? who are the people throwing money at him on patreon?

I mean, the comic doesn't strike me as having enough hipster or SJW appeal to work like Questionable Content - and honestly it doesn't strike me as updating often enough to maintain much of a D&D geek crowd

Good question. I only know of the self-loathing crippled mental patient, RocketScientist, and the down syndrome guy that occassionally joins Hunt and his Wife in a threesome, WearsHats. I have no idea who or how anyone donates to his Patreon when there isn't even that many that post on his forums.

Quote    Reply   

#3136 [url]

May 31 17 2:08 AM

SmashLampjaw wrote:
I sometimes think Goblins fans treat Hunt like a charity.

 
Given that they are now trying to decide on what to give him as a wedding anniversary present, I'm inclined to think you're right.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Morgaln

Heavy User

Posts: 261

#3137 [url]

May 31 17 12:57 PM

BurtReynoldsMustache wrote:
SmashLampjaw wrote:
I sometimes think Goblins fans treat Hunt like a charity.

 
Given that they are now trying to decide on what to give him as a wedding anniversary present, I'm inclined to think you're right.

I admit I'm tempted to suggest a calendar, so he knows when new pages are due, but somehow I don't think they would appreciate that input...

I honestly don't know if the fanbase or the Patreon supporters mostly come from a common demographic. Gaming geeks probably do make up a sizable part, but not the very geeky ones who will nitpick everything that doesn't fit the rules as written, those are likely long gone by now.
Of those people that post a lot in the forum (there aren't many of those), I think a common denominator is that they are trusting. I don't mean that in a negative sense, they are just the kind of people who will take what Hunt says at face value without questioning it. You know, the kind that are great friends if you really need support, but also the kind that is very easy to exploit if you're a good con man. Guess which of the two I consider Hunt to be...

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Terminus

Casual User

Posts: 57

#3139 [url]

May 31 17 4:32 PM

Wow, so this is the half-arsed shit you get while being a patreon.. And now we get to see (what is probably 50% of these) for free anyway. It's not from kindness of his heart, but to keep people re-visiting his page for ad-revenue. Which, were I a patreon I would find quite disappointing.
Hunt is not unique in collecting cheques from his fans with shitty content, heck some run succesfull patreons with monthly payment, withouth ever doing anything.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Wessick

Casual User

Posts: 2

#3140 [url]

May 31 17 6:55 PM

Probably been mentioned previously, so apologies for it, but: aren't the patreon payments only for on-time updates? 

Thunt shouldn't have been paid for months by now. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help