Apr 29 15 1:00 PM

She's a demon, a succubus to be exact.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Bertbutt

Heavy User

#44 [url]

Apr 30 15 12:17 AM

I'm almost done with the review. Anyone else up fro writing the Author section? I'll give it my best shot, but I feel it may need it's own peer editing, since I'd rather deal with comics than their creators

Quote    Reply   

grace

Heavy User

#45 [url]

Apr 30 15 12:47 AM

Bertbutt wrote:
I'm almost done with the review. Anyone else up fro writing the Author section? I'll give it my best shot, but I feel it may need it's own peer editing, since I'd rather deal with comics than their creators

i don't know, i'm sure that a lot of us would be willing to help or check over everything if you need it. i can help out wherever. 

Quote    Reply   

Bertbutt

Heavy User

#46 [url]

Apr 30 15 2:50 AM

I'm just gonna post the Character Bio thing here before I make the actul review, lemme know what you think

There’s not really a delicate way to put this, but Viv is a 22 year old child. Immature in both storytelling and design. Her art takes me back to a time where writing MCR in school notebooks was thought of as, just, so deep you guise. A lot of designs for character not introduced look like scene kids on acid and take clear influence from Invader Zim. she seems to be caught up in some character copyright drama that’s been handled about as well as one could expect of unruly teenagers. I’m inclined to believe her word on it though, because her opposition can’t seem to string together a complete sentence in any of their posts about it. Before this review was written, discussion over on the “Is this bad?” section of the forum was brought to her attention, and she seemed to dismiss criticism as nit picking’ and didn't feel it was worth taking a look, or just that we were just fans deciding what she should do with her comic.

It's pretty bare bones, because I'm not elaborating on the entire ownership thing because I don't really care.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Apr 30 15 2:24 PM

Well, since I kinda dug up the most about the ownership shitstorm, maybe I should write up a section of that? I can post it up maybe later in the day or tommorow or something and show you if it's sutible or not.

Even if I don't really give a monkey's ass about it truthfully, I can at least give a moe down of what it's about.

I plan on using those 3 screneshots from the earlier post for it too.

Quote    Reply   

Bertbutt

Heavy User

#49 [url]

Apr 30 15 2:53 PM

You go for it, man. Like I said, id rather just review the comic, it takes a special kind of dickbag before i feel their worth mentioning in the comics review.  Viv's never reached that point to me, and i dont enjoy spending my time reading kids level bullshit 

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Apr 30 15 4:03 PM

Character Ownership Issue

Now this is one huge mess upon itself, so it's best not to read too much into it for your own good. Basically, she decided to buy characters from her "friend" because well, I guess originality wasn't an option. So, she bought a total of 4 characters, one in particularly named JiJi (who now has the fresh name of JayJay) who was used by her in an animation for a song. Take a look at this. She apparently displayed two different attitides within the year regarding the credits of that sparkledog wolf thing. After a while she decided to ignore the fact that the design was not made by her and disregarded crediting altogether, the reason for it being that because boohoo, her feelings were hurt by him/her on a post. So here's her retaliation. A shirtstorm of whiny childish-leveled arguments of  "THIS GUY SAID" and "SHE SAID THIS" involving "TAKING LEGAL ACTIONS" ensured. And whatever drama filled nonsense this is. In the end, the author decided to change the designs of the characters she bought into unoriginal rehashes that basically look the same with different colors and basicaly lied about never taking credit for the sparkledoggy's design. All in all, this is presicely why one shouldn't buy characters from other people, as it can stir up issues later onwards. Especially from who this girl said is a "lying" and "manipulative" person who she for some odd reason decided to purchase from despite him/her leaving an "emotional scar" on her in the past.

Just so you know if you would prefer not to include this, I'll just delete the post.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Bertbutt

Heavy User

#51 [url]

Apr 30 15 4:18 PM

I'll include it, though it may get edited a smidge.

EDIT: I've smashed the two together like some kind of wordy Dr. Frankenstein, and the result is cool. A bit more editing and some visuals and the review will be up

Last Edited By: Bertbutt Apr 30 15 4:33 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Bertbutt

Heavy User

#55 [url]

May 1 15 9:14 AM

i think im finished with just about everything i wanted to say in the review. Any edits made by me beyond this point would be purely grammar and spelling errors i missed in initial editing, but i think I finished that up.

Quote    Reply   

oddguy

Living Spambot

#57 [url]

May 1 15 2:15 PM

Okay, found a couple of tiny mistakes and poorly constructed sentences. Fixed them up.
Good review, I liked it. Plus I have a new person to add to the response section which is my favorite thing to do.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

May 2 15 11:36 AM

Saw the review, and it's great.

If she won't read it at all, well it's on her.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help