Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#21 [url]

Jan 1 15 4:01 PM

I'm still struggling to decide if this is the genuine article or a brilliant troll by someone totally committed to it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jan 1 15 11:23 PM

The author has two others so I'm leaning towards Genuine. Though if a review is done it should probably be noted that the thing could be a troll. It's like a webcomic version of My Immortal.

Quote    Reply   

oddguy

Living Spambot

#23 [url]

Jan 2 15 4:15 AM

He went to the CWCki forum thread about him and made some convoluted answer about how it is but also isn't a serious comic or that at first it was serious but now it isn't. But since it was stupid from day one I think he's like lazerbot and can't really dell the difference between serious, parody, tongue-in-cheek compliment and genuine praise.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#24 [url]

Jan 2 15 7:28 PM

I don't know if this is intentional brilliance or the guy is an idiot savant, but this is one of the best-worst things I've ever read. It's such a fantastic train wreck.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#26 [url]

Jan 4 15 8:32 PM

Hey, I have a couple threads sitting out there for comics I wanted to review but never head back on. How long should I wait before assuming there are no objections? The delays have really slowed down my contribution of new articles.

Quote    Reply   

oddguy

Living Spambot

#27 [url]

Mar 11 15 3:34 AM

Let's see what's in out inbox today

It's mail time again

Hello,

Just finished reading your critique of Wapsi Square. Just wanted to say
that I have been reading it for quite a while and that I have no idea
what the storyline is about anymore. Now I just look at it for the
pictures of girls with big boobs. What can I say, I'm a guy.

Regards,

Harry Trim

A suggestion:

Sister Claire http://sisterclaire.com/ --Sebine LifeWind

This one is pretty funny
Thanks to your wiki, I have found more webcomics to read. The more you hate it, the more I seem to like it. I offer advice and encouragement to the creators. Good work in spreading excellent works to read. Without you, I may have never found some of these gems.

The rest weren't worth posting here.

Quote    Reply   

oneof5

Casual User

#28 [url]

Mar 18 15 11:19 PM

so Sebine Lifewind took time out of his/her life to suggest Sister Clair, but couldn't be assed to write a single sentence about why its bad? better jump right on it. LOL @ Harry. that last one though, someones gonna die of self induced brain trauma. so sad.

Quote    Reply   

oddguy

Living Spambot

#30 [url]

Apr 4 15 2:48 AM

More mail

Dear OddGuy and EvilKritter, Please check out ZoranTaylor.com... that's if you're even capable of deciphering the scribbles that he draws. I don't understand why I hate Zoran Taylor so much and why I can't ignore him. I've just learned that he's made a twitter account for one of the characters in his webcomic The Shape Of Things. He'll make a tweet as "Lolly" and then retweet it from his personal account. I'm so fucking annoyed by this person that it's difficult for me to think. I personally know Zoran Taylor. It's bad enough that he creeps out everyone he talks to. He annoys us with his pretentious conversations about music and his personal philosophies. The thing that made me snap was that he's such a terrible artist and insists on inflicting his art on the world. It's worse for the people who know him but are trying to be polite because they want to be sensitive to the fact that he has some form of Aspergers or Autism or whatever. There's only so much you can tolerate and condone from a guy with a mental disorder when they're a total douche. It's like being nice to some guy in a wheel chair but a some point you have to call him on the fact that he's a dickwad. I mean, look at some of the shit he's tweeting as his character! What the FUCK is wrong with you Zoran? Full disclosure, I am jealous that he's so prolific while I can't get off my own ass and make my own comics but if you look at his "art", you'll have to agree that he needs to be stopped. The world must be warned about Zoran. Sincerely, David B

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Bertbutt

Heavy User

#31 [url]

Apr 4 15 3:27 AM

Are they?? Talking about this guy? I'm making an assumption because the links go nowhere. I wouldn't call him 'prolific.' He has 38 twitter followers, his comic has 29 pages and all of them look like shit, and he's a 25 year old animation drop out. I think he edited his about page sometime between me linking it and typing the rest of this reply, because it wasnt the garbage 6 paragraph section about his boring comic, but 4 paragraphs about his garbage self where he says something to the affect that he's some artists/writer magician. He sounds like a sufficient douche, but I don't even know if we want to bother reviewing his shit, since it kinda sounds like he sent us this on his own in some hopes of free ad space

EDIT: Not 29 pages, 29 Stories, and they're all even more awful than I thought

Last Edited By: Bertbutt Apr 4 15 3:30 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#32 [url]

Apr 5 15 12:39 AM

... okay, just casually browsing through the story gallery, I can say this thing is fucking terrible. Is anyone actually reading this comic though?

Bertbutt wrote:
He sounds like a sufficient douche, but I don't even know if we want to bother reviewing his shit, since it kinda sounds like he sent us this on his own in some hopes of free ad space
I second this.

Quote    Reply   

oddguy

Living Spambot

#33 [url]

Aug 24 15 10:06 AM

http://thehighestbet.thecomicseries.com/http://goldenweekcomic.com/http://housepets1x.thecomicseries.com/ I personally think that 'The Golden Week' and 'The Highest Bet' are great comics, but 'Housepets 1X' is just a sick, twisted ripoff from the original 'Housepets!' (Check it out here http://www.housepetscomic.com/) But Housepets 1X is in dire need for some sense. Please critique and break it down to its core. ~Anonymous

got this in the mail

Quote    Reply   

Mazeter

Casual User

#35 [url]

Oct 19 15 3:24 AM

oddguy wrote:

Someone sent us a link to this thing:
http://pogoshots.webcomic.ws/comics/first

I read this thing, and it is complete and utter garbage. I think it's supposed to be funny, but it completely fails to be so. Several of the comics are just characters from various media drawn in the artist's shitty pogobot style with no punchline or point to them.

It is so bad that I'm not even sure if it's worth reviewing. Low hanging fruit and all that..

Quote    Reply   

oddguy

Living Spambot

#37 [url]

Jan 9 16 10:49 AM

Haven't checked email in a while... let's see what we got

suggestion to review RHJ

Kinda surprised you guys don't have anything by this guy on your site.

http://www.rhjunior.com/Anyways, his comics are fun and wot, but he's a total money whore, constantly posting that he's going bankrupt, that he's overdrawing his credit cards, that he doesn't have enough cash to support drawing, yet somehow he continues to do so. Mostly I want to see him bashed for that, which is what turned me off from his stuff a while back when it got too annoying. Also his website is hopelessly broken these days.

More shit about Willias
Found these in the DoA comments section:

1.image

2.image

I was suddenly struck by how much this applied to Willis himself, and how it speaks volumes about him and his fans.

Anyways. Food for thought.

Some kind words
I know for a fact you may not respond to this, but I want to tell you someone cares. I looked at your site and I agree with most of what your reviews have.  True there is an ocean of bad webcomics out their in the net.  But, some on your list I do enjoy, like Moon over June, Jay Nalyor, VG Cats and Zoophobia.  Now I won't argue on why I disagree with your review, but I will give you credit on your reasons why you hate it by posting your opinion on it.  Which I can respect.  But, we both can agree on one thing, we both hate Sonichu.  Sonichu is by far the worst idea that came out of a horse's rear end.  The big CWC, who is now claiming to be a transgender...no joke, is the biggest idiot ever.  The comic is not thought out, is badly drawn, the speech balloons are out of context, and the story really sucks three year sour milk.  And, CWC still doesn't get it.  I have a question for him, if people were to stop liking Sonichu, what are going to do now?  Sonichu may have come back, but it will quickly come to an end.  Not to mention the creator is the biggest man child ever.  So, I would agree making it as sonichu as the worst idea ever and that his obsession will meet with his own tragic end.  Just posting my opinion. Best Regards.

More suggestions

If one of you guys ever get a chance, please look up a webcomic named Man Pixie Nightmare Girls - and please, TERMINATE IT WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE.

the rest was garabge

Quote    Reply   

oddguy

Living Spambot

#38 [url]

Nov 13 16 1:37 PM

I had been a while since I've checked the mailbox

Been neglecting this so let's see if there is anything worth sharing with you guys

You guys should review "Selkie."  It's pretty bad. Selkiecomic.com

Review request
There's this site I found through Twitter that has all these poorly-thought-out superhero characters – Ultimate Man, Super Soul, Charisma Grey, and Chrome Justice (the latter two have yet to star in any comics of their own). I think the person who made these is trying to do what Marvel and DC did back in the silver age, but he doesn't seem to have any idea what he's doing. If you decide to to them, I would suggest probably covering all of them in the same article, since they all have the same problems. 

This one is actually pretty interesting in it's badness.
Hello!I google searched for webcomic reviewers and found your site! I read a couple of your wikipages and I like your style of reviewing!I have myself set up a webcomic and now I feel I have enough comicstrips posted to try to get some Reviews and feedback from comic critics around the web. It is a bit niched towards hospital staff but my aim(and hope) is that most people would find parts of it funny.I you have time to check it out I would be more than happy!www.elephantintheor.combest regardsMikael Plymoth

A lot of people have been sending us review requests for themselves wanting pointers
Hey there!
    I'm Shkelliton, or Shannon, whatever you prefer. I am a frequent purveyor and enjoy-er of the reviews on the Bad Webcomic Wiki because man, you guys are hilarious. Honestly, the reviews are amazing and give legitimate points with just the right amount of sass and possible asshole-ry (which isn't a problem) to make it an enjoyable read. I don't care if you get hate or even come across as jerks - you're right 99% of the time and I respect your writing abilities.     Now, I write a webcomic myself, which should be coming to a close soon enough. It's a short one that I hope to print at some point, so I had an idea: have the most brutal critics I know of to review and critique what I have. Rip it apart, tear it limb from limb, lemme know what I need to or should fix. Now personally I hope you derive some enjoyment out of it, but I wasn't complimenting your ability to critique to butter you up. I truly want to know what I can do - panelling issues, character voices and cliches, pacing of the story, plot holes, whatever. Generally speaking I script out my stories to what I see as a finished product, but I didn't do that for this one because it's a short one. Anyways, it should be over in a month or two, I hope you'll check it out and shred it to pieces like you do so well once it's done! Regards,Shannon/Shkelliton http://tapastic.com/series/dreamward

Another one.

I like your work. Anyone willing to say the emperor has no clothes is okay in my book. Anyway, I've come across a couple poorly-drawn abominations from the same author that I don't think you've gotten to yet. Dragon City and the more recent Jix. Haven't read the latter, but I'm assuming it has all the same problems as the former. 

HERE'S SOME REALLY BAD HATE MAIL!

I stumbled upon your site looking for a story summary for a comic you've labeled bad and while your site lists a few comics I really like, I like what you've got going. You're less irrational than I expected. (That's not to say I disagree with your points about the comics I do like. I still like them despite unrealistic characters, unclear story, etc. They're webcomics after all; not a NYT bestseller. You are 100% about Jeph Jacques being a jackass tho. )Heres the part you can turn off and go into hate-mail-response mode: I just think your site is pointless. Some Webcomics are bad for a number of valid reasons. And...? Should I stop liking it? Should the author stop creating content that people like? That goes for your content as well. I personally don't like it but other people do. And maybe that's your reasoning, i don't know. But on the surface, who really cares if you think the comic sucks and are smug and douchey about it? I guess the answer would be people who are also so butthurt about the contents existence they seek out others who agree with them.The problem is that these are just normal dudes who like writing a webcomic. That's where it isn't cool. But I know you don't care. This is just a message from one hater to another. I don't have to visit your site or care it exists but you're stuck with your piles of garbage. Kind of like AVGN for webcomics but at least he's funny.:D

Okay this next comic suggesting is some next level bad shit 
I don't know if it's the sort of thing that merits a review, but holy shit, this thing is bad

http://www.hugocomics.comAuthor seems like an okay guy, if a bit disconnected from reality.

The rest was not woth posting here besides a string of crazy emails directed at me personally by someone I never heard of calling me a racist

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Nov 13 16 8:58 PM

Does the wiki ever get mail from authors who admit they learned to identify their mistakes from the BWW? I'm sure there has to be some success stories out there about authors the wiki managed to help.

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#40 [url]

Nov 13 16 9:35 PM

Charles Chroniel wrote:
Does the wiki ever get mail from authors who admit they learned to identify their mistakes from the BWW? I'm sure there has to be some success stories out there about authors the wiki managed to help.

Look up "Demon Battles" in the Reactions section.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help