Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Nov 13 16 10:36 PM

Long Tom wrote:

Charles Chroniel wrote:
Does the wiki ever get mail from authors who admit they learned to identify their mistakes from the BWW? I'm sure there has to be some success stories out there about authors the wiki managed to help.

Look up "Demon Battles" in the Reactions section.

Dear Santa giving gifts to the orphans amidst the harsh winter, the BWW did save a webcomic from its sins. The system works!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Shan

Living Spambot

#42 [url]

Nov 13 16 11:47 PM

Charles Chroniel wrote:
Does the wiki ever get mail from authors who admit they learned to identify their mistakes from the BWW? I'm sure there has to be some success stories out there about authors the wiki managed to help.

On top of the webcomic authors who are members of this forum, there's also others who read both the reviews and the forum posts and have gone to at least try and incorporate the feedback into their future work.

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Nov 14 16 6:53 AM

*whispers* I'm surprised nobody has nominated this as this thread's official jingle.

[url=

But yeah. In fact, I know a couple of people who actually joined after a review. Wait no, I lie, it was one person I am currently aware of.

Last Edited By: UglyHyena Nov 14 16 6:56 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#46 [url]

Nov 14 16 11:23 AM

The people I know of whose most recent visits to the forums here have been non-confrontational and in fact quite informative very often include the creators of Puck, Frivolesque, Beast Legion, Eternal Knights and even oddguy's arch-nemesis Drowemos.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BigBurkhart

Regular User

#48 [url]

Nov 14 16 2:50 PM

Hey oddguy, what's the chances we can get a list of the links repaired from the last mail dump? Some were just an easy copy/paste into the URL, but some of them are difficult to find, even with Google. (For example, Dragon City just brought up a shitty Facebook game.)

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#49 [url]

Nov 14 16 3:23 PM

UglyHyena wrote:
Drowemos is oddguy's nemesis? I need to hear the story behind that!

There's nothing that exciting, also I could be extrapolating too far.

However, if there's one thing I do really well, it's leaping to conclusions.

I guess it's show my work time:

Well, firstly, there's the Angry Reactions section on the Wiki. It didn't really strike me as "Angry" as such in his case and at least one other person came to that conclusion as well.

Then there was the time much more recently like in the last year or so that Drowemons randomly turned up on the forums and he and I had a perfectly civil conversation about such wide-ranging topics as the murals and demonic Demon Horse of Denver International Airport. oddguy turned up in that conversation but we kind of talked around him because his comment kind of was at right angles to the conversation.

Finally, there was the time he mistook EssayMod for him in another forum topic and 'challenged him to a fight IRL' (All Caps at that, too).

So, maybe I'm stretching but I don't *think* oddguy has put forward a challenge to anyone else for a real life brawl (a la Raging Boll) in meatspace that I know of, so unless evidence I missed comes to light, I guess if anyone was in the running for pole position for that honour, it'd have to be him on the basis of that, wouldn't it?

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Nov 14 16 10:54 PM

Charles Chroniel wrote:
Hyena, do you mean Pink Rabbit? The other day I learned he/she is the author of the other Jack comic.

She. But I don't look like it on purpose.
I joined the forum a while ago and like to hang out here, but I will never, EVER make a review of anyone else's comic and post it on the BWW.

Quote    Reply   

#51 [url]

Nov 16 16 8:55 PM

Pink Rabbit wrote:

Charles Chroniel wrote:
Hyena, do you mean Pink Rabbit? The other day I learned he/she is the author of the other Jack comic.

She. But I don't look like it on purpose.
I joined the forum a while ago and like to hang out here, but I will never, EVER make a review of anyone else's comic and post it on the BWW.

That's fine, and nice to meet you. I'm sorry that I had to refer to you that way, I don't know many people here.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help