Remove this ad

Lead

May 14 15 11:21 AM

Tags : :

Hello.

My name is Catya, and I'm the author of the 'other' Jack comic that's been reviewed here. And before anyone gets angry at me, I can handle critisism, and I have even written my own review of it a while back, which you can read here http://razor-rabbit.tumblr.com/post/79598490480/what-do-i-really-think-of-my-jack-comic

The reason I ask, is because Oddguy contacted me on Tumblr, and we started talking for a while and he told me about how people can get a review removed, so I thought I'd give it a shot. 
Yes I openly admit it's bad and poorly written. That being said, what do you think, is it worth removing?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

oddguy

Living Spambot

#1 [url]

May 14 15 11:26 AM

It's up to you guys. I like the review, but if y'all think the review isn't good enough or the comic isn't bad enough (or want to take it down for any other reason) I'll remove it. Every artist has the right to contest his review and, the same way a comic is deemed worthy for review by consensus, a review can be removed in the same way.

Discuss.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 14 15 12:05 PM

Unless the comic is gone or significantly improved I say leave it.

People have a common defense mechanism they employ to defend themselves from the threat of contrary viewpoints. This shield they wield is the act of dismissing such contrary viewpoints by arbitrarily undermining their validity.

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#3 [url]

May 14 15 1:38 PM

We removed the review of "Dume" per the author's request, as he asked nicely and it had been long discontinued.

If the other Jack is a past embarrassment to the author and they want to remove it, let's take away the review as well.  One webcomic we didn't bother to review was one where the author had long discontinued and admitted it was a stinker.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 14 15 2:29 PM

Thank you.
As for the character himself, he's still around, but I'm planning on making a final arc where he leave that dump and merges into my other comic called Magra.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 14 15 2:35 PM

Not sure I'd recommend that unless he takes a level in characterization.

The largest issue I took from reviews of the comic was the main character himself being kinda unlikeable. Though I never read the comic myself.

People have a common defense mechanism they employ to defend themselves from the threat of contrary viewpoints. This shield they wield is the act of dismissing such contrary viewpoints by arbitrarily undermining their validity.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 14 15 3:10 PM

Horerczy wrote:
Not sure I'd recommend that unless he takes a level in characterization.

The largest issue I took from reviews of the comic was the main character himself being kinda unlikeable. Though I never read the comic myself.

He was kinda bland back then. But I figured I could get him out of there and change his character. The comic under his name will still be dead.

Quote    Reply   

Bertbutt

Heavy User

#7 [url]

May 14 15 3:29 PM

I'm with Horerczy on this one, the comic is still up, and especially if the artist is still adding to it, keep up the review. Unless this final arc shows some significant improvement or something or improves enough that came before it in retrospect, but I very much doubt that in such a short story line. Dume did get its review removed, but the comic also disappeared from the internet, so leaving the review up would be pointless. I also have vaguely paranoid suspicions about the somewhat coincidental timing of this request, though it could very much be just coincidental.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 14 15 4:41 PM

If the review isn't removed (which I personally don't think it needs removing) we could always just add that the author kindly asked for it to be removed and admitted themselves that they knew it was bad. That way it doesn't effect their current reputation but the review can still remain up.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 14 15 7:26 PM

I would keep the review but remove/tone down the author biography. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

May 14 15 8:54 PM

I can see toning down the author bit.

Quote    Reply   

Toasty

Casual User

#12 [url]

May 14 15 9:09 PM

I agree that the review should remain but the author sections seems unnecessary and mean spirited given that the author doesn't seem to be a bad person in any capacity. I'd prefer author sections be reserved by particularly funny/terrible authors, and to be honest Pink Rabbit just seems overly geeky.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

May 15 15 2:20 AM

Thank you. I feel like the part that digs into the athour was uncalled for, so could you remove this part? "This comic is made by an adult... that's right. She's 24, but she writes like she's a fourteen year old taking remedial English and draws like she's an eight year old in special ed.Think about it this way: ever read the fanfic "My Immortal"? It's bad, but all the shitty writing and pop culture references to shitty bands are forgivable because whoever wrote it must have been fifteen at the time. What excuse does Cathrine have for this crap? Also she manages to defy the double standard that only male webcomic artists are sick fucks. Look at this picture featuring Jack. Or maybe this piece of rape art is more to your liking? Lurid pictures are okay when it's a woman who made them, right?"

And this part? "Also, you should know she is a fan of I.C.P and even has an I.C.P. tattoo. Are all the clues coming together now? if you're not familiar with the I.C.P, let me just summarize by saying that they are pro-wrestling clown rapers. You read that right. they write songs about rape, murder and how magnets are made of magic and have legion of fans most of which are 13 years old. If you want a little demo of what they're about look up the song "Game Show" and imagine that being someone's inspiration.
And that's "Jack" in a nutshell.In short - Grow up." As for the tattoos, yes I have one, but I'm planning on having it covered up later this summer because I was never really that into it. The review wasn't even that bad, but that whole week was a mess back when I found out about it and Bad Webcomics Overlook had reviewed it too, but the days before that happened, this other asshole from another comic portal had been harassing me and calling my work shit every day, he followed me over to El Santo's review and kept going there, so I lashed out because of him, not just the reviews.
Thank you for taking the time to hear me out.

PS: I deactivated my DeviantART account because it was just collecting dust, so none of the links to it works.

Last Edited By: Pink Rabbit May 15 15 2:30 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

oddguy

Living Spambot

#14 [url]

May 15 15 3:45 AM

I'm down with re-writing the bio section. That's actually what I was implying when I asked you if you'd like me to change something in the review without deleting it.
That section is pretty mean spirited, but at the time you were acting like an edgy teenager. Since it you aren't doing that anymore, and since you haven't done anything actually terrible like a lot of the people we review (we've had some real pedophiles and psychos and people who run fraudulent charities on this site), I see no reason not to get rid of the personal attacks.

Last Edited By: oddguy May 15 15 3:50 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

oddguy

Living Spambot

#19 [url]

May 15 15 8:41 AM

No problem :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help