Remove this ad

avatar

plarblman

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,167

#41 [url]

Aug 2 16 12:56 PM

See, if I were the writer of this comic, I'd have the boyfriend turn the tables and say, "no see, I'm a big supporter of illegal immigration. I'm hiring these gardeners out of the kindness of my heart! The only reason I pay so little is to avoid drawing attention from immigration police. And the IRS. They're huge sticklers about W-2's and all."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

Kraken

Forum Leech

Posts: 483

#42 [url]

Aug 3 16 7:44 AM

plarblman wrote:
See, if I were the writer of this comic, I'd have the boyfriend turn the tables and say, "no see, I'm a big supporter of illegal immigration. I'm hiring these gardeners out of the kindness of my heart! The only reason I pay so little is to avoid drawing attention from immigration police. And the IRS. They're huge sticklers about W-2's and all."

Agreed this plotline was sadly predictable.

But wait! Here's a silver lining! Check out Panel 2:
http://strongfemaleprotagonist.com/issue-6/page-68-3/

Doesn't that server lid look like a huge boob, and rich-boy is tweaking the nipple? Now that I've seen it, I can't un-see it.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Crazy J

Regular User

Posts: 121

#43 [url]

Aug 10 16 8:15 PM

"What's the difference between you telling them they have to work all night, and me telling you that you shouldn't make them work all night?"

The answer to this one is simple.

1) In a market based economy, wages are set through the law of Supply And Demand. Raking leaves is not a highly sought after skill, it requires little to no training and anybody could do it. As such it will not fetch a high price in terms of wages. If those guys want more money then they're just going to have to learn some skill or trade that is in demand. Even in the workers paradise of the former Soviet Union, the city street sweeper did not have the same wealth and privileges of the Commissars.

2) It's not your money. You want to pay someone 20 buck an hour to push a lawn mower, be my guest. I would like to point out that Allison derives a very large portion of her income from the sales of Guardian/Mega-Girl merchandise. Unless the author forgot to tell us that such toys were made by a hippie commune in Northern Vermont, then most likely such items were manufactured in PRC China, the Asian country that really doesn't believe in altruistic labor practices. I would rather push a lawn mower for Mr Money Bucks here for X dollars per day* then assemble plastic dolls in some Beijing sweat shop.

*We still don't know how much these guys are actually being paid. It could be a fairly decent amount for all we know.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Sindy

Living Spambot

Posts: 833

#47 [url]

Aug 23 16 11:47 AM

"You are literally a man right now"
​"I want a safe space"
​"turning into a woman doesn't make you one, I'm trying to protect my trans sisters from you"

*looks at the date*
*nowhere near April*

​okay. What the everloving genderfluid transFUCK did I just read?

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,962

#49 [url]

Aug 23 16 3:10 PM

It's like the social justice got layered so many snowflakes that it finally collapsed in on itself. Holy shit that comic is ridiculous. Some of the transwomen felt unsafe with a woman there who could turn into a man? By that logic, wouldn't that mean they'd have to exclude pre-op transvestites who identify as women?

Ugh, I have got to stop attempting to apply logic to bullshit feelings-based nonsense.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

M

Heavy User

Posts: 205

#50 [url]

Aug 24 16 7:48 AM

I must admit, I actually kind of like SFP. Allison is pretty clearly shown to a narcissistic hypocrite, so I always find her grandstanding funny to watch.

Especially when she's about to get involved in an issue that she really doesn't have much experience with.

Like her doubtlessly-forthcoming attempt to insert herself into this argument.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

Crazy J

Regular User

Posts: 121

#51 [url]

Aug 24 16 10:32 AM

SmashLampjaw wrote:
It's like the social justice got layered so many snowflakes that it finally collapsed in on itself. Holy shit that comic is ridiculous. Some of the transwomen felt unsafe with a woman there who could turn into a man? By that logic, wouldn't that mean they'd have to exclude pre-op transvestites who identify as women?

Ugh, I have got to stop attempting to apply logic to bullshit feelings-based nonsense.

We better watch out it doesn't reach critical mass otherwise the stupid bull-shit will become self sustaining, just like in Spider-Man 2 and they are nowhere near the Hudson!

Quote    Reply   
avatar

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

Posts: 501

#52 [url]

Aug 24 16 1:13 PM

M wrote:
I must admit, I actually kind of like SFP. Allison is pretty clearly shown to a narcissistic hypocrite, so I always find her grandstanding funny to watch.

Especially when she's about to get involved in an issue that she really doesn't have much experience with.

Like her doubtlessly-forthcoming attempt to insert herself into this argument.

Actually, this is why I don't like Allison, or SFP in general. For two reasons:

1. She's invincible. Nothing can harm her, so there is not weight when she is proving wrong becuase ultimately it does not effect her. So what if you can prove her wrong. She can still instill her worldview.

2. People say Allison is constantly proving wrong, but thats becuase she always goes for extremes. The bitch believes that people deserve to die for reading Atlus Shrug. Yeah, its a bad book, but its not like its Mein Kampf or the Communist Manifesto. (A book she propably does believe in.) Any idiot can prove that an extremist is wrong, so it is not that hard to prove Allison wrong when all she does is "Oh wow, I was too extreme, I will just be less extreme." She's flawed, but Ham-Fistedly eye rolling flawed. 
What's more, she is only proven wrong to those she agrees with (Liberals) not those she disagrees with. (conservatives) Like, her friends will call her a hypocrite for being self-rightous, but her allies are only pointing out the extremes, never the politics of the argument. I would like her be proven wrong if she went to a redneck who lives in Alabama and calling him a racist for waving a confederate flag, and the rednecks response would be "Lady, I live 500 miles a way from the nearest city, who cares how I express my views as long as I am not hurting anymore? How about you try to stop gang violence, or save women who get their clits cut in the Middle East than wasting you time in the middle of buttfuck nowhere harrasing someone who is not harming anyone?" That would impress me, if Allison actually questioned her politics, but nope, Liberalism good conservativism bad. 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

plarblman

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,167

#53 [url]

Aug 24 16 1:45 PM

This is a pretty bizarre use of the strawman, the way you describe it. Deliberately exaggerating your own views, only to temper them to make yourself look moderate? Can't say I've ever heard that one before.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

Posts: 501

#54 [url]

Aug 24 16 2:03 PM

plarblman wrote:
This is a pretty bizarre use of the strawman, the way you describe it. Deliberately exaggerating your own views, only to temper them to make yourself look moderate? Can't say I've ever heard that one before.

Yeah, I hope I dont sound crazy, but that is what SFP seems to employ. It kind of reminds me of Roz from DOA, but less extreme; their argument is never questioned, only pushed back by a counterargument that does not even genuienly challenge the argument.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

M

Heavy User

Posts: 205

#55 [url]

Aug 24 16 5:55 PM

>ohitsyou

1. ...Yeah, that's still a major problem.

2. I think this is best illustrated when she magically convinced her sister into seeing things her way.

3. Ugh, Roz. I'm already bracing myself for her inevitable appearance in the current DoA plotline.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,962

#56 [url]

Aug 24 16 7:47 PM

One of this comic's biggest problems (from what I've read) is it depicts SFP as being right but a little too extreme about it. Like the whole point of the comic is to say to the SJW community, "Don't use violence and tyranny to 'do the right thing.' Stick with appropriate things, like shaming people, harassment, empty threats, and acting like massive assholes to everyone who disagrees with you, who we here at SFP agree are universally wrong."

Quote    Reply   
avatar

BigBurkhart

Regular User

Posts: 132

#57 [url]

Aug 24 16 10:22 PM

Kraken wrote:
This latest comic... well, it kind of speaks for itself:

http://strongfemaleprotagonist.com/issue-6/page-74-3/

I can't help but giggling, though, at the last two panels. The way each character seems to have a little sprinkler under their lower eyelid that's splooshing out tears in a ballistic trajectory... for some reason, that just tickles the hell out of me.

Fucking A. If this comic had its head any further up its own ass it could check for cavities. This is fast approaching that line of self-actualization where they THINK they're making a good point but instead they are giving a perfect example of why we think they and every other SJW argument is so full of shit. (See: Assigned Male) Their fear of what they refuse to understand morphs into bigotry, and the process comes full circle. The railroad tracks are laid out for SFP, now we just need to watch as the main character slowly morphs into what every sane person sees as a supervillain, while the actual author is satisfied with flimsier and flimsier attempts to justify the main character's actions.

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Sep 1 16 6:14 AM

Hot piss that shapeshifter-super VS female safe space bullshit... wow - that is some next level stupid

I do wonder what the strong female prick will do with her plan for an SJW superhero project. I'm sure it'll end real well

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,962

#59 [url]

Sep 2 16 2:50 PM

I would so love it if she had to face off against a villain named "Merit Man", a white straight man whose power is to prevent people from getting things they didn't earn.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Crazy J

Regular User

Posts: 121

#60 [url]

Sep 3 16 8:52 AM

I just like to see her fight someone who's read John Stuart Mill's "On Liberty."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help