Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#901 [url]

Shan wrote:
The parties have changed a bit since then.

For starters, the Democratic Party was originally called the Republican Party when it was founded.
That is wildly misleading. The Republican Party split from the Democrat party; the Dems went on to found the KKK afterward.

I'd like to get back on-topic though, given we have a politics thread for pure political discussion. Does anyone know why Willis decided to randomly name-drop Tomi Lahren? I've never heard of her; it kind of surprises me he wouldn't go after someone more known. Did she do something around the time of this comic?

EDIT: Oh, she worked with Glenn Beck. No wonder I've never heard of her. That guy is a manufactured conservative product on top of being deranged.

Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Last Edited By: SmashLampjaw . Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

plarblman

Living Spambot

#902 [url]

Also, I'd like to point out that the statement "all women are tens" has some... shall we say, interesting unintended implications.

1. Claiming that all women are equally amazing is quite easily disproven by the fact that are plenty of shitty women just like there are plenty of shitty men. The underlying assumption is that this is not the case.
2. Willis tries to deflect the above criticism by citing Tomi Lahren, though as previously, stated, that's more for ideological reasons than anything she's actually done to another human being. More importantly, though, there's a hidden implication that there are only a few isolated cases of bad women, rather than being the case that there are plenty of women who are neither perfect nor horrible.
3. This is basically the "virgin/whore complex" in a broader sense. "All women are perfect unless they somehow offend my sensibilities, then they're irredeemable."

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#903 [url]

SmashLampjaw wrote:

Shan wrote:
The parties have changed a bit since then.

For starters, the Democratic Party was originally called the Republican Party when it was founded.

That is wildly misleading. The Republican Party split from the Democrat party; the Dems went on to found the KKK afterward.

I'd like to get back on-topic though, given we have a politics thread for pure political discussion. Does anyone know why Willis decided to randomly name-drop Tomi Lahren? I've never heard of her; it kind of surprises me he wouldn't go after someone more known. Did she do something around the time of this comic?

EDIT: Oh, she worked with Glenn Beck. No wonder I've never heard of her. That guy is a manufactured conservative product on top of being deranged.

I said for starters, not for finishers.

I knew who Tomi Lahren was but then I do do my due diligence by reading Jezebel on a regular basis.

Glenn Beck we suspect is an act for the $, Sean Hannity, we suspect actually might believe what he's saying and everyone's quite divided on Alex Jones.

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#904 [url]

Alex Jones is just a concerned animal rights activist fighting for the rights of frogs not to be compelled to go through straight conversion therapy.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#905 [url]

plarblman wrote:
Alex Jones is just a concerned animal rights activist fighting for the rights of frogs not to be compelled to go through straight conversion therapy.

All I have to say is that when I first saw this picture of younger Alex Jones, I honestly thought I was looking at a picture of Jean-Claude Van Damme from Bloodsport for a moment there.

Oh, I suppose his strategy for claiming his behaviour on his show was an act during his recent court case was an interesting one. We would believe that for Beck but we're honestly quite divided on him, he's confused usĀ that much.

Has anyone along the lines of any of these pundits turned up in Dumbing of Age in any capacity?

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help