Remove this ad

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

#921 [url]

Jun 4 17 1:06 PM

Why isnt Dorothy calling 911? 

I mean, she has a cell phone and she is safe behind the door. Call the police, instead of staring at the fight like a dope.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#922 [url]

Jun 4 17 1:15 PM

This isn't self defense it's straight up assault. It ceased to be self defense when amber disarmed rapey mcdouchey and proceeded to make a verbal threat and then lay an unholy smackdown on the guy.

People have a common defense mechanism they employ to defend themselves from the threat of contrary viewpoints. This shield they wield is the act of dismissing such contrary viewpoints by arbitrarily undermining their validity.

Quote    Reply   

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

#923 [url]

Jun 12 17 2:41 PM

The last couple of DOA comics are kind of weird.

After Amber slashed Rapey, the comic skipped three days, jumping from monday, to I believe thursday.

These comics read like epilogues. Like, everything in DOA is wrapping up; everyone is happy, the bad guys are defeated, and soon we will see "The end" soon. 

I know it won't, but I wouldnt be entirely suprised if later down DOA line, Willis will restart DOA again at the beggining of freshman year again. I remember Willis saying these characters are his wheelhouse and he can write them over and over again.

Its like the retarded version of the Eternal Recurrence.

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#924 [url]

Jun 12 17 3:10 PM

If this is anything like Shortpacked, Willis will wrap up the main characters story arcs only to replace them with even more boring cardboard cutouts with no story arcs whatsoever, so as to keep the comic going without upsetting the delicate balance.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#926 [url]

Jun 13 17 4:37 PM

Shortpacked has been archived by the Library of Congress. Your* tax dollars at work, ladies and gentlemen.

https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0009974/

*I am not American and hence do not pay US tax. Well, except that one time but I ended up getting most of that back, I think.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

#927 [url]

Jun 13 17 4:58 PM

Shan wrote:
Shortpacked has been archived by the Library of Congress. Your* tax dollars at work, ladies and gentlemen.

*I am not American and hence do not pay US tax. Well, except that one time but I ended up getting most of that back, I think.

Wait, what does it take to get archived in the Library of Congress? Must be a pretty low threshold if Shortpacked is in there.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#930 [url]

Jun 13 17 5:50 PM

SmashLampjaw wrote:

Shan wrote:

... maybe Plarbs can add that to the review when he finishes resisting the urge to throw up at the news.

Already done it, complete with link. Of course, there could be a better place to put the link I added.

Look, I have no strong opinions on the content of anything Walkyverse as I haven't really read it. I can see how it makes sense. For starter's we're not everyone (obviously) and Dave Willis certainly has a strong work ethic. There's months of buffer, his Kickstarters are completed successfully and well over target goals. People are happy with what they get on the whole as they keep coming back to the next one and since Shortpacked! is finished on top of having some prominence, I can see why it was chosen for archiving on the basis of that last statement alone.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help