Remove this ad

drisko

Regular User

Lead

Nov 22 15 12:22 AM

Tags : :

Hey guys. Wanted to ask about rewriting some of the reviews that were written years ago but the comics they're on are still updating. Stuff like the Least I Could Do and Menage a 3 reviews, which are fine but they don't cover anything from the past few years. Maybe have another section, sort of like how the CAD review separates the reboot from the other review?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#1 [url]

Nov 22 15 4:46 AM

drisko wrote:
Hey guys. Wanted to ask about rewriting some of the reviews that were written years ago but the comics they're on are still updating. Stuff like the Least I Could Do and Menage a 3 reviews, which are fine but they don't cover anything from the past few years. Maybe have another section, sort of like how the CAD review separates the reboot from the other review?

As a general rule, we only change reviews from the time they were written if the webcomic makes any significant changes that we feel would change our opinion of the webcomic, e. g. the art or writing has significantly changed from before, in a way that affects the overall tone of the webcomic.  Even then, there are cases, such as Furthia High, which are rebooted without necessarily making them better, in which case we might list the characteristics of the old version and the new version.  Alternatively, if something significant happens in a webcomic that we feel should be pointed out, we say "UPDATE" in the review and say what this event is.  I did that with Sandra and Woo.

Quote    Reply   

drisko

Regular User

#2 [url]

Nov 23 15 10:27 PM

Okay, that sounds fair. I was thinking about adding to the LICD review that Sohmer is apparently now a feminist after having a daughter, ignoring his years of rampant misogyny.

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#3 [url]

Nov 24 15 4:20 AM

drisko wrote:
Okay, that sounds fair. I was thinking about adding to the LICD review that Sohmer is apparently now a feminist after having a daughter, ignoring his years of rampant misogyny.

Definitely a candidate for an UPDATE.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help