Remove this ad

juju98

Casual User

#23 [url]

Nov 6 13 3:39 AM

So, I am done with writing a review for 'Head wound'.
Note, that it's the first time I ever review a webcomic and it might still need some fiddling around. If stuff needs to be added, please do.

Also, labels. I haven't got around to adding those.(NSFW and whatever)

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#28 [url]

Nov 28 13 8:11 AM

I admit I go by the list, though some I did see in the past.  But the list choices choices all seem appropriate.

Yes, some of the ones listed here I discovered myself.  Sandra and Woo, Perki Goth/Candi Raver, Namir Deiter.  And plenty of people dissed Raine Dog before I did, including those on the "Define Cynical" fan forum (of which I am a member; I like Ozy and Millie).  If I find more on my own I'll alert you.

Last Edited By: Long Tom Nov 28 13 8:20 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#30 [url]

Nov 28 13 11:37 AM

oddguyI don't know how you can stand it. I can't be bothered to review a comic I don't hate.

Mockery is fun for me.  Especially when the person whose comic gets reviewed gets butthurt.  Novil's attempts to sabotage the review of "Sandra and Woo" really made me feel it was worth it, and more.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#31 [url]

Jan 5 14 7:41 AM

I finished "Press Start To Play".  It's not a long review, but then it wasn't a long-lived webcomic; only 96 strips in all.  Think it's ready to post?

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Jan 10 14 8:01 PM

Added to the Index:

* Unnatural 20 -
* Press Start to Play - Please expand the writting section. If you think there are issues with the plot, expand as well. All information you can provide us will help.

AGE QUOD AGIC

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#34 [url]

Jan 11 14 7:51 PM

MakarovJAC wrote:
Added to the Index:

* Unnatural 20 -
* Press Start to Play - Please expand the writting section. If you think there are issues with the plot, expand as well. All information you can provide us will help.

Well, the Press Start To Play review was short because the webcomic itself ran for barely over a year-96 strips total.  And there was no plot so much as what you might call a story event-the two protagonists get married and their wives join the cast.  And I mentioned the lack of good jokes, but there's no point in giving more examples since I'd only repeat myself.  I try to make my reviews just long enough to make whatever points I feel need making.  This webcomic had flaws, but the worst was that it was supposed to be funny, and it failed in that regard.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Feb 7 14 4:08 AM

Are we even sure Kawaii Otaku Daigaku is serious? I mean it could go either way; it's so extreme that it rides the fine line between dead serious and over-the-top joke. The art is a step above CWC, but that isn't saying much, and there's so many Japanese cliches.

Quote    Reply   

izzus

Heavy User

#37 [url]

Feb 9 14 2:42 PM

Trogdorbad wrote:
Are we even sure Kawaii Otaku Daigaku is serious? I mean it could go either way; it's so extreme that it rides the fine line between dead serious and over-the-top joke. The art is a step above CWC, but that isn't saying much, and there's so many Japanese cliches.

I read through it. It is a satire. Some of the pages actually made me laugh, like this one and these two strips.
Right about here is when it kind of leaves the satire in the dust. I'd call it the point of downfall since there's little to no satire after this part, but the comic only continues for another twenty pages. If I were to review it, each section would be less than a paragraph, and only the art section would have some meat on its bones. I don't think the comic is reviewable in its current form.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Feb 10 14 9:48 AM

I don't remember that this comic reached a consensus. Even if I read it over again, I don't think this mmight cause any harm. Other than offending hardcore obssesed fans. 

AGE QUOD AGIC

Quote    Reply   

izzus

Heavy User

#39 [url]

Feb 16 14 9:51 AM

I guess since Kawaii Otaku Daigaku can't be reviewed right now, I'll go with Not a Villain.
Already I've found two glaring flaws in the premise alone.

Quote    Reply   

izzus

Heavy User

#40 [url]

Feb 26 14 5:00 PM

Not a Villain is pretty much done.
I have some doubts about how many people will be able to understand certain parts of the review without reading the comic. Did I cover everything in a way that makes sense?

Last Edited By: izzus Feb 26 14 5:40 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help