Remove this ad

izzus

Heavy User

#101 [url]

Apr 11 15 4:59 PM

Hey I think I'm gonna be reviewing The Way to Your Heart next. Be sure to expect it in about a year like my last review.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#102 [url]

Apr 12 15 9:17 AM

I remember looking at that one because MakarovJAC offered a reward for doing it. My impression was the comic was very long and incredibly tedious. Good luck maintaining your will to live.

Quote    Reply   

Weisk

Casual User

#103 [url]

Apr 14 15 5:09 PM

Oh please do it... I just saw that thing about the reward the other day and decided to check it out to see how bad it was. Small argument on the site's chatbox about how generic the artist's "animu" art and the artist's response makes me want to see all the shit that can be dug up on her so much...

Comic is tedious as hell, though. I wish you luck in staying awake long enough to figure out what the hell is going on 90% of the time.

Quote    Reply   

izzus

Heavy User

#104 [url]

Apr 14 15 7:39 PM

I just started delving into this thing and I swear the artist is lazier than Chris Hazelton.
More than half of the panels are nothing but characters and visual effects. It happens on like every page. Sometimes the whole page.
If I did the calculation thing I did for my review of 6 Gun Mage it'd probably be like 40-50% of the comic that the author didn't draw.

I've got an idea for a thing I want to do in the art review but it relies on my poor photoshop skills. And it has nothing to do with the first part of this post.

The writing can be paid attention to if you've got moxie. Like me.
But fuck yeah it's boring shit. High schoolers aren't interesting. They're just idiots.

This is gonna be a slog.
Hopefully I get some easy days in my work schedule so I can push through this shit.

Also seaweed hair.

Quote    Reply   

Weisk

Casual User

#105 [url]

Apr 14 15 7:56 PM

My favourite part is when she points out that it is in fact hair on the previous page.

Reading through as much as I could stomach I really wanted to see redlines on her horrific anatomy (although some of it is from parts of the comic that are apparently being remade or maybe going to be remade). Or a collage of the same-face-below-eyes syndrome almost every character has. If you need/want some help with some of that stuff on the art review (I have no idea if you're an artist), I have a buddy I can probably con into redlining some of the more horrible pages/animu people, or whatever other artistic services. Hit me up if you'd be interested, I'd love to help along the review.

Quote    Reply   

#106 [url]

Apr 18 15 4:24 PM

Another "would be interesting to see on the site but am not masochistic enough to seek out and review" would be Watch Ur Mouth, a bizarre transgender-related comic that I remember reading about on the Cwcki Forums (remember the guy defending Shredded Moose? he dated WUM's author for a while)

Quote    Reply   

izzus

Heavy User

#107 [url]

Apr 18 15 6:16 PM

American Dork wrote:
Another "would be interesting to see on the site but am not masochistic enough to seek out and review" would be Watch Ur Mouth, a bizarre transgender-related comic that I remember reading about on the Cwcki Forums (remember the guy defending Shredded Moose? he dated WUM's author for a while)

I went looking for the comic because you posted no links. All I found is a patreon with zero donors and a twitter account. Looks like there's only three comics to the thing judging from the twitter.

Quote    Reply   

#109 [url]

Apr 19 15 2:50 AM

izzus wrote:
Hey I think I'm gonna be reviewing The Way to Your Heart next. Be sure to expect it in about a year like my last review.

I've already read through the entire of The Way To Your Heart. I was going to review it but it's sooooooooooooooooooo boring I just don't want to look again.

I didn't even know half of the characters names by the time I'd finished the archive binge and I guessed the ending with nearly 1000 pages to go.

The female lead is crazy and lets insanely bad things happen to her and won't let the band boys be mad at each other because, I shit you not, "Orochi is a good band"

Be sure to point out that the author would like you to know that it isn't a webcomic it's an online manga as if the name made any difference to what it is.

Quote    Reply   

izzus

Heavy User

#110 [url]

Apr 19 15 8:32 AM

Okay man I'll keep that in mind.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

izzus

Heavy User

#111 [url]

Aug 13 15 6:40 PM

Hey there I'm betting you're all not expecting my review of The Way To Your Heart.
Well you're wrong.
I'm still reviewing it.
But my computer died and I needed to buy a new motherboard.
But my processor didn't fit my new motherboard so now I need to order a new processor.
So it'll still get reviewed.
Probably sometime.

Quote    Reply   

oneof5

Casual User

#113 [url]

Aug 18 15 2:59 PM

as far as I know the 'to do' list is first come first served. and hello! don't be shy about jumping into any of the other threads, this place is pretty chill.

Quote    Reply   

Nomstuff

Regular User

#115 [url]

Aug 22 15 8:52 AM

So, http://badwebcomics.wikidot.com/forum/t-244803/comics-in-disguise - Why did this appear on the to-do-list?

The general consensus was that it was meh, but not bad enough to warrant an entry, and I'm struggling to find anything to really criticize, other than the shitty art, lack of humour (I might just not get it, cos I was never a fan of the series) and poor characterization.

EDIT: Didn't know where to put this, but this one was compared to concessions http://badwebcomics.wikidot.com/forum/t-150826/buddies-in-big-places and people agreed, it still exists and you have seem to have recieved a reply from the author. 

http://bibp.com/ - over 5000 strips and counting, 

Same deal with this one http://badwebcomics.wikidot.com/forum/t-644689/tomb-raider-the-tome-of-the-ancients

http://www.bowskiproductions.com/Lara_Comic/non_flash.html

Last Edited By: Nomstuff Aug 22 15 9:47 AM. Edited 5 times.

Quote    Reply   

#116 [url]

Aug 22 15 7:44 PM

I guess this question is fitting here: I didn't see anything on the Official Newbie Guide about what makes a reviewer to qualify to review webcomics. Reading the reviews on the BWW, it looks like all the reviewers are artists themselves. I am not an artist by any definition, I just read a lot of webcomics. Should I contribute?

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#118 [url]

Oct 22 15 1:47 PM

I'm working on updating the review for Exiern and since whatever got it a review here is probably applicable to its alternate universe spin off Exiern: Dark Reflections, I started a review for it too. Just to say, I know they both need a lot more work and I'll keep at it until they're at least halfway decent. I'm not intending to leave them like that.

Unless someone else wants to do it, I'll also do this one: http://www.murryandlewy.com/
Though it would be easier if the site ever loaded. You used to be able to catch it working occasionally, now it's like trying to nab a yeti.

This one though:

http://samtheblackknight.smackjeeves.com/

My eyes. I also need the brain bleach. This is even taking into account that I've seen actual dead people (no not like that kid from the Sixth Sense either).

Anyone want this one or should I throw it on my to do pile?

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#120 [url]

Oct 23 15 9:36 PM

I would like to do I Dream of Jeanie Bottle (http://jeaniebottle.com/) on the grounds that you've terminally torpedoed your story when it's clear that the central character is a totally irredeemable jackass who burns away any sympathy for their situation by inflicting the same situation on a lot of other people just for their own sadistic amusement. Except for when it's done to someone in a distracted offhanded manner for no offense whatsoever which they then completely forget about reversing which is somehow even worse. Makes sense they behave like that though because they're an ass.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help