Remove this ad

Shan

Living Spambot

#141 [url]

Apr 1 16 5:00 PM

Long Tom wrote:

Shan wrote:
I'm ready to get back on the horse after almost snapping my mind with my last effort. Requesting clearance to go ahead with a review of The Melvin Chronicles (they took the most dull subplot in the extremely morally suspect I Dream of a Jeannie Bottle and turned it into an extremely dull webcomic) and Sailor Sun, which seems to be some sort of central meta-nexus for IDOAJB, TMC, The Wotch/The Wotch Cheer and I'm fairly sure many of our favourites from 910cmx. Not quite so bad as at least it's in on the joke where genderbending is used as a plot device but it still has some very questionable ideas IMO.

Sure, why not?  But in your case, avoid webcomics that you hate too much.

It wasn't the webcomic so much as the real world intrusion that made me see critically red. I already said I was going to stick to fiction because it's not real. That should fix that problem. It does mean I'll have to read them again plus all the new stuff but as we know, we're all sacrificing for the greater good.

Usual drill, I'll create a thread in the Most Wanted forum for each one when I have enough of a first draft for each.

Thank you for the approval to go ahead.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#142 [url]

Aug 1 16 4:18 PM

Okay, I'm sorry that I haven't read previous comments on this thread, but I just came across a comic that HAS to be addressed! https://tapastic.com/series/The-Lunar-Eclipse-Act-I

From what I've read, which is very little, it appears to be a comic made by a Brony that has no idea how to make 3D models look good, and, for some reason, made the cast of MLP have human dopplegangers for no explicable reason. This needs a review.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#143 [url]

Aug 1 16 4:30 PM

SpazzticBunnyhood wrote:
Okay, I'm sorry that I haven't read previous comments on this thread, but I just came across a comic that HAS to be addressed! https://tapastic.com/series/The-Lunar-Eclipse-Act-I

From what I've read, which is very little, it appears to be a comic made by a Brony that has no idea how to make 3D models look good, and, for some reason, made the cast of MLP have human dopplegangers for no explicable reason. This needs a review.

Have you perhaps thought of doing it yourself?*

Your previous work here has been very, very good.

*That's what you're getting at, isn't it? I guess wait for approval and if forthcoming (or if more information requested, provide that first), go ahead.

Quote    Reply   

#144 [url]

Aug 1 16 7:59 PM

Shan wrote:

SpazzticBunnyhood wrote:

Have you perhaps thought of doing it yourself?*

Your previous work here has been very, very good.

*That's what you're getting at, isn't it? I guess wait for approval and if forthcoming (or if more information requested, provide that first), go ahead.

Actually, I'm not sure if I'm qualified to handle this type of comic. I'm not much of a MLP fan (with only basic knowledge of Season 1) and my general reaction to just reading the first part of this comic was frequently screaming "what?!" at my computer. XD I'm sorry, but this deserves to be ripped apart by a veteran. I am not worthy of this goldmine.

Although, my friend (the one who found the first 222 pages of Mobius Adventure Comic) has pointed out a Spyro comic that has gained particular infamy for her and her sister. http://shalonesk.deviantart.com/gallery/11400696/Spyro-Comics-and-Art It'd be fun if we were given permission to rip this one apart together. :P

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#147 [url]

Oct 9 16 6:27 AM

There seem to be a lot of all but complete reviews lurking about which really should be finished off and listed sooner rather than later.

By the Book and Grrl Power are the ones I know of but I suspect there's more. We all probably should get on that by November at the latest.

For what it's worth, my most recent effort is about as done as it's ever going to be (with the door being open for the possibility of minor tweaks).

http://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Patreon:_A_Bad_Webcomics_Wiki_Primer

Where it goes (and whether it qualifies for main page listing not being a webcomic) is up to management.

Quote    Reply   

izzus

Heavy User

#148 [url]

Oct 13 16 11:42 AM

izzus wrote:
Hey I think I'm gonna be reviewing The Way to Your Heart next. Be sure to expect it in about a year like my last review.

Hey remember me saying this shit like a year and a half ago?
Yeah it's not happening.

Two reasons:
Author's redoing the entire comic.
and
Computer crashed. Then my backup crashed. Have been too lazy to recover the data or re-install the OS so far.

So the review is up for grabs again.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

sera234

Casual User

#149 [url]

Oct 21 16 5:34 PM

MakarovJAC wrote:
Comics currently being considered for reviewing. This list will err on the side of review it now bitch. Check out any that catch your interest, we need reviewers. When you finish a review, please post in this thread to notify the general populace, or link it off of the site index yourself.Initial listing courtesy of DrShaym. 
LAST UPDATED: 09/21/2013
  • The FAN
  • Bridges
  • Farewell Feeling
  • Evon
  • Moon Daughters
  • The Little Merman
  • Olympic Dames
  • Leetstreet Boys
  • Drips-n'-Dreggs
  • The way to your heart - REWARD: A customized avatar for whoever reviews this shit!
  • Ginger's Bread
  • Jam and the Solutions
  • B.I.T.C.H. Squad
  • Drinking Peaches
  • Get your War On
  • Girl Genius
  • Comics in Diguise
  • Last Res0rt
  • Anhedonia Blue
  • Anthema
  • Elle and the Others
  • The Office Bitch - asocialnobody and Oddguy are writting the review
  • Zombie Bitch Night - Comic's short and dead since forever, if you can bundle it with the other comics the author claims having done, go for it.
  • Applebuck
  • Hookie Dookie Panic
  • Blech Dimension Comics
  • Redd
  • Angel Warrior

If you want to help, just ask OddGuy or me.

You could've done that whole time, But instead the groups were bitching about how Lackadaisy is bad and wonder if Ava's Demon should be on the BWW review site.

Quote    Reply   

Nomstuff

Regular User

#152 [url]

Jun 11 17 1:08 PM

Could someone delete the Comics in Disguise page, please? PC crashed and wiped what little I had for it and I have even less motivation to slag through that broing crap now, than I did before. 

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#153 [url]

Jun 11 17 9:05 PM

Nomstuff wrote:
Could someone delete the Comics in Disguise page, please? PC crashed and wiped what little I had for it and I have even less motivation to slag through that broing crap now, than I did before. 

Maybe someone else can finish/salvage it? I always like to look at deleting reviews as the option of last resort.

Quote    Reply   

Nomstuff

Regular User

#154 [url]

Jun 12 17 12:23 AM

Shan wrote:

Nomstuff wrote:

Maybe someone else can finish/salvage it? I always like to look at deleting reviews as the option of last resort.

I'f you'd like to take a crack at it http://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Comics_In_Disguise, but I didn;t get a whole lot done, just a frame for it. 

Quote    Reply   

#155 [url]

Jun 13 17 5:35 PM

MakarovJAC wrote:
  • The FAN
  • Bridges
  • Farewell Feeling
  • Evon
  • Moon Daughters
  • The Little Merman
  • Olympic Dames
  • Leetstreet Boys
  • Drips-n'-Dreggs
  • The way to your heart - REWARD: A customized avatar for whoever reviews this shit!
  • Ginger's Bread
  • Jam and the Solutions
  • B.I.T.C.H. Squad
  • Drinking Peaches
  • Get your War On
  • Girl Genius
  • Comics in Diguise
  • Last Res0rt
  • Anhedonia Blue
  • Anthema
  • Elle and the Others
  • The Office Bitch - asocialnobody and Oddguy are writting the review
  • Zombie Bitch Night - Comic's short and dead since forever, if you can bundle it with the other comics the author claims having done, go for it.
  • Applebuck
  • Hookie Dookie Panic
  • Blech Dimension Comics
  • Redd
  • Angel Warrior

I'm calling dibs on these two until I say otherwise or mysteriously dissapear. I've started taking notes on Girl Genius, but the review won't be written for a while because I plan on reading the whole thing. I will start TWTYH after GG is published.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help