Remove this ad

plarblman

Living Spambot

#21 [url]

Nov 17 15 1:41 PM

Wait you emailed him about the Chuck Goodrich astronaut thing?

I wouldn't be surprised if he worked that into the story somehow, given that 1. there's a Chuck Goodrich in every universe, and 2. Our universe is the sucky universe that King Radical is trying to exile people into.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Shan

Living Spambot

#22 [url]

Nov 17 15 2:32 PM

I emailed him primarily to say how much I liked the webcomic but also because I had to ask. I was already starting to suspect it was a massive co-incidence given that astronaut Chuck Goodrich appeared at least in 2007 and not astronaut Chuck Goodrich joined NASA in 2008. Plus I figured he had some interesting things to say plus I have a friend who was part of the Something Awful forums around the time the idea for Dr McNinja might first have sprung into existence (the name started as his forum handle I think).

I could imagine our Chuck Goodrich in the context of Dr McNinja having a scene where he wistfully looks up at the stars for a moment before going back to designing whatever he was designing. It could work, whatever he does, the real life Chuck Goodrich doesn't actually look that dissimilar to his astronaut counterparts (though obviously you'd draw him like all the other Chuck Goodrichs). Might be some legal issues though it he's too much like the real one in the comic book though ... I hope he has another crack at that interview.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#23 [url]

Dec 27 16 8:19 AM

Christopher Hastings put up an announcement saying the very end of The Adventures of Dr McNinja will be sometime in January. So, not long now (the end of The End is nigh.) I've been saving up all the pages of The End Part 2 until it's over before I start reading it.

Goodbye and good luck to the good doctor.

The Adventures of Dr McNinja (2004-2017)

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#24 [url]

Dec 28 16 6:19 AM

Damn, didn't realize he's been at it for thirteen years. I only discovered McNinja around five years ago. Either way, it's probably for the best that the series has a definitive conclusion. Nothing's worse than a series outstaying its welcome and trying to artificially prolong itself.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#26 [url]

Jan 3 17 12:55 AM

webkilla wrote:
Well the current has been pretty crazy - there wouldn't have been many other places it could go after this

Please no-one spoil anything (so well done here), I haven't read a single page of The End Part 2, I am saving it for the very end of The End Part 2 (just the few words of a description of each new page in my email from my Patreon have been ominous enough, like "Boom, dead." and "Bye, buddy" - sounds like quite the bodycount racking up, I guess ...)

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#27 [url]

Jan 19 17 7:30 PM

THE LAST DAY DAWNS

Well, this is it, everyone. The last ever page of The Adventures of Dr McNinja just went up. I've been quite studiously saving every page of the The End part 2 for this moment to read the very end of the best webcomic ever. A webcomic so good, it rebuilt reality. So I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next few hours then. Goodbye and Good Luck to the good doctor. The Adventures of Dr McNinja (2004-2017)

A link that both takes you to the best place to start and doesn't give away anything about the ending or anything else. http://www.drmcninja.com/issues/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#29 [url]

Jan 20 17 3:45 PM

I admit I was faked out by the last one.

Really, this was a fitting wrap up of the whole comic. The only possible remaining loose end is that midget doctor who knows what Dr. McNinja looks like, but we have no reason to assume he has any personal vendetta.

Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Quote    Reply   

fliptw

Casual User

#30 [url]

Jan 20 17 5:23 PM

SmashLampjaw wrote:
I admit I was faked out by the last one.

Really, this was a fitting wrap up of the whole comic. The only possible remaining loose end is that midget doctor who knows what Dr. McNinja looks like, but we have no reason to assume he has any personal vendetta.

Judy probably put together a hit list. Still nice re-reading it from the beginning and picking up all the foreshadowing

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#31 [url]

Feb 14 17 3:00 PM

Well, I've had time to take it all in and I have to say, the ending felt ... right. That all seemed like an appropriate way to bring that time of his life to a close. Going back to the point raised early in this thread, Space Savers set up everything to follow brilliantly.

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#34 [url]

Apr 18 17 2:30 PM

Probably for the best, the final issue leaves no loose threads on any plotline.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help