Remove this ad

avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,962

Lead

Feb 9 16 4:27 PM

Tags : :

Please post all requests to get a review reviewed and added to the main index here. Oddguy or another admin will get around to it.
.
Shan wrote:
We have a new review (not done by me) on "Decimated Eden" which should be added, especially since it's been a while since we got a new one.

Last Edited By: SmashLampjaw Feb 9 16 8:37 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad
avatar

Shan

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,964

#1 [url]

Feb 9 16 4:41 PM

Would it be better to title this thread "Requests to Update "New Reviews" section on home page/main page" instead as we can all update the Reviews Index page which this thread might get mixed up with?

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Shan

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,964

#3 [url]

Feb 9 16 9:56 PM

Thank you very much for that. One other thing I've been wondering about, isn't IMew actually iMew (that's what I get when I google it)? If someone sees it as iMew, they'll presumably immediately think "oh it's a (really bad) gag on iPhone, iPod and the like". Might make them (at least slightly) more likely to click on the review (also presumably to see how bad it is). I was thinking on the next update, maybe change IMew to iMew as well if it's not too much trouble?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 10 16 10:29 AM

Yes, that's true. Also, the last four reviews (The Office Bitch, Zoophobia, Last Blood and Exterminatus Now) should be removed from the main page, since the "Newest Reviews" section is supposed to have the latest 10.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

izzus

Heavy User

Posts: 294

#5 [url]

Feb 10 16 6:11 PM

FernandoLemon wrote:
Yes, that's true. Also, the last four reviews (The Office Bitch, Zoophobia, Last Blood and Exterminatus Now) should be removed from the main page, since the "Newest Reviews" section is supposed to have the latest 10.

Done
Shan wrote:
Thank you very much for that. One other thing I've been wondering about, isn't IMew actually iMew (that's what I get when I google it)? If someone sees it as iMew, they'll presumably immediately think "oh it's a (really bad) gag on iPhone, iPod and the like". Might make them (at least slightly) more likely to click on the review (also presumably to see how bad it is). I was thinking on the next update, maybe change IMew to iMew as well if it's not too much trouble?

Can't do that, just fucked around with the wiki and nothing I can think of works.

Last Edited By: izzus Feb 10 16 6:18 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Shan

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,964

#6 [url]

Feb 10 16 11:15 PM

If it's a technical thing stopping that, no big deal. Just thought it was worth a mention.

Thanks for the thread. I knew there used to be somewhere else we could post to request additions to the Newest Reviews section but for the life of me I couldn't remember where it was. Also, what little I do remember of whatever it was, was that it was part of a larger thread for something else. It's good to have a dedicated thread for this; makes it a lot easier for these requests to be noticed when we get a new review.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

izzus

Heavy User

Posts: 294

#8 [url]

Feb 11 16 11:56 AM

Shan wrote:
If it's a technical thing stopping that, no big deal. Just thought it was worth a mention.

Yeah whoever named it fucked up.
Tried moving the article, deleting the original, and then moving it back to a new one with the lowercase "i" but it just reset back to a capital "i".
I'm too lazy to try anything else so if anyone has a better idea it's on them.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Shan

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,964

#9 [url]

Feb 11 16 1:24 PM

izzus wrote:

Shan wrote:
If it's a technical thing stopping that, no big deal. Just thought it was worth a mention.

Yeah whoever named it fucked up.
Tried moving the article, deleting the original, and then moving it back to a new one with the lowercase "i" but it just reset back to a capital "i".
I'm too lazy to try anything else so if anyone has a better idea it's on them.

These things happen. Do you think this also happened to the original namer as well though, that the title defaulted to upper case for them too? On the subject of potential future candidates for the BWW (because you know some joker's going to try it no matter how good/bad it is), how's your contribution to The Badwebcomics Wiki: The Webcomic coming along?

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 11 16 7:09 PM

Some MediaWiki wikis don't allow page titles to start with lowercase letters.

Wikipedia gets around that by changing the displayed title on the page that has that problem, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod. The title still starts with a capital letter but appears lowercase.

I'm not sure if BWW has that capability but it can still be linked

[[iMew]]
on the Main Page.

 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

izzus

Heavy User

Posts: 294

#11 [url]

Feb 12 16 8:52 AM

Shan wrote:
These things happen. Do you think this also happened to the original namer as well though, that the title defaulted to upper case for them too? On the subject of potential future candidates for the BWW (because you know some joker's going to try it no matter how good/bad it is), how's your contribution to The Badwebcomics Wiki: The Webcomic coming along?

Man I dunno what you guys want out of it.
Everyone wanted to take it in a different direction and then you said we're all agreed on where it's going to go.
A few seemed to like the second script I wrote though. I could re-draft it I guess. Kinda clean it up and pace it better, maybe add another page.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Shan

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,964

#12 [url]

Feb 12 16 11:35 AM

Totally your call. Pick something and run with it and put what you come with in the thread. If no-one objects to it after a decent interval, that's what we're running with I guess. That second script you wrote seemed to more or less get a consensus from everyone who saw and commented on it.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Shan

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,964

#14 [url]

Feb 12 16 4:27 PM

I always had the sneaking suspicion that displaying iMew as iMew and not IMew probably wasn't as straightforward as I thought it should be. Well, it was worth mentioning anyway.

izzus, I'll leave your part in your hands to take care of. My section is quietly moving along nicely and is designed to run separately from the rest of it, so provided I manage that part properly, we'll have at least one page a month for the year of 2017 as we follow the grunts at the lowest point of the totem pole, visiting other webcomic universes, writing reports and occasionally setting off world destroying nuclear explosives. I'll move future discussion back to the specific thread for it from here.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help