Tags : :
For anyone unfamiliar with the situation, here's the short version:
1) A crazy idiot wrote a comic where identity is repeatedly portrayed as more important than safety and more deterministic of biology than biology.
2) This crazy idiot happens to be transgender, which is the current hot victim group to mindlessly defend. Naturally people with poor self-esteem have shown up on various sites to white knight this crazy idiot.
3) The comic is not a Poe; she sells print versions as children's education, because in addition to being crazy she's also a recruiter.
4) I pointed out a bunch of her claims were factually idiotic (e.g. a woman being pregnant is unusual if she identifies as male). I did not attack the concept of identifying as another gender or the people who do it as a group.
5) The nuance that you can attack an author's bad arguments without automatically attacking the entire community the author belongs to was lost on the rocket scientists complaining about the article.
6) I rounded up every trans person I could find into "work camps" to support my war efforts to conquer Europa.
In any case, admins can still edit the article. If the people complaining ever manage to figure out that Challenges to Existing Reviews is where they should be making challenges to existing reviews, we can discuss making edits there.