Remove this ad

avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,944

Lead

Feb 25 16 12:06 AM

Tags : :

After the most recent comment on the Assigned Male talk page I've decided to lock the article. This marks the second person to pretend anything factual or just not extreme left-wing is "conservative shit" -- sorry, I meant "neologisms and the reactionary rhetoric." I have no intention of endlessly restoring previous versions of the article when these jackasses finally figure out that baselessly implying impartiality isn't intimidating.

For anyone unfamiliar with the situation, here's the short version:
1) A crazy idiot wrote a comic where identity is repeatedly portrayed as more important than safety and more deterministic of biology than biology.
2) This crazy idiot happens to be transgender, which is the current hot victim group to mindlessly defend. Naturally people with poor self-esteem have shown up on various sites to white knight this crazy idiot.
3) The comic is not a Poe; she sells print versions as children's education, because in addition to being crazy she's also a recruiter.
4) I pointed out a bunch of her claims were factually idiotic (e.g. a woman being pregnant is unusual if she identifies as male). I did not attack the concept of identifying as another gender or the people who do it as a group.
5) The nuance that you can attack an author's bad arguments without automatically attacking the entire community the author belongs to was lost on the rocket scientists complaining about the article.
6) I rounded up every trans person I could find into "work camps" to support my war efforts to conquer Europa.

In any case, admins can still edit the article. If the people complaining ever manage to figure out that Challenges to Existing Reviews is where they should be making challenges to existing reviews, we can discuss making edits there.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 26 16 10:22 AM

Not really surprising.

_____________________________________________________________________

People have a common defense mechanism they employ to defend themselves from the threat of contrary viewpoints. This shield they wield is the act of dismissing such contrary viewpoints by arbitrarily undermining their validity.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Sindy

Living Spambot

Posts: 833

#4 [url]

Aug 7 16 10:05 AM

ISIS should take terrorism tips from this chick.
​Bombing or gunning down civilians can't possibly measure up to the clever tactic of posting in a wiki page every three months.



*whispers* you're never safe, Smash.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,944

#5 [url]

Aug 7 16 10:19 AM

Indeed. She is an incredibly smart "troll" who reused the same username for her personal tumblr as she did for harassing someone as part of her "master plan". It definitely couldn't be that she tried to get her way then retroactively decided the whole thing was meant to annoy a horrible person with endless requests.

No. Certainly not. :|

You're horrible people for even thinking that.

It would also be a feat for her to more completely fill the stereotype of a lonely, entitled, Stephen Universe obsessed tumblr drama queen with nothing better to do than complain on the internet if she tried.
.

Sindy wrote:
*whispers* you're never safe, Smash.
::cowers in transphobia::

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 10 16 12:28 PM

So she's an ace lesbian? How does that work?

_____________________________________________________________________

People have a common defense mechanism they employ to defend themselves from the threat of contrary viewpoints. This shield they wield is the act of dismissing such contrary viewpoints by arbitrarily undermining their validity.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,944

#9 [url]

Aug 11 16 12:55 PM

I hope you all appreciate the "terrorism" I've been subjected to. I'll never feel safe again because every few months someone may disagree with me at any moment. :'(
.

fallinq wrote:
Horerczy wrote:
So she's an ace lesbian? How does that work?
image
I couldn't see the YouTube you linked to because of some Yuku malfunction, so I am direct linking it here via tinyurl. I love that video.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,944

#10 [url]

Aug 16 16 8:28 PM

It's gotten ridiculous to the point I've had to section off the Talk page to separate the feels-driven bullshit from the actual requests for changes. the latest crybaby is going out of her way to prove me right for locking changes. It's a bit like looking at a train wreck at the moment.

I have to say, though, that I am frequently amazed that every pseudo-intellectual rushes to the same tiny handful of tactics like they were the first (and only) person to think of them.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Aug 30 16 11:23 PM

http://nuggetemily.tumblr.com/post/149004299714/yangonin-nuggetemily-theres-this-one-really

The lack of self awareness is rather ... Staggering.

_____________________________________________________________________

People have a common defense mechanism they employ to defend themselves from the threat of contrary viewpoints. This shield they wield is the act of dismissing such contrary viewpoints by arbitrarily undermining their validity.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Sep 1 16 6:02 AM

oh damn - those SJWs are seriously persistent

Good call on the lockdown though. Makes sense, and the review is fine as is


tried rebloging that link horer posted - I'm apparently already blocked. 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,944

#13 [url]

Sep 1 16 3:05 PM

Horerczy wrote:
http://nuggetemily.tumblr.com/post/149004299714/yangonin-nuggetemily-theres-this-one-really

The lack of self awareness is rather ... Staggering.
Quite true. When I read her original post about me, all I saw was projection projection projection. Now her recap is more of the same. Why is it these braindead tumblr types assume everyone shares their crippling need to be reassured by strangers that they are good? I don't need the approval of the current social justice sacred cow --or pretty much anyone else-- in order to make it through another day, and to be frank she strikes me as the kind of person who'd have been a furry crying about fursecution if this was 2006. She's exactly the kind of person that even the shittiest recruiter can manipulate because she has such poor self-esteem.
.
webkilla wrote:
oh damn - those SJWs are seriously persistent

Good call on the lockdown though. Makes sense, and the review is fine as is
They do hate those differing opinions.
.
webkilla wrote:
tried rebloging that link horer posted - I'm apparently already blocked.
I'll requote it here.


nuggetemily wrote:
yangonin wrote:
nuggetemily wrote:
there’s this one really stupid wiki with this one particularly stupid article and it was written by a particularly stupid cishit

so what i’ve been doing basically all year is that i’ll put a criticism on the talk page, and the author of the article will come up with some stupid bullshit as to why he’s right, and then i’ll say something else, and again, he’ll almost immediately reply because he’s obsessive about insisting that his garbage critique is jewel-encrusted gold

so what i’ve been doing is i’ve been waiting several months between replies

so he thinks he’s gotten the last word in, but then, months later, he realizes

he’s never safe

i’ve dealt with his kind before. the knowledge that one ignoramus is going uncorrected, not such a bother. but obviously it bothers him because he always replies within the day. you can tell by the timestamps.

i do love torturing transphobes and i’m so glad this one guy in particular is making it oh-so-easy for me
(i know what wiki OP is talking about and i’ve seen this shit myself.)

honestly, it kind of pisses me off that these people pretend to be some sort of pro-logic voice of reason. they can argue all they want that it’s “free speech” but they gotta admit, a biased article with erroneous claims is a shitty article no matter who it comes from and what it’s about. if anything, they use feels-based logic more so than those who had issue with the page. it’s evident from the circlejerking going on in that talk page to affirm each other’s beliefs.

honestly, i’d be willing to inform them on why some of the terms they’re using are outdated and garbage and i’d be willing to provide sources that aren’t outdated that go against the claims made on the page but they’d probably just be like “what’s this SJW bullshit” or completely miss the point and form strawman arguments. i don’t have time for people who are more interested in talking over minorities that disagree with them than listening to them.

my fav: “I get that you probably think you’re terribly well-informed, based on how much nonsense you’ve committed to memory or invented off the top of your head, but that hardly qualifies you as a recognized authority here.”

like, just assume anyone who disagrees with you believes only nonsense. LOL i’d like to say that to the person who made that statement because boy oh boy does it apply to them.

sigh
honestly, the extent to which people like this project is staggering. they’re all about their safe spaces, and echo chambers, and not wanting to be triggered by the fact that reality doesn’t fit the sheltered mold they were taught as little babies. they never grew up, and they don’t want to now.
Honestly, I honestly have to say, in all honesty, that watching a pathetic coward brag about trying to bully me by disagreeing until I feel "unsafe", who turned and ran when she met resistance instead of submission, really shouldn't talk about how I need a safe space from her safe space. It honestly seems honestly kind of... dishonest?

Like... she seems honestly like she's being dishonest with herself... and who she honestly is... and honestly, her echo chamber is honestly enabling it. That's not healthy.

Maybe some day she'll figure out the lesson from this and will stop trying to make herself feel better by attacking strangers. There's no such thing as punching up or down. There's only punching.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Sep 2 16 5:29 PM

HAHA That's great. I hate Assigned Male by the way. It paralyzed me the waist down.

so what i’ve been doing is i’ve been waiting several months between replies
so he thinks he’s gotten the last word in, but then, months later, he realizes
he’s never safe

Man, you got her good.

Keep up the good fight! Love the wiki.

Last Edited By: Jackthemaniac Sep 2 16 5:34 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Sep 3 16 12:30 PM

Considering a couple of her recent reblogs were from blogs called nomorecishets (which describes itself as heterophobic) and tiredofcishets it's clear there was never any intention of honest conversation just a minor discourse so she could be a tumblr hero.

_____________________________________________________________________

People have a common defense mechanism they employ to defend themselves from the threat of contrary viewpoints. This shield they wield is the act of dismissing such contrary viewpoints by arbitrarily undermining their validity.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

fallinq

Heavy User

Posts: 292

#17 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:47 PM

I just find it hilarious that this chick is having some one sided feud with you that she's dragging out over months and months, carefully planning out her next move and changing up her strategy, and then she claims. "I really don't care though lol, HE'S the one who's bothered."

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Beardfist

Regular User

Posts: 163

#18 [url]

Sep 5 16 7:44 AM

I oftentimes wonder if people are so petty enough as to undergo a sexual transition purely to be able to say "Well, no, you have to listen to me because I'm special."

Of course, given that they are petty enough to prod every three months on the reg at a website's talk page, I know the answer already.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Mewsical

Casual User

Posts: 43

#19 [url]

Sep 5 16 9:08 AM

Beardfist wrote:
I oftentimes wonder if people are so petty enough as to undergo a sexual transition purely to be able to say "Well, no, you have to listen to me because I'm special."

Of course, given that they are petty enough to prod every three months on the reg at a website's talk page, I know the answer already.
 

I often question the validity of such claims sometimes.  I once came across one person on Tumblr that claimed to be born female but identified as male and was a MTF transexual.  That doesn't make you trans, that just makes you look dumb.

This person already claims to be both asexual and a lesbian, which makes little sense.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're just adding other labels to increase power of their snowflakeness.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Crazy J

Regular User

Posts: 121

#20 [url]

Sep 6 16 4:59 PM

God sent marauding armies against the Israelites for doing less stupid shit.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help