Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 8 16 10:58 PM

Mewsical wrote:

Beardfist wrote:
I oftentimes wonder if people are so petty enough as to undergo a sexual transition purely to be able to say "Well, no, you have to listen to me because I'm special."

Of course, given that they are petty enough to prod every three months on the reg at a website's talk page, I know the answer already.

I often question the validity of such claims sometimes.  I once came across one person on Tumblr that claimed to be born female but identified as male and was a MTF transexual.  That doesn't make you trans, that just makes you look dumb.

This person already claims to be both asexual and a lesbian, which makes little sense.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're just adding other labels to increase power of their snowflakeness.

that's the oppression olympics for you: the more labels they can heap onto themselves, the better. The more labels, even if they become quite meaningless to the point of absurdity, the more they can claim to be a victim of damn near anything

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

rhekyono

Casual User

#25 [url]

Sep 26 16 1:34 AM

I was operating under the assumption of "Bad Webcomic Plagues" more than this specific webcomic. You know, followed by twelve days and nights of clunky exposition from everyone you encounter, and gradient backgrounds throughout one's peripheral vision.

Quote    Reply   

EssTiiEphYu

Regular User

#26 [url]

May 30 17 6:18 PM

rhekyono wrote:
Relax, Smash. I'm sure it will rain horny wolf-centaurs on you next.

XD!!!!!! Horny Wolf-Centaurs.

Oh, croist. I also looked at her Dumblr, and the bint used 'cishit'. That's not a real word. And because she's a 90's babby, I seriously am really starting to wish no babbies were born Jan 1st 1990 to Dec 31st 1999.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#27 [url]

May 30 17 10:01 PM

EssTiiEphYu wrote:
rhekyono wrote:
Relax, Smash. I'm sure it will rain horny wolf-centaurs on you next.
XD!!!!!! Horny Wolf-Centaurs.

Oh, croist. I also looked at her Dumblr, and the bint used 'cishit'. That's not a real word. And because she's a 90's babby, I seriously am really starting to wish no babbies were born Jan 1st 1990 to Dec 31st 1999.[/left]
Most of the social justice / victim group identity people are idiots. They make up words and misuse existing words all the time, like angry children who don't know the proper words to express themselves who just try to repurpose sounds they already know as a substitute.

Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

May 30 17 11:26 PM

Indeed

her, could this be added to the review somehow: http://68.media.tumblr.com/77ea17714c602607ce2d0751b4b082eb/tumblr_oqcxn4OoGk1tm163xo1_1280.jpg - its from the comic, one of the latest updates

its almost as if the fucktard making it admits that he-she only wants to cater to people who already agree with her views - it also reflects on the cartoonist's view on criticism

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#30 [url]

May 31 17 7:47 AM

webkilla wrote:
Indeed

her, could this be added to the review somehow: http://68.media.tumblr.com/77ea17714c602607ce2d0751b4b082eb/tumblr_oqcxn4OoGk1tm163xo1_1280.jpg - its from the comic, one of the latest updates

its almost as if the fucktard making it admits that he-she only wants to cater to people who already agree with her views - it also reflects on the cartoonist's view on criticism
Hm. Well it's definitely stupid. I mean when you bill your comic as educational you're saying it's directed at everyone, so it's more than a little disingenuous to turn around and claim it was meant to cater to rabid transtrenders.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Jun 1 17 3:39 AM

I think it would work great if combined with the note in the review that even legit trans people are critical of the comic. It perfectly illustrates the bubble that the cartoonist puts itself in

...and ya, I'm not exactly incline to call whoever does the comic he or she - hell, considering how stupid the person is, then I'm not sure its fair to call it a human being to begin with. A motile pile of shit perchance?

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#33 [url]

Jun 4 17 9:52 PM

SmashLampjaw wrote:
I'm pretty tempted to just use that as the author response.

That strip is a false argument along the lines of "you're disqualified to talk about war because you were never in the military", which even combat veterans laugh at.  You don't have to be transgender to talk about a transgender webcomic, any more than not owning a pet cat disqualifies you from talking about "Garfield".

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#35 [url]

Jun 5 17 11:32 AM

I've added it to the Angry Reactions page. Thanks for finding it, webkilla.

So I've been thinking. With the latest entitled snowflake to show up in the talk page, I'm really second-guessing the Foreword. It was intended to stave off people just showing up and dismissing the review out of hand but I am beginning to think it encourages people to demand we cater to their whims. Like they're seeing it as a sign of weakness.

Thoughts?

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#36 [url]

Jun 5 17 2:48 PM

The two reviews of mine that got deleted were those of webcomics that the authors deleted themselves.  Dume's review was deleted when that author deleted his webcomic as a youthful folly, and Demon Battles's review was deleted whan the author herself got the idea that yes, her webcomic really did suck and she erased her original and started a new, much improved version.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Jun 5 17 6:11 PM

Long Tom wrote:
The two reviews of mine that got deleted were those of webcomics that the authors deleted themselves.  Dume's review was deleted when that author deleted his webcomic as a youthful folly, and Demon Battles's review was deleted whan the author herself got the idea that yes, her webcomic really did suck and she erased her original and started a new, much improved version.

But he's not gonna delete the review tho. Just the "Foreword" section.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Jun 6 17 8:10 AM

I just got a look at that..beautiful tirade in the talk section. Its funny to watch somebody fall out of the tumblr bubble and think that everybody can be guilted into doing what that person wants. Then the buzzwords and the constant waving of the oppression card in the form of "me transgender! me words mean more cuz vague societal structures only other tumblr think real!" and for it to all fall flat when arguments like that run into people who aren't bound to that shit.

It kinda makes me think of a dude whom shows up to a renaissance fair with a katana and getting his glorious nippon steel, folded a 1000 times over, broken by a dude shield bashing him for some reason.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#40 [url]

Jun 7 17 4:17 PM

I was just informed "facts and feelings must work together to create reason. without feelings, facts are useless in a debate." I really wonder at the education system that churns out people with this quality of logic.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help