Remove this ad

Sindy

Living Spambot

#21 [url]

Mar 4 16 3:56 PM

Yes, with this pace and type of comic that's designed as a long form story, it would've been better to start with more pages, I agree, and couple others mentioned it already. But that ship has long sailed.

Still, I stand by my point. A LOT of comics/webcomics/series/novels/everything start off weak and get better. So I at least don't judge something by its start anymore. Maybe it's counterproductive to my time to be willing to invest more than 5 mins before hating or liking something, but still. And I guess I no longer have patience for random complaints like this either after seeing how usually they come from entitled consumers (eg: a series I follow debuted with 2 mil viewers and dropped to 500k for the 2nd episode because people decided they didn't know everything there is to know about the characters and setting in the first 40min so they hate it because of that). Frustrating that you have to wait a week for the next bit of info? Sure. But that's the format. If Goat has the same issue 30-40 pages down the line, then by all means, we can crowdfund a hitman for her teasing us for ages and breaking our hearts.

And to end, as much as everyone throws around writing criticism on the internet on how every page of a novel/comic should work as a standalone and end on a cliffhanger and lead to a better page with better cliffhanger, nobody has yet to ever pull it off. Not the guys coming up with that protip, not the people quoting it, and no third parties either. If people with 40-50 years of storytelling experience can't, it's quite unfair to expect a random person in their 20s or 30s with zero industry experience to do it. In my opinion.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#23 [url]

Mar 4 16 6:17 PM

Goat wrote:
(the forum) wrote:
Goat wrote:
Have a little taste... it won't hurt... just a taste. The first hit is free...
I have the shakes so bad... I'm hurting... when can I have some more..?!
Ha. Hahaha... BEG FOR YOUR NEXT DOSE!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
^--- pretty much what happened.

I'm fine with the pacing myself. The comic's started with what looks like a long, leisurely ride. Likewise, we're easing into the story. I think it fits... but we should probably let Goat put out a few more pages first.

EDIT: Also, I've decided those llamas pulling the carriage are slaves rather than non-anthropromorphic animals.

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#24 [url]

Mar 4 16 6:44 PM

Those are kangaroos, not llamas. Get your mammals straight. Anyways, that's something I never understood in stories featuring anthro characters. How do you justify the existance of anthros and animals side by side? This enigma is as old as Goofy and Pluto.

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#27 [url]

Mar 4 16 8:25 PM

Nomstuff wrote:

plarblman wrote:
Those are kangaroos, not llamas. Get your mammals straight

Those are marsupials! 

Marsupials are a class of mammals.

Quote    Reply   

Nomstuff

Regular User

#28 [url]

Mar 4 16 8:34 PM

plarblman wrote:

Nomstuff wrote:

plarblman wrote:
Those are kangaroos, not llamas. Get your mammals straight

Those are marsupials! 

Marsupials are a class of mammals.

Shush you, with your facts and stuff. 

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#29 [url]

Mar 4 16 10:31 PM

You're all wrong, those are clearly tauntauns.

​I'm guessing the anthro/non-anthro thing has to do with us being so used to animal-animals that we can't envision a world without them.
​Plus if y'all really wanna get technical, humans are bipedal animals and coexist with inferior quadrupeds so maybe in furryverses the order of things just has humans replaced with x. *shrug*

Quote    Reply   

Goat

Regular User

#30 [url]

Mar 5 16 3:52 AM

Sindy's the closest to correct. but you're all sort of on the right track. Except for Smash. Go home. They're a fictional mammal called a Nyak-nyak; sort of like a large mix between a llama and a kangaroo. While some mammals evolved to greater heights, not all. There are still primitive species that these bipedal, tool-using races have domesticated just as we did. There aren't four-legged and two legged horses or dogs and such co-existing ala Goofy and Pluto, however.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#32 [url]

Mar 5 16 3:13 PM

Goat wrote:
Sindy's the closest to correct. but you're all sort of on the right track. Except for Smash. Go home.
:'(

... but I said those slaves were llamas....

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#33 [url]

Mar 12 16 10:16 AM

GOAT

​We were so dazzled by the art and purpleness that nobody noticed the typo on the intro page.

​It's supposed to be "produced by ITS readership" not "it's readership".

​I am severely disappointed in everyone here for being so easily confused by good art. Myself included.

Quote    Reply   

Goat

Regular User

#34 [url]

Mar 12 16 10:26 AM

Oh god, how did I even ??

I have been revealed as a TALENTLESS HACK

brb fixing

Edit: S'all good now. Thanks, Sindy! Really don't know how I managed that, and how none of my test readers spotted it. Next page on Thursday.

Last Edited By: Goat Mar 12 16 10:34 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#36 [url]

Mar 25 16 11:59 PM

I didn't want to doublepost and continue the circlejerk, but whatever.

In love with your expressions. Especially the eye closeup sequence. Been fapping at that for two weeks now. Guess I might as well come circlejerk here.

Also to not derail Goblins thread, but take all the time in the world with the trade. I wasn't even expecting you to start since a. I told you it'll be a looooong time until I get that far, and b. I slacked and didn't fix Lawrence's color scheme :( I AM AWFUL

Quote    Reply   

Goat

Regular User

#37 [url]

Mar 26 16 1:55 AM

Not sure if the Goblins crew that commented that side will see, but thanks again guys! And a big thank you to Shan and BlueAmaranth for joining the Patronage. With your help, we reached the second goal yesterday!

Haha thanks, Sindy - that means a lot. The eye shot was a first for me and it's good to hear that I pulled it off alright. Before I started Parydissia I was making 95x95 character portraits for a living - it's been quite an adjustment suddenly going from miniature to jumbo (a portrait starts at 400x400, a page starts at 4200x6300). I really needed to stretch my legs after all those minis though! As for the trade, nah, I'm happy to. The dude's gorgeous, okay. And the uniform has been so much fun to detail. I just need to shade it from here, hopefully I get a chance to poke at it soon

And speaking of circlejerking and not circlejerking, while I know you guys don't even need telling, you are totally welcome to leave critique here when you see fit. I'm still learning, just as everyone else. I may have some architectural or perspective trouble later down the line and would appreciate POVs from... well, anyone with two functioning eyes! Depth perception and I are not friends.

I may be a bit quiet around the forums for a bit as I'm still pretty sick and working whenever I can, but I still pop in to read. Next page on April 7th. If not before, I'll see you then <3

Last Edited By: Goat Mar 26 16 1:58 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#38 [url]

Mar 26 16 7:15 AM

Goat wrote:
The dude's gorgeous, okay. And the uniform has been so much fun to detail. I just need to shade it from here, hopefully I get a chance to poke at it soon

He's so gorgeous he broke the space/time continuum and got fangirls few hundred pages before he actually appears. 10/10, Goldilocks.

As to experimenting with the comic, I guess we're all still dazzled by the art being so good that we turn into mindless drones and forget how to critique. But yeah, the eye sequence is really damn good. And so is the general flow/look. I'll try to stop kissing your ass and maybe critique one day.

Maybe.

Nah, I'll just kiss your ass.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#39 [url]

Mar 27 16 12:49 AM

Goat wrote:
Haha thanks, Sindy - that means a lot. The eye shot was a first for me and it's good to hear that I pulled it off alright.
Oh, I'm with Sindy on that for sure. You did more background storytelling with that eye and the dialog that it paralleled than some of the people we reviewed accomplished with a text wall.

Panel 1: Still glazed from the high.
Panel 2: "Your father" triggers an eye-roll; he's sick of hearing about his father and it happens. All. The. TIME.
Panel 3: "won't be joining us this time" - Fury so strong it murdered his buzz and left pieces of buzz's corpse in a shallow grave. Why in the hell doesn't anyone trust me?! I don't need my overbearing old man! I won't live in his shadow! Etc.

Quote    Reply   

Terminus

Casual User

#40 [url]

Mar 28 16 8:43 AM

The art is really pleasant to look at. Got to keep an eye out for this.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help