Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 3 16 5:44 PM

Tags : :

I don't think it was particularly fair to have reviewed My Name is Alice. Is it a bad comic? Oh, absolutely, but this comic doesn't have a store, a patreon, not even a donate button, the author hasn't roused any drama of any sort, and it's not like the comic does anything offensive or is even that popular. All in all, I don't really see any reason why this comic should have been reviewed in the first place.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Nomstuff

Regular User

#1 [url]

Mar 3 16 5:52 PM

thecrazzlejams wrote:
Is it a bad comic? Oh, absolutely

Sounds like it deserves a place then on the BadWebcomicsWiki. 

I'm not sure it matters if the artist if profiting, e-begging, a dick, or popular. 

As far as I know, what's important is "is their work bad?" 

Quote    Reply   

fallinq

Heavy User

#2 [url]

Mar 4 16 8:19 AM

Yeah, profiting and e-drama aren't a requirement. Also, in the Author section I specifically note that the author seems fine as a person, and I avoided personal insults in the review specifically because of this. It's more of a "blunt advice on how to improve" review than an attack review.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#3 [url]

Mar 4 16 5:47 PM

I credited the author of Parasite Galaxy as being very creative and promising, despite producing a comic that will give most people headaches. If s/he ever stops trying to mix magical girls with existential horror and makes a comic solely focused on the latter, it would probably dominate the genre.

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#5 [url]

Mar 6 16 4:17 PM

thecrazzlejams wrote:
Okay, these are good points. I guess as long as no one's a dick about it it's okay.

Since I know typically little or nothing about the various webcomic authors, I refrain from personal attacks unless they attack first, or I happen to know they did something terrible. D. C. Simpson, for instance, is not particularly beloved even by the fans of her work.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help