Remove this ad

avatar

Nomstuff

Regular User

Posts: 151

#21 [url]

Mar 27 16 8:29 PM

Their eyes look like they're constantly trying to escape.

That's the only part I can really focus on in this.


EDIT: http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/11/32-types-anti-feminists/

That hurt my brain. It really did. They can't honestly believe that these are the only ones who oppose them?!

Last Edited By: Nomstuff Mar 27 16 8:40 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

sera234

Casual User

Posts: 51

#24 [url]

Mar 28 16 7:14 AM

Long Tom wrote:
I lost all respect for feminists when they refused to acknowledge then-President Clinton's many sex crimes, including harrassment and rape.

If you say something about a female celebrity's horrible action, everyone on the Internet is gonna be pissed (unless it's Bill Cosby).

Quote    Reply   
avatar

oddguy

Living Spambot

Posts: 631

#26 [url]

Apr 2 16 5:13 AM

oh man that entire site is unintentional comedy and now their making a webcomic? and it's exactly what you'd expect? did xmas come early?

Quote    Reply   
avatar

plarblman

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,167

#28 [url]

May 9 16 8:32 AM

If someone does review it, there's the problem that it's more than ten different writers and artists. IMO it would be better to review the works of individuals on the site, especially if they already have their own webcomic hosted elsewhere.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,101

#29 [url]

May 9 16 9:16 AM

plarblman wrote:
If someone does review it, there's the problem that it's more than ten different writers and artists. IMO it would be better to review the works of individuals on the site, especially if they already have their own webcomic hosted elsewhere.

Not as difficult as it sounds, especially if they say largely the same thing.  There were three different artists for The Lightbringer, and I didn't have much to say about the two who succeded Lovhaug, other than that they sucked less than the original artist.  Same with Mushroom Go.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

plarblman

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,167

#30 [url]

May 19 16 5:44 PM

In case anyone wants to tackle this in the future, you may want to talk about the editorial process. Or rather, the lack thereof. Because somebody looked at this shit and thought, "No, we're completely fine with batshit insane opinions that won't in any way make our website look bad."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,962

#31 [url]

May 20 16 8:09 PM

plarblman wrote:
In case anyone wants to tackle this in the future, you may want to talk about the editorial process. Or rather, the lack thereof. Because somebody looked at this shit and thought, "No, we're completely fine with batshit insane opinions that won't in any way make our website look bad."
I feel stupider for having read that. The mentally retarded lunatic who wrote that clearly has no idea what "rational" means and used it in Generic Leftist Revolution Emotional Appeal #29384902384 as a synonym for so many words he rendered his point incoherent.

Probably the worst thing about this article is the author went out of his way to blunder into saying, "Why yes, Ayn Rand was entirely right about me and all of my ilk. Here's what she said from the other side." I mean it's almost uncanny.

the world's saddest clown wrote:
The truth is, this constant emphasis on rationalism is a load of toxic garbage (and this is me being gentle with my words). It reeks of the rancid odor that develops when we squeeze our vast imaginations into tiny boxes labeled “pragmatic,” “rational,” and “reasonable.” Being rational can often mean being willing to accept some aspects of oppression and watering down my politics.
...
When we restrict ourselves in the name of being rational, we create barriers for ourselves — we place the world we want to live in farther from reach.

Since what’s rational is subjective, it is thus indefinable. The only reason why rationalism is believed to have inherent value is because it echoes the oppressor’s way of thinking.
...
We should be constantly interrogating why being rational has been presumed to hold inherent value, and we should be asking ourselves where we got that idea in the first place. The institutions that taught us what we know should be placed under suspicion.

.
... and whether or not you agree with Ayn Rand, it's damned eerie she wrote the following almost 60 years ago...
.
Ayn Rand wrote:
Let us define our terms. What is reason? Reason is the faculty which perceives, identifies and integrates the material provided by man's senses. Reason integrates man's perceptions by means of forming abstractions or conceptions, thus raising man's knowledge from the perceptual level, which he shares with animals, to the conceptual level, which he alone can reach. The method which reason employs in this process is logic -- and logic is the art of non-contradictory identification. What is mysticism? Mysticism is the acceptance of allegations without evidence or proof, either apart from or against the evidence of one's senses and one's reason. Mysticism is the claim to some non-sensory, non-rational, non-definable, non-identifiable means of knowledge, such as "instinct," "intuition," "revelation,' or any form of "just knowing."

Reason is the perception of reality, and rests on a single axiom: the Law of Identity.

Mysticism is the claim to the perception of some other reality -- other than the one in which we live -- whose definition is only that it is not natural, it is supernatural, and is to be perceived by some form of unnatural or supernatural means.

.
Unfortunately we can't review that article, since it's not a comic. That would have been amazing to see in a comic. Maybe I'll edit it into one, Dril Pencils style.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

plarblman

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,167

#33 [url]

Sep 20 16 11:08 AM

Paranoia comic on Everyday Feminism = zero self awareness

Why is a feminist website talking about furries? Besides, most people (at least on the internet) don't care if you're a furry so long as you keep that shit to yourself and don't annoy everyone with it. Furries eventually learned that lesson, only for the bronies to repeat the process all over again. Also, it's kind of sad that the furry characters look better than the bug-eyed humans.

Also, that comic on NPD tries to "debunk" myths about it by deliberately conflating NPD with narcissism, which is a real phenomenon.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Sep 20 16 11:23 AM

Because there is nothing I'd trust more with my mental health than a propaganda site that hosts poorly draw comics that look like they were colored with the fill bucket.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Nomstuff

Regular User

Posts: 151

#35 [url]

Sep 20 16 11:58 AM

Why is a feminist website talking about furries?

Because intersectional Feminism (the kind the EF shills) seem to think that it must address every issue that ever happened, if it might have once affected a woman.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

fallinq

Heavy User

Posts: 292

#36 [url]

Sep 20 16 12:21 PM

Nomstuff wrote:
Their eyes look like they're constantly trying to escape.

That's the only part I can really focus on in this.


EDIT: http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/11/32-types-anti-feminists/

That hurt my brain. It really did. They can't honestly believe that these are the only ones who oppose them?!

Some of these, like "The Creeper" have absolutely nothing to do with anti-feminism. In fact, some feminists, like that chick who got fired from Nintendo for making softcore porn, have also defended pedophiles. "The Creeper" is just there to associate anti-feminists with pedophiles based on nothing.

I also remember the picture of "The Good Girl" being passed around on some forums with a blurb below pointing out that they're saying that "I don't hate men" is by itself an anti-feminist statement.

They might as well just have put "Hey! Here's a bunch of people I don't like!" since they couldn't stick strictly to actual anti-feminists. Then again, these people probably can't distinguish the difference between "people I don't like" and "anti-feminists".

Quote    Reply   
avatar

plarblman

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,167

#37 [url]

Sep 20 16 1:26 PM

She did a lot more than make softcore porn, she was an escort. Not the best sidejob to have when you're working for PR, at a family-friendly company no less.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Sep 20 16 3:47 PM

Then again, these people probably can't distinguish the difference between "people I don't like" and "anti-feminists".

These people cannot distinguish between "people with different opinions than mine" and "human scum that should be brutally wiped from the face of Earth", even less that.

Also, @plarblman, please enlighten my naive ignorant hyena butt, but what is an "escort"? I'd Google it but I really don't know if I'd be happy with the search results...

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Nomstuff

Regular User

Posts: 151

#39 [url]

Sep 20 16 7:25 PM

Got bored, filtered through the list of authors, and spent two seconds googling the regular ones for a site.

Regulars
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/christined/ - N/A
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/empathizethis/ - http://empathizethis.com/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/annabon/ - http://annabongiovanni.com/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/justinh/ - http://www.justinhubbell.com/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/rheae/ - http://rheaewing.com/index.php/comics/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/barryd/ - http://leftycartoons.com/ http://amptoons.com/othercomics.html
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/ronnier/ - http://www.rritchiearts.com/comics/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/joametteg/ - N/A
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/emmar/ - N/A
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/robot-hugs/ - http://www.robot-hugs.com/

one strip guests
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/gavinat/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/terryb/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/kayancm/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/adrit/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/kylie/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/jens/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/jessicaz/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/happyjar/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/lunam/
http://everydayfeminism.com/author/astiffler/


@Ugly Hyena
an Escort is: 

a person, typically a woman, who may be hired to accompany someone socially. 

Not really anything *too* bad, sometimes linked to prostitution, but the more reputable ones are not. 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

fallinq

Heavy User

Posts: 292

#40 [url]

Sep 20 16 7:27 PM

UglyHyena wrote:

Then again, these people probably can't distinguish the difference between "people I don't like" and "anti-feminists".

These people cannot distinguish between "people with different opinions than mine" and "human scum that should be brutally wiped from the face of Earth", even less that.

Also, @plarblman, please enlighten my naive ignorant hyena butt, but what is an "escort"? I'd Google it but I really don't know if I'd be happy with the search results...

A hooker, basically.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help