Remove this ad

Jerry

Casual User

Lead

Apr 15 16 6:28 PM

Tags : :

If you don't know about Homestuck's current status...

Basically, it just ended. I think it's a perfect time to nominate someone to drag themselves through Homestuck and write a review on the thing. I know there's a thread on this already (Two, actually, one on the old site and one on here that isn't this one) but we should at least mention it since it just finished its reign over the webcomic world. I wonder who's the heir.

Discuss.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Inkmind

Sycophant

#1 [url]

Apr 15 16 6:46 PM

I've never actually read homestuck but Jesus Christ is it everywhere. All over conventions, the internet, deviant art, you can't avoid it. 

I cant believe it ended because I thought it would run forever since it was such a big thing and had this giant fan base. What was it even all about?

Quote    Reply   

Jerry

Casual User

#2 [url]

Apr 15 16 6:51 PM

Inkmind wrote:
I've never actually read homestuck but Jesus Christ is it everywhere. All over conventions, the internet, deviant art, you can't avoid it. 

I cant believe it ended because I thought it would run forever since it was such a big thing and had this giant fan base. What was it even all about?

Well, from what I know from a friend of mine, it's about creating a new world, using a world... frog thing. In a game. Somehow. My friend then went on a frenzy of buckets and tentacles after telling me that, so I wasn't able to get much from her.

Quote    Reply   

Inkmind

Sycophant

#3 [url]

Apr 15 16 6:59 PM

The only thing I got from my friend was something about trolls, how this one named Aquarius ( ?) is a SMOL BBY and something about sexy? This whole thing is confusing as hell. It's finally over thank god. Maybe now people can shut up about how wonderful homestuck is and will stop trying to force me to read it.. 

It seems like one of those comics that just copy pastes the same model with only differences depending on characters. It must be a long and boring comic 

Quote    Reply   

Jerry

Casual User

#5 [url]

Apr 15 16 7:11 PM

Personally, I have theory as to why everyone likes Homestuck so much. (Specifically tweens to early teens) Homestuck, the way the writing and story is, is like that one 14-year-old friend you had at the beginning of highschool/middle of middleschool. It's spastic, loud, sometimes funny, and yells about anime and cringey jokes. When you were young, you thought it was cool, but looking back on it now you wonder of they were on LSD. I have not met a single twenty-three year old who likes Homestuck.
But that's the thing about Homestuck. It has that artstyle that makes all the kids go wild. Since its loud and spastic, the fans will follow it because, well, who doesn't wanna be with the louder, friendlier types in school? But when you actually get to know them, they turn out to be annoying as hell.

That's how I think of Homestuck, anyway.

Quote    Reply   

Jerry

Casual User

#6 [url]

Apr 15 16 7:44 PM

plarblman wrote:
From what I've heard from other people the story is a confusing mess with some poor writing choices mixed in. That might be enough for a review.... provided anyone is willing enough to actually read it in its entirety.

Or we can do some sort of BWW special where multiple people chips in to do the dirty work as a group.

Quote    Reply   

Goat

Regular User

#7 [url]

Apr 16 16 2:30 AM

Great observations in that link, Plarbs. Jerry, I think the ONLY way Homestuck may be able to be tackled is by a whole group - if not only for its immensity, to quell the butthurt that may ensue. One lone reviewer is going to get a lot of 'you just didn't get it' and 'well that's YOUR opinion' type of crap. What's sad is even though I stopped even trying to skim HS years ago, nothing was confusing or new to me in that final animation; so anything that happened since I last read and it ended was inconsequential to the main plot apparently. Things went so according to plan for the group it was disappointing instead of a happy ending. I assume there may be more in the epilogue, but I have a feeling Hussie is just done with this story. Seven years is a hell of a long time. His own tastes have probably matured since then. I hope he still has some passion for this continuity left given the upcoming game with millions in Kickstarter funds invested.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 16 16 5:51 AM

I've tried reading Homestuck, but it was so boring I stopped after a few pages. I've heard it picks up later on, but I don't have the patience to read it and find out where.

Quote    Reply   

Jerry

Casual User

#9 [url]

Apr 16 16 9:55 AM

Goat wrote:
Great observations in that link, Plarbs. Jerry, I think the ONLY way Homestuck may be able to be tackled is by a whole group - if not only for its immensity, to quell the butthurt that may ensue. One lone reviewer is going to get a lot of 'you just didn't get it' and 'well that's YOUR opinion' type of crap. What's sad is even though I stopped even trying to skim HS years ago, nothing was confusing or new to me in that final animation; so anything that happened since I last read and it ended was inconsequential to the main plot apparently. Things went so according to plan for the group it was disappointing instead of a happy ending. I assume there may be more in the epilogue, but I have a feeling Hussie is just done with this story. Seven years is a hell of a long time. His own tastes have probably matured since then. I hope he still has some passion for this continuity left given the upcoming game with millions in Kickstarter funds invested.

Very true. Seriously though, millions of dollars! The fans are all rich brats. Anyway, who's the group that's gonna do it? I believe it best to have our biggest BWW contributors do it like the Avengers or something. Do something really big for reviewing Homestuck.

Quote    Reply   

DP

Casual User

#10 [url]

Apr 17 16 7:13 AM

I feel like reviewing Homestuck isn't really worth it.

Not only is it a gigantic time investment that could probably be spent reviewing smaller comics that have a lot more wrong with them, but the fanbase for it is already so rabid that even if you put a whole group on the comic, they're still going to be collectively slammed for not getting it. One reviewer or twenty, it won't actually matter. Putting more reviewers on a project like that has the chance to make the review more disjointed anyway, if people have particular disagreements on varying points. That might just make the final product even stranger.

Honestly, the only sin that I really see from my angle is that it's just too damn long for me to even begin reading; even if it's chock-full of bullshit, so I suppose I won't be the person reviewing it either way. I still think that it deserves some credit for popularizing the mixing of other forms of media in webcomics, as well as the extensive fan incorporation that it's done.

On that note, however, the fans are probably worse than the actual content of the comic itself; they're part of the reason why I've never been able to read the thing past the first relative handful of "pages."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Jerry

Casual User

#11 [url]

Apr 17 16 1:26 PM

DP wrote:
I feel like reviewing Homestuck isn't really worth it.

Not only is it a gigantic time investment that could probably be spent reviewing smaller comics that have a lot more wrong with them, but the fanbase for it is already so rabid that even if you put a whole group on the comic, they're still going to be collectively slammed for not getting it. One reviewer or twenty, it won't actually matter. Putting more reviewers on a project like that has the chance to make the review more disjointed anyway, if people have particular disagreements on varying points. That might just make the final product even stranger.

Honestly, the only sin that I really see from my angle is that it's just too damn long for me to even begin reading; even if it's chock-full of bullshit, so I suppose I won't be the person reviewing it either way. I still think that it deserves some credit for popularizing the mixing of other forms of media in webcomics, as well as the extensive fan incorporation that it's done.

On that note, however, the fans are probably worse than the actual content of the comic itself; they're part of the reason why I've never been able to read the thing past the first relative handful of "pages."

What you say is pretty darn true. If we had half of the world review Homestuck, the other half's gonna complain any way you cut it. Still, BWW has dealt with rabid fandoms hundreds of times before. Almost every webcomic has fans that will not listen to reason. And with the whole group thing, I was thinking we could do it in sort of sections. Like, one person does act 1 or act 2, or someone can do writing or focus entirely on the fandom. Obviously that's gonna take some effort, but each of the reviewers will mostly stay out of each other's hair. If anything, if there is a glaring problem, a simple skype call or meeting can fix it.

Besides, when I first found BWW, the first thing I looked for was Homestuck. I saw a few discussions, but that's it. I really want Homestuck to be reviewed especially since its so popular. BWW can get more popular too by reviewing this albeit mostly in infamy.

Also, I will definitely try to be a part of the group that reviews Homestuck. Perhaps not working on an act or something, I'm mostly interested on the absolute... wonderful features of the fictitious species Hussie created, trolls. I have a bone to pick with those buggers. I'm not gonna try to do the whole review by myself since I'm not very experienced with it, but I will help as much as I can. 

Quote    Reply   

MsMia

Casual User

#12 [url]

Apr 18 16 2:49 PM

I actually like Homestuck. Well... I used to and still do like the earlier parts. I like that style of humour. But the latest act was subpar and the ending was absolutely awful. Hussie introduced so many new plot points in the final act (act 6) that were pointless, but I expected them to amount to something. They don't. Instead, the villain is defeated in an anti-climax, without the heroes even encountering him (probably, there was some bullshit symbolism that implied that alternate versions of the heroes defeated him, or something, but you never see it). The ending was animated like a poorly done anime, which doesn't fit the style used in the story at all. And to top it off, you don't even get to see any more character interaction. You're just left wondering what happened with some final image of everyone living in a happy new universe. This is a character driven story, and you don't even see any character arcs end.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Apr 22 16 6:45 PM

I am here to post a bit of explanation since it seems many of the reviewers here haven't read Homestuck itself, and so may not fully understand what they will be getting into (forgive me if I ramble a bit, I am writing this in one not necessarily logically ordered draft). Also, this is gonna be spoiler heavy, which technically shouldn't matter, except that finding out about something ahead of time can drastically change perception. Example: if a friend told you the twist of Sixth Sense before you've seen it.

First the art:
Homestuck experiments a lot with the concept of a webcomic itself, and as part of it's style has a wildly varied style of art. The initial style is copy/paste character models + small character animations using the base models. However, as the comic goes on the style changes to include more and more fully illustrated scenes, and towards the end it is almost entirely fully illustrated scenes. There are also a number of flash animations during climax moments as well as a couple small open world games.

Background:
The basic premise on which the author created Homestuck was that of a full creation mythos. The story starts with four children who play a game, SBURB, that destroys their world, but gives them the opportunity to create an entire new universe. It ends up that SBURB and it's variances are part of an almost biological system integral to reality itself by which universes propagate/reproduce. Every planet that holds sentient life will at some point after inventing a computer equivalent have this happen. Every universe, which is also a frog, exists inside of orbs in a location known as the furthest ring where time and space begin to break down.

Plot:
The humans start their session of the game, the world dies, and they start to play SBURB. However, partly due to interference by the near victors of a previous session of the game which spawned their own universe (the Trolls), their game has a number of elements come together into a single boss that is basically unbeatably powerful, so their session seems doomed to fail. The reason the Trolls are giving them a hard time is because the boss that originated in their world is responsible for the Trolls having victory ripped from their grasp at the last possible moment, due to the not necessarily linear nature of the furthest ring. This is one of the many temporal loops that the story plays with. At one point they even have a particularly irritable character have a cross temporal argument with himself, a conversation that we read through twice as it occurs from both perspectives (this character can be quite stubborn and emotional which is why this don't end up violating causality by him simply saying something different the second time around). This whole mess ends with both groups eventually ending up on good terms with the other and escaping their doomed sessions to a new session generated by an event know as The Scratch, which works as a hard reset for when things go south during the universe creation game. Also during these events, both hints and direct evidence of the stories final Big Bad are introduced, an entity known as Lord English. Since I don't want to spoil everything, stuff happens and the comic eventually ends, although I must admit some saltiness with the ending, but a poor ending doesn't completely invalidate a comic from being a good read, even if it is a heavy blow.

Needless to say, in between the main plot points is a metric ton of side stories and character development. So much that the total estimated word count of somewhere around 200% the length of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

My personal recommendation would be to use the wiki and ask questions on the Homestuck reddit during this reviews creation, since as I mentioned above, the full context of some scenes and story elements exist a couple years ago. If you would prefer not to deal with the bias of fans, the wiki alone can provide most of the context for the majority of things.

And for anyone that doesn't believe me when I say that this story is massively complex, this is a link to the temporal path of a bunny that was given to a character 3 times on their birthday: http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/File:Bunnytimeline.png . Admittedly, I mostly included this last example because it amuses me to no end.

Last Edited By: monochromatisPrism Apr 22 16 6:49 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 23 16 8:00 AM

Hi there. I'm just some nobody, I wrote the original Homestuck diatribe on the old site a few years ago. At the time it was partially satirical, my views on the webcomic have evolved since then, but so has the comic. I cannot say whether Homestuck is good, or bad. It's Homestuck, comparable to itself. Homestuck is, complex.

Let me jump the gun and say that's one of the principle reasons this site should not review it. Here are just the facts, Homestuck is 10,000 pages long with over 800,000 words. Half that is contained in one part (Act 6 Part 3). It's got almost 5 hours of Flash footage. It's gone on for 7 years and taken an entire team (Art team, music team, ect) of dozens of people to create, with one author leading the helm, a computer programmer with an ecclectic, bohemian sense of humor. It's the fastest updating webcomic to date (19 year break), on some rare days it updates dozens of times to 50 pages in a day. It has over 26 albums worth of music published, many tracks utilized within. It spans references of every topic imaginable, has well over a 100 characters, is a story told across multiple timelines, universes, in an one-linear narrative from different formats and media utilities. It is hella complicated. 

Speaking real quickly, I used to really love it initially, the first read going in always struck me as nostaligic in my experience. Not knowing what to expect, going in for the first time and learning about Sbub, the Trolls, all the characters and settings, everything else, it was a myraide of experiences. Novel as hell, spastic and high-octane for pushing the boundaries of a web-medium, Homestuck is a radically unique experience that cannot be summed up accurately by any amount of recollection or laconic summary. As far as things go, my honeymoon phase with it is long over and I'm past the nostaligia. I cannot appreciate it in that pure wonder sense anymore, but I can certainly appreciate everything that it is and has tried to do. It means a lot to me, as has the fandom and entire community around it. Do you know how much fanmusic has been made around it, or fan adventures dedicated to it? You all know that fanfiction exists, well how about fan-comics for a single work of fiction? In it's entirety, to undergo reading Homestuck is Homeric beyond compare.

I'm rambling a bit, my feelings about it aside, my original point stands, that all of it is beyond reviewing meaningfully for the scope of this website. I've already heard griping and complaining about the page length earlier in the thread, even giving into the absurd notion that you could split up the reading among a group of people. This already highlights the biggest problem with any proposed reviewal here. If you want to seem like less of an idiot in the face of anyone who'd take you seriously, you really have to abandonded that attitude. This, as pretentious as you'll think it to say, is just like someone said earlier. You just won't get it. In matters of enjoyment this isn't a problem, you can just not read it and move on, if it's not you cup of tea. In terms of analysis and critique, what's a more surefire way to fail in your criticism than not understanding the material? If you aren't even willing to read it you have no leg in this race.

And that's not the full problem, that's the bare minimum of preventing idioticy ensuring a dumb review. There's so much beyond a surface reading even a group would need approach with a fully academic mindset to tap into, less they give said dumb review. One where you won't convince fans, critics or anyone with forethought about the comic. Let me speak at large about the fandom, the way posters described them earlier surely amounted to their estimation as idiots. Or whatever falls under the 'obnoxious fandom' groupthink that will say 'You just don't get it.' You're talking about a group of people that have been meticiously following a hypertext fo 7 years and thinking you can talk down and critique such a work? That you could have anything meaningfully to say about it? Homestuck isn't just complicated, it's monolithic. It has callbacks upon callbacks and eats literary tropes for breakfast. It breaks narrative conventions with savvy regard for it's storytelling. It's aware of itself and it's fandom and the fandom are aware of it and they're both aware that it's aware. The entire experience thrives on near-masturbatory levels of penetration into it's own depths. There are so many references and sublties that would fly right past you, it'd be like a bunch of elementary schoolers attempting to decode and find flaws in Multivariable Advanced Calculus equations. Cannot punk that shit bro. Not knowing this comic and what Homestuck truly is will undermine you completely.

I've already heard supposed criticisms in this thread. The art looks lazy because it copy pastes the same model? There's a reason for that. The artist is actually pretty competent at art (Or used to be, at one point), but you wouldn't know that. The trolls seem like annoying deviant OCs? There's a reason for that too. The Alpha trolls are copy-pastas? The first 3 acts are too long? Yata yata doesn't make sense? For literally everything one could point out, there's a more comprehensive understanding and justification for, which has been discussed to death and back and touched upon by the author, scrutinized by the fans, and then argued back and forth for ages. These 'footnotes' aren't necessary for reading and enjoying the comic, but for actually understanding and reviewing it, they're imperative to make any meaningful statements. Trust me on this. The majority of critisms that could be put forth by some half-baked imbelcile trying to read 'one act alone as part of a group', would be so low level they'd be made fun of in the comic. And those fans that say you just 'don't get it'? They're scathingly critical of Homestuck and it's flaws and many contentiously, even bitterly so. Do you really think you could beat a 7 year headstart from the droves of geeks on /co/ and Reddit? They're so immersed in tearing apart the comic, even moronic theorizers and self-proclaimed scholars like BKEW are savagely shit on for their daft rationalizations. Do you think any review about a furry webcomic or vidya-bro image-story could suffice, or anything similarly vacuous? What do you expect to say about this work that hasn't been said by the author and fans already?

TL;DR, it's too much for you. If you haven't read it yet and don't intend to read it or have to resort to splitting a group up to read acts, give up right now and forever already.

If you really really want to get in the review game for this sicknasty piece of trash, my advice would be to go back and start with Problem Sleuth. Read it slowly, enjoy it, and work your way up to Homestuck. Then take some time, a lot of time to comb through Homestuck. Take it slow, use whatever forums and age-old discussion were available, Have a friend or friendly guide to help you out and explain things to you. Read up a lot in it, go through all of Hussie's old formspring, reddit and tumblr [email protected]'s (They're achived around the net), read his annotations, actually ask a group some questions and take it all in comprehensively. (But don't ask /HSG/. They've discussed it to death and transcended Homestuck entirely. It's like babby wizard apprentice trying to seek console from the dark-robed eldergods speaking in eldritch tongues).

Alternatively gather whoever has read it here, beginning to end here and try to form a more structured, intelligent and fully articulated opinion. And remember the scope of what you're tackling with here. You're still walking on thin ice, but atleast you'll have some skates to stand on.

That's my take on Homestuck and the whole Reviewing it dealio.

In conclusion;

H3Y B4DW3BCOM1CS, 1S TH1S YOU????

And yes, the ending was ambigious. Ambigiously awful, but I won't get into that. Read it for yourself and come to you own conclusions.

Last Edited By: brandygang Apr 23 16 9:05 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

Jerry

Casual User

#15 [url]

Apr 29 16 5:32 AM

... Yeezus. I won't quote the specific reply since it'd be too long, but you know which one I'm talking about.

I do suppose I have been naive on the whole Homestuck thing. I read the first two acts and was about the same level of a vegetable when I finally chose to put it down and actually think of what happened. So... to put it simply, I believe what we'll need for a review of this is... well, someone who's been following this. Not me, definitely; but someone who's either one of two things: has been following the story the whole time, or is willing to take a chunk out of their waking days to read and subsequently review the comic. Both of those are not me, and definitely a good amount of people on BWW if I'm bold enough to say that.

That said someperson who can do either of those things can then take up the gauntlet like some main character, while everyone else on BWW can chip in. By that I mean helping the someperson to review it by giving them easy access to websites for Homestuck, fixing the review grammar or helping in coding, things like that. Perhaps think of it like giving the someperson a helping hand while their busy trying to dig deeper into the enigma of Homestuck. It'll definitely ease the workload.

But, really, the main thing is we need a tribute. The one who's willing to be that guy. Bless their soul if we do find someone.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 29 16 8:22 PM

I'm going to assume my post went over people's heads and say, whoever you have winging it, yes has to have read it. And followed it astutely, and have a very studious background. The other thread on Homestuck here pointed out correctly that one practically needs to be 'in' the domain of the readership and fans to evaluate it with any success.

Recall I stated that the author and fans have already taken better cracks at it, such as this critics commentary. Despite my disagreements, I hold this one's literary analysis in higher prestiege than this site's grade. It's been a while since I've read it and only covers about half of Homestuck (Cascade is the half-way mark), I remember it being pretty insightful. Might prove helpful forever if you can read through that.

And with this kind of cavalier attitude of making a maryr out of the task, I'm not optimistic about any attempt but do as you will.

Quote    Reply   

Nideal

Casual User

#17 [url]

Apr 29 16 9:38 PM

I'm a new forum poster; but figured I'd chime in here.

Now, I'll fully admit that I'm a VERY casual fan of Homestuck, and I'm in the middle of a re-read to catch up (I think I was up to the universe-wide retcon when I stopped). But I agree with you guys that it needs a review; mostly because nothing is above criticism and honestly, Homestuck needs to be knocked down it's 'so deep and complex and metaphorical above criticism' perch a LOT. I love this comic, but if it keeps being held as some complex, meaningful thing above criticism from anyone not 'with it' then it's reputation is only going to suffer.

When you have such a long, complex story, you have people taking every tiny thing and pulling shit out of their asses to justify how it's actually an example of super deep symbolism (don't even get me started on the in-depth analysis split of the ending and whether it's ground-breaking or shit yeesh). I dunno how it did it, but I guess overly complex stories attract that kind of thing.

And yeah, some parts of homestuck are a slog to get through, even (or especially) on a reread. And while having a large cast isn't bad, I think Homestuck suffers because it tried to shove too many of them in as an 'important character' in the first run (the first 4 kids and 12 trolls) which then made people annoyed when their secondary favourites had to be shoved back (and eventually forgotten) so the actually important characters could stand out. Put simply, Homestuck has too many characters to juggle and tie up the ends for (this is a huuuge reason why some people are salty about the ending from what I've seen but I feel that any ending would have gotten this split on some level).

I think I'll stop rambling for now, I've said my piece and (hopefully) left you guys something helpful to chew on.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Apr 29 16 10:45 PM

@brandygang-Jesus Christ, out for blood arent you? I've read the damn thing (I need to catch up, currently at info dump of

). Its was 3 years ago when I started and I've followed it fairly closely since. Though my engagement varied. Certain acts stuck out more then others or got me more invested. I really liked the world building and the character development was good.
But, at the same time theres annoyances like; sometimes the pesterlog (I believe that's what its called) will be a chore to get through, relationships get made and destroyed in but a few pages, with the development and/or fluff of the relationship being mostly off screen, trolls are literally the worst species you could ever end up being in any reality (poor karkat), and the amount of it explaining itself gets tiresome as it comes full circle with the persterlog complainy. Also hate sex/relationships...there's a bit of that in here.
I did enjoy it however, though I won't say I'm a real fan of it. It was interesting but it fell off of my interests at a certain point. The things I liked I really liked, but there was a good deal that vexed me (mostly due to my own personal taste) . I kept reading as i have a habit of finishing a story that i started and had cauvht my initial interest. Which it did quite often and held it for some time. It has a lot of love and effort put into it. The review would be huge, even of you summarized the acts down to a readable format ( if it wants to hit all that's possibly right/wrong with it).
Ironicly I a)have read it, as I've mentioned above and b) have a lot of time on my hands. Yet, I feel like I may be the least qualified to review it. I mean, I'd definitely put a good effort into it ;rereading all of it, take notes, run notes through this forum and homestuck forums, create several drafts of review, recheck-proofread- repeat, and this would be a project that could take a month or more (more being the most likely) to do.
Also the group split up plan wouldn't work as the cohesion of the story would be lost to them (as wonky as it already is). The idea of reviewing this is a monumental task as was said, but never reviewing it is silly. This would be a review (if it is felt that one is deemed required) that needs to be made with time and effort. Though I have a feeling this will quell your ire. Though, I'm on a phone so I wasn't able to say everything I wanted or say it in a nice clean manner.

TL:DR - calm your tits, theres no reason to be act so vehemently. if a review is deemed necessary then it should he handled like the others but on a far bigger scale. Big story=big review+well researched review.

edit: @nidel you make a lot of really good points. I agree nothing is outside of criticism, not even home stuck. Also no idea on its ridiculous fame
, it caught my fancy but im not big fan by any stretch.

Last Edited By: Magnus the red Apr 29 16 10:59 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

Nideal

Casual User

#19 [url]

Apr 29 16 11:35 PM

Magnus I totally thought you were referring to me with your comment until I saw the @, but honestly my comment was a little more abrasive than I meant it to be, but that particular comment was something I'd been holding for a while so I guess it came out more snappy than intended.

Oh I'd forgotten about all the different romance shenanigans, reminds me of a point I was going to say but dropped because I thought it would make my comment too bitter; that sometimes in persterlogs/pages, so much time is spent on those things and other shenanigans that you can sometimes forget what the character's goals even are. Though some of the character development is nice, but a lot of it feels like fluff to just push pages along.

A positive I will say is that most characters at least have personality traits outside certain... 'labels' (Rose and Dirk's sexuality for example) that you too often see creators making them "perfect innocent uwu darlings" where their only feature is those labels and that's all their character is based around.

I'm 50/50 on the music, because while it is nice, a lot of it isn't even in the webcomic itself, so can it really be considered as a part of the comic for review (and where would it fit)? I mean, the tracks that are there can be checked off, but a majority of the music are character themes or location themes/etc. that people created for the webcomic, but can't be judged as a part of it themselves because they aren't actually in the work.

Quote    Reply   

rhekyono

Casual User

#20 [url]

Apr 30 16 12:09 AM

The review should be long and droning, with new made-up terminology and parts of it that have to be found on other sites that only the inner circle of the wiki's community can direct you to, across various forms of multimedia. In other words, make it just as impossible to get through as Homestuck itself.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help