Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Apr 30 16 12:12 AM

Nideal wrote:
Magnus I totally thought you were referring to me with your comment until I saw the @, but honestly my comment was a little more abrasive than I meant it to be, but that particular comment was something I'd been holding for a while so I guess it came out more snappy than intended.

Oh I'd forgotten about all the different romance shenanigans, reminds me of a point I was going to say but dropped because I thought it would make my comment too bitter; that sometimes in persterlogs/pages, so much time is spent on those things and other shenanigans that you can sometimes forget what the character's goals even are. Though some of the character development is nice, but a lot of it feels like fluff to just push pages along.

A positive I will say is that most characters at least have personality traits outside certain... 'labels' (Rose and Dirk's sexuality for example) that you too often see creators making them "perfect innocent uwu darlings" where their only feature is those labels and that's all their character is based around.

I'm 50/50 on the music, because while it is nice, a lot of it isn't even in the webcomic itself, so can it really be considered as a part of the comic for review (and where would it fit)? I mean, the tracks that are there can be checked off, but a majority of the music are character themes or location themes/etc. that people created for the webcomic, but can't be judged as a part of it themselves because they aren't actually in the work.

Nah bruva, youre good. I, funnily enough, posted but a few minutes after you so I didn't see you post until I posted. Also, this is best place to let out your gripes on a story, and as I said you made a lot of good points that I forgot completely.
Yeah, the fact that the 'labels' were a minor aspect of the character as a whole was handled nicely, i was impressed. I maybe liked 'bards song' and that's about it, the rest were meh.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Apr 30 16 11:52 AM

@Magnusthered
I spent 6 years with the fans and critics following along, getting myself up, being let down and critiquing it with the fandom. I'll be damned if I'm going to let the self-proclaimed authority on webcomics to have their production over this without weighing a few thoughts. My opinion stands, that it's too much. I'm not saying Homestuck is above criticism, nothing is. That doesn't mean anyones qualified to review it however. You can get a group of teenagers to bro it up in the wicked rants against Finnegans Wake but it'll still be just that. But bitter and jaded fans (like me) have been at that for years, so again I ask what do you hope to accomplish with this? What's the goal of this review?

Satisfaction? Fame and Infamy? Literary prestige (The link I gave earlier had that in spades). Atleast carefully consider what you want this review to target and what you expect to get out of it. Homestuck is too big to review in it's entirety, there's too much to talk about, that has already been talked about and spattering low-level 'analysis' like "There's too many characters! It's TOO long! The text annoys me." Are not going to cut it. They just sound like whiny knee-jerk reactions that don't touch on anything, they don't begin to dive into divisive things like Shipping arguments, Vriska morality debates, Bro-Abuser rants, CAUCASIAN, and other contextual byzantine horseshit you'd have to familiarize yourself with. I recall a suggestion to "Just review the fandom alone", but honestly what the hell do you even know about the fandom? About the old Gangbunch forums or HSG, of the batshit drama on 4chan and tumblr, or anything? I cannot see a fandom amounting to anything more then asinine whining about "Greasy troll cosplayers" and the comparing it to anime fans, ect, with similar statements and nothing of value. No arguments, no substance.

If you want to just write for the sake of writing a silly smug diatribe I'm sure you could take advice from that weird Yahoo guy who wrote the review article years back that fans ridiculed.

Honestly if you want the least laudable review possible, go with comedy.
Take @rhekyono's advice and make it absurd and yet take it seriously, like Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff-esque.
It's the only way I can see this site succeeding at tackling it with any merit.

I'd even be willing to pitch in, although I won't be the "Main character" or "That guy" or whatever.

If anything go at it in a style referencing Homestuck itself. Like Karkat's Memo Rants or Fruity Rumpus Town House Party, ect.

Quote    Reply   

Goat

Regular User

#23 [url]

Apr 30 16 12:00 PM

I don't think any single member here cares enough about Homestuck to do to any of this. I don't think it's worth the time, effort, or the hordes of disgruntled fans that will follow. If one did, I'd suggest tackling each Act as an individual review in parts, or start from the comic's 'downfall', if anyone can pinpoint it. I'm still waiting to see if Hussie patches things up with the epilogue; it hasn't truly ended.

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#25 [url]

Apr 30 16 3:17 PM

brandygang wrote:
What's the goal of this review?

Satisfaction? Fame and Infamy? Literary prestige 

I can't speak for everyone, but whenever I write a review, it's for one of three reasons:
  1. Entertainment - I'm easily bored and need ways to amuse myself
  2. Academic - I want to study good storytelling, and part of that is analyzing what works and what doesn't
  3. Excorcism - a comic gets me worked up enough because of how obnoxiously awful it is and I need to get it out of my system. This tends to be reserved for comics that are openly hateful/hypocritical/sanctimonious.
I think at the very least, we can talk about in what ways Homestuck works as story and why people didn't find the ending satisfying. I seriously doubt a full review is ever coming in the near future. But nothing's stopping us from talking about specific things.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#26 [url]

Apr 30 16 3:46 PM

Here's a few possible suggestions.

1) We try something a bit easier first (which quite possible is anything else). I believe Grrl Power has a stub that's never really gone anywhere and now that it's Number 1 on Top Webcomics with almost 30,000 votes, might be worth a revisit. I believe I've heard the size of the archives has put people off though I admit that I could easily be wrong on this. Anyway, the point is, if not this, just whatever people have thought is deserving but the size of which has put people off until now (I have no opinion on this one having never read it). If we manage simply a large webcomic, then until we can, we should leave Homestuck alone.

2) We just create an entry with no grades that just factually outlines what it is as best as we can and with reference links like that huge academic critical analysis I'm still working my way though. I guess you could call that the safe option (or at least the relatively safe option at least). Maybe one day it could be turned into a review down the line if everyone's up to it (team effort) or someone really wants to do it.

3) We have a webcomic. Starts next year remember? (It's quietly being constructed as we speak). We could do what the movie Adaptation did and make a story arc about the BWW trying to find a way to write a review of Homestuck. Leads to everyone going crazy at the attempt OR being sucked into another dimension OR both or something else. It could be a way of making a comment about a few points of it at least, like its immense multimedia structure or something. Also shows we could laugh about ourselves (which I know we can). It'd also be something different.

Refresher on Adaptation and especially for those who don't know it (was 2002 really 14 years ago?!):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptation_(film)

Adaptation (stylized as Adaptation., with the period included) is a 2002 American comedy metafilm directed by Spike Jonze and written by Charlie Kaufman. The film is based on Susan Orlean's non-fiction book The Orchid Thief, with numerous self-referential events added. The film stars Nicolas Cage as Charlie and Donald Kaufman, and Meryl Streep as Susan OrleanChris Cooper as John Laroche, with Cara SeymourBrian CoxTilda SwintonRon Livingston and Maggie Gyllenhaal in supporting roles.Though the film is billed as an adaptation of The Orchid Thief, its primary narrative focus is Charlie Kaufman's struggle to adapt The Orchid Thief into a film, while dramatizing the events of the book in parallel. Adaptation also adds a number of fictitious elements, including Kaufman's twin brother (also credited as a writer for the film) and a romance between Orlean and Laroche, and culminates in completely invented events including fictional versions of Orlean and Laroche three years after the events related in The Orchid Thief, Kaufman and his fictional twin brother.The film had been in development as far back as 1994. Jonathan Demme brought the project to Columbia Pictures with Kaufman writing the script. Kaufman experienced writer's block and did not know what to think of The Orchid Thief. Finally he wrote a script based on his experience of adapting the book into a screenplay. Jonze signed to direct, and filming was finished in June 2001. Adaptation received awards at the 75th Academy Awards60th Golden Globe Awards and 56th British Academy Film Awards. Cooper won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, while Kaufman won the BAFTA Award for Best Adapted Screenplay.

It's a great film, one of the real life people in it was absolutely delighted that it showed him being involved in a plot to murder the screenwriter and ends up being killed by an alligator. Suffice to say that neither of these things ever actually happened (obviously).

[url=

"We start at the beginning of time ..."

Quote    Reply   

DP

Casual User

#27 [url]

Apr 30 16 4:34 PM

brandygang wrote:
@Magnusthered
I spent 6 years with the fans and critics following along, getting myself up, being let down and critiquing it with the fandom. I'll be damned if I'm going to let the self-proclaimed authority on webcomics to have their production over this without weighing a few thoughts.

I think your view of this website is as overblown as the fandom's view of Homestuck.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#28 [url]

Apr 30 16 5:16 PM

... or maybe we should all get out while we still can.

[url=

This seems like sound advice (and yes, I get what this is - still seems like sound advice as whether it's good/bad/ugly, sounds like a massive time suck).

Last Edited By: Shan Apr 30 16 5:19 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Apr 30 16 5:28 PM

DP wrote:

brandygang wrote:
@Magnusthered
I spent 6 years with the fans and critics following along, getting myself up, being let down and critiquing it with the fandom. I'll be damned if I'm going to let the self-proclaimed authority on webcomics to have their production over this without weighing a few thoughts.

*snip*

How is the opinion that this site thinks very highly of itself and tends to bite off more then it can chew overblown? I'm surprised the thread is humble enough to admit Homestuck may be a bit much to review in it's entirety, but you still have people here who think they have a leg in this race. Especially when they throw around "Homestuck Fandom" like it's a hivemind.

A fandom whose view of Homestuck are probably more scathing and critical of it than any essay I could write on it.

@plarblman

Entertainment is a fair enough venue. I still remember the Homosuck intermissions and self-critism in the comic making fun of itself to be pretty funny, we should do it something like the style of that. Highly satirical and ironic, and yet still making some kind of point of course. Truth in comedy and all that.

I wouldn't be opposed to academic analysis, but it'd need to be done in a think-tank or rather sparse environment. Go full /lit/ on it, I don't know if anyone here would be really up to par to do that, the way I see it. Maybe though.

If you're gonna go in reviewing it scathingly, just go full Caliborn and drop all pretense of objectivity. Rant away, go balls-in with it. Just make it entertaining, and focus soley on all the sore spots that pump your ire.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#30 [url]

Apr 30 16 5:34 PM

brandygang wrote:

DP wrote:

brandygang wrote:
@Magnusthered

*snip*

How is the opinion that this site thinks very highly of itself and tends to bite off more then it can chew overblown? I'm surprised the thread is humble enough to admit Homestuck may be a bit much to review in it's entirety, but you still have people here who think they have a leg in this race. Especially when they throw around "Homestuck Fandom" like it's a hivemind.

A fandom whose view of Homestuck are probably more scathing and critical of it than any essay I could write on it.

@plarblman

Entertainment is a fair enough venue. I still remember the Homosuck intermissions and self-critism in the comic making fun of itself to be pretty funny, we should do it something like the style of that. Highly satirical and ironic, and yet still making some kind of point of course. Truth in comedy and all that.

I wouldn't be opposed to academic analysis, but it'd need to be done in a think-tank or rather sparse environment. Go full /lit/ on it, I don't know if anyone here would be really up to par to do that, the way I see it. Maybe though.

If you're gonna go in reviewing it scathingly, just go full Caliborn and drop all pretense of objectivity. Rant away, go balls-in with it. Just make it entertaining, and focus soley on all the sore spots that pump your ire.

OK, the more you keep doing this, the more you're Streisand Effect-ing this whole thing and having us end up doing this thing out of sheer bloody mindedness.

However, that's highly unlikely to happen because, no, no we don't think highly of ourselves. This is a website that reviews webcomics. I think at least most of us have a handle on where this is in the grand (and even the not so grand) scheme of things.

On the other hand, in our own way we take this seriously. We don't do hit pieces for yuks or to troll people. Everybody who wants in gets a chance to discuss what it is potentially a candidate for entry in as much depth as is felt necessary to make sure the job is done as properly as possible (within reason obviously).

We're doing it, we're doing it right now, in fact.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Apr 30 16 6:03 PM

@Shan
I'm not against an actual review being done, I'm just still of the opinion it's beyond the scope of this site to review it in full capacity. If you want to take a stab at it, you have to lower your expectations and take a single focus. I've heard people here wanting to review Individual Acts, bits of the story, even 'The Fandom', and from people who've already admitted they dislike the comic or read it begrudgingly, I cannot speak of the hubris it takes to mount a work you're vehemently against yet know little of. (Or varying degrees of, to readers here) A work done in that mindset, wouldn't come off as anything BUT a hit-piece or Front-Page level notoriety on the level of the National Inquirer. Great for claiming fame and grabbing attention, but not with any positive connontations attached. Just get someone that you trust and really knows what they're doing. And don't make it sound whiny or boring.

Also if you want to ask the 'fandom', go on Ribbit or 4gag and ask someone, readers who are more invested and could take a pound at it, if you want the series to take those hits. 4gag's /co/ has threads almost daily, like here. Ask them or something much like a European explorer attempting to learn from the natives of fairfolk peoples.

Quote    Reply   

DP

Casual User

#32 [url]

Apr 30 16 6:50 PM

brandygang wrote:

Because literally no one on this site considers it to be an "utmost authority" on webcomics. Many of us don't even agree with each other a majority of the time. General consensus here can be so fucking rare that it turns into a crapshoot as to what people are actually going to end up going with (fig. 1, this thread). On top of that, there's an incredible amount of variance as to what people are here for; some are here to point out correctable flaws (me), some are here to tear down shit they don't like, and others are just here to have a giggle.

Just as you claim that people here wrongly say the Homestuck Fandom is a hivemind, we are not a Unified Comic Steamrolling Front as you seem to believe.

There is a difference between people being sarcastic shits in their reviews, and people actually seeing this site highly. People have had comics they liked reviewed by other people on the site. Similarly, people have come onto the boards with webcomics saying "lmao guys, this shit's so bad," only for them to get BTFO by the portion of the board that likes it.

I wouldn't be surprised if half the site hates the other half, in all honesty.

Last Edited By: DP Apr 30 16 6:57 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#33 [url]

Apr 30 16 9:42 PM

brandygang wrote:
And that's not the full problem, that's the bare minimum of preventing idioticy ensuring a dumb review. There's so much beyond a surface reading even a group would need approach with a fully academic mindset to tap into, less they give said dumb review. One where you won't convince fans, critics or anyone with forethought about the comic. Let me speak at large about the fandom, the way posters described them earlier surely amounted to their estimation as idiots. Or whatever falls under the 'obnoxious fandom' groupthink that will say 'You just don't get it.' You're talking about a group of people that have been meticiously following a hypertext fo 7 years and thinking you can talk down and critique such a work? That you could have anything meaningfully to say about it? Homestuck isn't just complicated, it's monolithic. It has callbacks upon callbacks and eats literary tropes for breakfast. It breaks narrative conventions with savvy regard for it's storytelling. It's aware of itself and it's fandom and the fandom are aware of it and they're both aware that it's aware. The entire experience thrives on near-masturbatory levels of penetration into it's own depths. There are so many references and sublties that would fly right past you, it'd be like a bunch of elementary schoolers attempting to decode and find flaws in Multivariable Advanced Calculus equations. Cannot punk that shit bro. Not knowing this comic and what Homestuck truly is will undermine you completely.
I almost don't know how to react to this pompous declaration of fanlove that doesn't involve flaming you. I am literally struggling not to insult you for this underhanded load of horseshit you have made only a passing attempt to disguise as advice.

Homestuck is not, by any stretch of the imagination, so complex that the ability to give it a review without accidentally decapitating ourselves with our own keyboard is some unfathomable possibility. To be blunt: it's not particularly complicated, it just has a bunch of shit in it. Furthermore, your claims people would have to read supplemental material and find out what was going on with the fans over a seven year stretch is an unrealistic and non-standard goal. Works are judged on their own merits, not on all of the side shit presented in other media. If I criticize lazy character development in Star Wars Episode II and a rabid-though-eloquent fanboy tells me I don't know what I'm talking about because I haven't read the books, I don't second-guess my critique of the movie because of what wasn't presented in the movie.

For those of you who haven't read it, Homestuck is... well, it's not quite a webcomic, which was my caution against reviewing it in the main thread. Let's call it a web presentation. Basically, it is a story that was originally presented in the form of an interactive mash-up of Earthbound and various TUI computer games from the 80's. It was (at one time) a well-planned story involving time travel where elements needed later-on were slipped into the earlier entries. It began to suffer as Hussie contracted SJW cancer, and began retconning elements of his story, then jammed in a couple extra acts of mostly-nothing-happening-with-dialog where old jokes (Betty Crocker is evil) got turned into literal, justified-in-universe canon. Trolls, who clearly showed classic gender traits, became effectively hermaphroditic except somehow they're also a matriarchy but also male-dominated...

Originally I read it as a fan, but it became a slog as it went on, then it jumped the shark when Rose and Dave (siblings) as sprites got accidentally combined with enough things that they were suddenly okay with incest once cats became part of their hiveminds, and after that point I was just waiting for it to end. My sole caution against reviewing it remains coming up with a meaningful way to address its format; it is certainly nowhere near as difficult to review as has been claimed, and the downfall for most people is going to be about midway through the third group of children being introduced. That's when you realize Homestuck is being stretched out and breaking with the advance planning that went into the first two groups.
brandygang wrote:
I spent 6 years with the fans and critics following along, getting myself up, being let down and critiquing it with the fandom. I'll be damned if I'm going to let the self-proclaimed authority on webcomics to have their production over this without weighing a few thoughts. My opinion stands, that it's too much. I'm not saying Homestuck is above criticism, nothing is. That doesn't mean anyones qualified to review it however.
You are not recognized as an authority on anything on this site, let alone review qualifications, so I'd appreciate you stop implying you have to be appeased by our choice.
brandygang wrote:
But bitter and jaded fans (like me) have been at that for years, so again I ask what do you hope to accomplish with this? What's the goal of this review?
If it's reviewed, the accomplishment will be adding yet another review to a site where reviews are. This notion that a higher purpose must be served is one that is not entertained here. It's something that you are inserting into the review requirements with all the subtlety of two fuel trains crashing into each other, as you continue setting unrealistic goals which you have no authority to demand and then telling us not to try because we won't meet them.

Does this psychological game work on other sites? Are there people so desperate for external validation from mouthy strangers that they back down in the face of potential harsh words? Oh fuck no, NOT WORDS! MY PTSD! I'd better shut down my comic for 7 months and fire my fans when I get back because WORDS HAPPENED! #panicAttack #opinionsOfStrangers #homestuckIsMoreComplexThanTheRespiratorySystem

Seriously, drop this ridiculous show you're putting on. If you're going to insult people be direct about it. This indirect wording you're using, where you're literally insulting everyone on the wiki (but totally not-attacking-anyone because names aren't used!!!) is both cowardly and transparent.
brandygang wrote:
How is the opinion that this site thinks very highly of itself and tends to bite off more then it can chew overblown?
Please demonstrate proof for this baseless claim or drop it. Try not to use a circular argument, like "You must think highly of yourselves because you think you can tackle Homestuck!" because it's a pretty obvious go-to.

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#34 [url]

Apr 30 16 10:24 PM

Dunno, guys *pokes brandygang*. I think he's cute!

​Look at him frothing at the mouth being all passive-aggressive and trying to hide his fanboyism!

​"you would never understand it!"
"it's too complex!"
​"you're too stupid to review this flawless piece of flawless deep flawless art!"
​"don't generalize the complexity of Homestuck and its fans while I generalize your site and you"
"btw I'm not insulting you, just giving advice out of the kindness of my heart"

​*squishes his cheeks* I want one for myself! Can I keep him? I won't feed him sweets! Please?

Psst, if you fanboy this much over my future project, I'll draw you trolls making out.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#35 [url]

Apr 30 16 10:41 PM

brandygang wrote:
@Shan
I'm not against an actual review being done, I'm just still of the opinion it's beyond the scope of this site to review it in full capacity. If you want to take a stab at it, you have to lower your expectations and take a single focus. I've heard people here wanting to review Individual Acts, bits of the story, even 'The Fandom', and from people who've already admitted they dislike the comic or read it begrudgingly, I cannot speak of the hubris it takes to mount a work you're vehemently against yet know little of. (Or varying degrees of, to readers here) A work done in that mindset, wouldn't come off as anything BUT a hit-piece or Front-Page level notoriety on the level of the National Inquirer. Great for claiming fame and grabbing attention, but not with any positive connontations attached. Just get someone that you trust and really knows what they're doing. And don't make it sound whiny or boring.

Also if you want to ask the 'fandom', go on Ribbit or 4gag and ask someone, readers who are more invested and could take a pound at it, if you want the series to take those hits. 4gag's /co/ has threads almost daily, like here. Ask them or something much like a European explorer attempting to learn from the natives of fairfolk peoples.

Look, this is just the point *I* was trying to make here (and please step in someone if I'm fundamentally wrong here someone).

This is how I understand things work here:

1) Someone proposes a webcomic for review and gives some reasons as to why it's a candidate for inclusion
2) Anyone who wants to participate in a discussion about this can do so. At this point it could either be decided to go ahead or get knocked back and that does happen.
3) If there's a go-ahead, the person planning to do the review (usually but not always the person who proposed it) produces a draft which either goes in the forum here on in the sandbox (NOT on the site).
4) If and only if that review is approved by a consensus/majority of people who get involved and look at it, then it goes on the site. It may have to be modified first, sometimes quite a bit. It could also be knocked back at this point too and that does also happen.
5) Finaly, if it gets through all that, it can be listed after it's fixed up to an acceptable standard.

So the point is, there's a lot of steps to go through and a lot of people have to look at something before it goes on the site. One thing that can't be said is that things aren't considered carefully by only one person. As has been described, this isn't really a Wiki in a usual sense. It's a review site in a Wiki format. Yes, in theory technically someone could skip all that and enter something directly but don't. It won't last long.

As for Homestuck itself, I personally have no opinion on this so as of yet, I'm not involved. I can say you're not doing yourself any favours with your approach here, though. I see others are already pointing out the fallacies in your arguments in that department.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

May 1 16 6:41 AM

Honestly the more he talks the more I want this review to be a thing. I read part of homestuck, I got to the part where a man in a vault like area used computers oh and also time travel. From what I remember, even the early acts were all over the place, because it seems to find humor in having random things occur.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

May 1 16 8:25 AM

For all my advising against reviewing Homestuck halfassed and claiming it's above you, your response comes off as more 'holier and mightier than thou'. I haven't insulted anyone directly, are you so unfamiliar with the internet that any you take anything passive-aggressive as an affront? Funnily enough you've insulted me more times aggressively in that single post than I've done to anyone passive-aggressively, way to foster the level of dialog. When this,

"You are not recognized as an authority on anything on this site"
"goals which you have no authority to demand
"

Is laudable. Is an obvious appeal to authority fallacy in which, for your arguement to succeed you must position yourself with the site and yet, build it up at the same time. I know I'm not an authority, on this site or Homestuck. I don't care if this is a joke, that you even have to hedge it over me speaks levels of your insecurities. It's an incredibly narissistic statements like that which base my claim.

Wait no it doesn't. You're one poster out of dozens (Hundreds?) and as DZ mentioned, this site is divisive. It's ironically, harder to generalize a site with a smaller population than a monolithic fanbase.

You've stated your opinion on whether Homestuck is reviewable by this site, I've stated mine. If having a differing opinion is getting on my high horse, so be it.

It's not even like Homestuck is some Deep Blue of webcomics, it's that there's too much material and the comic has too many fans that have been at this game for too long. I had my fun poking fun at this mess of a comic years ago on ED with some dumb, shallow article I wrote, that was how many years ago now? Which at it's low-level jab I imagine captures the depth and bredth a BWW critique would go, but less sardonically. In my imagination that is. The point is, it may seem convienent to jump on the Homestuck train now that it's ended, but you're the missing the train because it's already left. It's like someone chasing a late train on foot, and finally trying to give a critique of the countryside to the passangers when they all get out at the train's last stop.

Or the Titanic might complete this anology. You're trying to get a hit on the full Titanic experience when that ship already sank. Cannot do it. The best you can hope for is to ask second hand sources and info from there. Not as grand as the original proposal, but it's something.

And your reply on Purpose was moronic. If you want to accomplish anything, you have to know why and whom for or you're not going to be successful. If I've demanded anything, it's only a suggestion to review the internets golden abortion-baby in such a way that has point to make or goal at all, rather then a review for the sake of a review. I've can and have done that before and so have others, do I atleast have the authority to question if this site is capable of better? Granted I don't know this site well. So sorry for holding you up to a higher standard, I guess? I've posted links to Lit-reviews, Yahoo articles and 4chan to reference so you actually know what you're looking for. Notice how everything I've stated has been hypothetical or rhetorical? Or phrased in a question? Have you even considered that maybe I really do want Homestuck to be reviewed, but not if that review is a boring dumb trainwreck? Like I've suggested, no directly stated every other post? And that discounting my advice and assistance because of percieved 'fanboyism' or passive-aggressivism isn't pushing this along any faster? How about that my time-management skills allow for a convo to go quicker passively rather than when I'm insulting everyone and shouting frivilous Obscenities? Does this sound passive-aggressive enough yet? We can resort to 4chan-level insults if it sounds less cowardly or whatever. Or we can stop arguing over a dumb thing and wasting everyones time.

Away from that dumb terrible topic. Just don't fek up is all I'm saying.

@Sindy
Well Meme'd friend! It's so much easier and fun to argue with a strawmen and false statements that sound so much more ridiculous when exaggerated without any context XD!!
But of course I think comics a flawless piece of deep art right? And that's why I wrote a scathing trite article on ED lambasting it.

Another little grating remark hinging the capabilities of people to review this godawful comic is them using terms like 'troll' correctly.

@Shan
That's a fair enough process. Part of my knee-jerk reaction earlier was from the assumption this wouldn't be one person doing an opinion piece or review, but a group attempting to tackle it, abit purely in infamy. But yeah a slow and steady process with lots of oversight is certainly best.

Last Edited By: brandygang May 1 16 8:28 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#38 [url]

May 1 16 9:50 AM

brandygang wrote:
@Sindy
Well Meme'd friend! It's so much easier and fun to argue with a strawmen and false statements that sound so much more ridiculous when exaggerated without any context XD!!
But of course I think comics a flawless piece of deep art right? And that's why I wrote a scathing trite article on ED lambasting it.

Another little grating remark hinging the capabilities of people to review this godawful comic is them using terms like 'troll' correctly.

I'd love to know how I used the term troll incorrectly when promising you troll smut. Is it not a Homestuck race? Do trolls not make out? I was led to believe they do.
Also lel at you AGAIN bitching that people are narcissists that throw everyone in the same pot and you're complaining NOBODY should review Homestuck because >I< misused the term of troll...somehow.

Would also be sweet if you decided what you're arguing for/against. Your previous post was on how a review has no purpose because HS is too long, deep, vast, amazing, encompasses a whole culture and many different media, and we just wouldn't, like, GET it, man.
Then you go ahead and say it's just not worth it, and you're its biggest hater.
Are you just a fan bitter that his bae died off? Because I can't fucking make any sense out of your bipolarism.

Turn the internet off for a day and stop taking shit so personally, seriously, and narcisistically. Can't be good for the heart.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

May 1 16 10:53 AM

Sindy wrote:

I'd love to know how I used the term troll incorrectly when promising you troll smut. Is it not a Homestuck race? Do trolls not make out? I was led to believe they do.
Also lel at you AGAIN bitching that people are narcissists that throw everyone in the same pot and you're complaining NOBODY should review Homestuck because >I< misused the term of troll...somehow.

Would also be sweet if you decided what you're arguing for/against. Your previous post was on how a review has no purpose because HS is too long, deep, vast, amazing, encompasses a whole culture and many different media, and we just wouldn't, like, GET it, man.
Then you go ahead and say it's just not worth it, and you're its biggest hater.
Are you just a fan bitter that his bae died off? Because I can't fucking make any sense out of your bipolarism.

Turn the internet off for a day and stop taking shit so personally, seriously, and narcisistically. Can't be good for the heart.

A troll, in the simplest sense of someone who makes inflammatory remarks for the express, intentful purpose of agitating people and riling up an upset response. Your usage, which I can only guess amounts to 'Is sooo mean and a loud obnoxious poopyhead', would be closer to the term Hater or something fit for Facebook. Like wow that person called said a bad word and disagrees with me, what a Troll amirite!

And is it that hard to comprehend that someone might be well aware of how much of a mind-gaping clusterfuck sophisticated-shitstain suduko puzzle of a work a series may be, but not hold a high, positive opinion of it anymore? You can believe something like Hitchhikers guide or Atlas Shrugged are the worst shittiest things ever and not like them, while still not being an ignoramous about their qualities. And how simply hating them profoundly enough doesn't qualify you to critique them. I even state in my first post my honey-moon phase with Homestuck is over. But this isn't about my opinons or me, stop framing the topic around that.

You want to review Homestuck, fine. I'm all for it. If you want to make a steaming pile of manure or write your PhD on it, do whichever. Far be it from me to tell you which route to take, I've only ever advised you to be keenly aware of the distinction and do it cautiously although I've appealed for some middle ground sensibility and got shit for asking you to narrow your focus. So go apeshit bananas with it. You'd find it more productive to just go ahead with it now, so why are we even discussing this? I'll gladly appraise anyone bold enough to put their foot down and start putting their 5 cents out.

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#40 [url]

May 1 16 1:06 PM

brandygang wrote:
A troll, in the simplest sense of someone who makes inflammatory remarks for the express, intentful purpose of agitating people and riling up an upset response. Your usage, which I can only guess amounts to 'Is sooo mean and a loud obnoxious poopyhead', would be closer to the term Hater or something fit for Facebook. Like wow that person called said a bad word and disagrees with me, what a Troll amirite!

...did you just fucking...
....and you keep on...
...wow...
...yeah, yeah you are...

I said I'd Draw. Trolls. Making. Out.
In what fucking universe does "I'll draw you (Homestuck) trolls making out (if you do X)" translate into god fucking damn "you're soooo mean and a loud obnoxious poopyhead"?
Cheesus fucking Rice, man. If you had said you're so good at projecting you rival IMAX, I would've asked for a better movie than this!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help