Remove this ad

plarblman

Living Spambot

Lead

May 12 16 4:46 PM

Tags : :

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/

So I found this comic and, while it is technically a gaming comic, it thankfully avoids the "two guys on a couch" format. The premise is that the many super-muscular game protaganists have their own special temp agency for when they're no longer emplyed as heroes and need to acclimate to normal civilian life. Most of them are pretty dysfunctional, but the main character, the Commander, manages to keep them from burning down the office. He's got an intern named Jared, who's basically a failed pokemon trainer and only has one pokemon, his overgrown Gyrados that likes to eat other people's pets. There's other characters that frequentlt make appearances such as Ganon, Kratos, Duke Nukem etc. But most of the comic is centered on the original characters antics and other silly shenanigans, like the time Commander traveled back in time just to steal coffee from himself, or the time he got in a chest hair contest, or this whole arc where he and most of the characters catch Bishie syndrome.

I love the art, and the humor rarely gets too inside-jokey (which is a problem I have with comics like Nerf Now; if you don't play MOBAs, a lot of the jokes fall flat).
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

May 23 16 7:01 PM

I adore this comic. I'm not even much of a gamer, and have to Google more than a few references, but Coelasquid brings a crazy amount of depth and insight to both her original characters and her fan depictions. (The latter, lately, have kind of made me want to play Legend of Zelda. Which I've never played. But I don't have a console, or anything, so…)

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#3 [url]

Jul 28 16 3:45 PM

I found myself amazed to not only still be able to like a gaming comic, let alone consistently like it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Sep 23 16 9:11 PM

The comic actually is hilarious and it continues to make me laugh for just reading it over and over. Sadly to say MMDMT doesn't upload consistently, so I get bored pretty damn quick. I have to watch myself though because if I stray away too long, then the comic is way ahead of me and I have no idea what's going on. It's a good comic with actually good characters and side-show humor that most people would immediately recognize whether they are a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help