Remove this ad

Lead

May 22 16 12:07 PM

Tags : :

What's the verdict on this comic? I couldn't find anything on this on the main website or the forum, which I thought was odd given that the comic is a gold mine for its batshit insane and absurdly stupid writing as well as its awful art. 

I get that the comic is in the "so bad it's good" territory, but wouldn't its QUALITY warrant a spot on the wiki?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#1 [url]

May 22 16 12:44 PM

Pendejo Jorge wrote:
What's the verdict on this comic? I couldn't find anything on this on the main website or the forum, which I thought was odd given that the comic is a gold mine for its batshit insane and absurdly stupid writing as well as its awful art. 

I get that the comic is in the "so bad it's good" territory, but wouldn't its QUALITY warrant a spot on the wiki?

It would help if you provide any links to comics you introduce to us.

Quote    Reply   

Shmeckie

Regular User

#2 [url]

May 22 16 3:10 PM

Are you kidding, dude? I mean, you are aware Tails Gets Trolled is a work, right? It's a goof. It is the way it is on purpose. The shit art is part of the joke. It's not some Sonichu-esque thing people follow for how bad it is because they like the spectacle, most people are in on it. They get the joke.

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#3 [url]

May 22 16 4:42 PM

Ah, I know this comic well. I once brought it up a little more than a year ago, but I think Oddguy called dibs on reviewing it. No idea what's taking him, though.

Honestly, I think it's a mixed bag. On the one hand, it's full of unintentional hilarity early. On the other hand, it takes itself so seriously that once the novelty wears off it just gets dull. It's also full of obviously traced art which looks really weird when shown side-by-side with the rest of the badly drawn art.

As for whether it's a joke or the real deal, I'm leaning in the direction of it being authentic. The way that lazerbot goes on and on about "talentlessness" being one of the chief insults doesn't seem like something that a trollfic would focus on. I can practically taste the anal retension from the dialogue. This is grade-A butt-frustrated middleschooler right here.

If anything, I love it for the audiobooks that came out of this comic.

Last Edited By: plarblman May 22 16 4:45 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#4 [url]

May 22 16 7:34 PM

Shmeckie wrote:
Are you kidding, dude? I mean, you are aware Tails Gets Trolled is a work, right? It's a goof. It is the way it is on purpose. The shit art is part of the joke. It's not some Sonichu-esque thing people follow for how bad it is because they like the spectacle, most people are in on it. They get the joke.

Question is, if it's a troll comic, is it good as a troll comic?  Does it make you laugh?  One webcomic I reviewed might have been a troll comic, but if it was, it didn't make people laugh:

http://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Kawaii_Otaku_Daigaku

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Shmeckie

Regular User

#5 [url]

May 23 16 2:18 AM

plarblman wrote:
As for whether it's a joke or the real deal, I'm leaning in the direction of it being authentic. The way that lazerbot goes on and on about "talentlessness" being one of the chief insults doesn't seem like something that a trollfic would focus on. I can practically taste the anal retension from the dialogue. This is grade-A butt-frustrated middleschooler right here.

...How far have you read into this comic? Because any debate on if it's real or not pretty much dies when shit like the Dragonborn shows up, or when Bugs Bunny gives his secret explination for why he cross-dresses. Saying Tails Gets Trolled is authentic is like saying Chuck Tingle is a real person and his books aren't parodies.The farther the comic goes, the more absurd it gets, to the point where this thread is the first time in what may be years I've seen people who think it's authentic. Hell, Chapter 18 is straight up a weed and (gay) sex party for an entire chapter.

I mean, just look at this.

The comic's presentation is less subtle in its supposed authenticity than the old Peter Chimera fics, which had everyone believing he was real until the guy behind him came out and gave it all away. Spelling/grammar mistakes are often deliberately placed to make them a joke in and of themselves; elipses are overblown for comedic effect frequently; the comic deliberately chooses the silliest licensed characters to use in dramatic storylines; everything about the character Bob; the crossover element leaves the idea of any cohesive fandom behind not even halfway in (be honest here, what 15-year-old kid on deviantArt is into this many franchises not aimed at his age group while simultaneously writing his comic like an overblown anime except when he writes it like a bizarre anti-comedy?); the list goes on.

Last Edited By: Shmeckie May 23 16 2:27 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

ss2matt

Casual User

#6 [url]

Jun 13 17 2:36 AM

Anything "bad" about it is intentional. I'd call it more of a parody of the fanbase.

I kind of feel if the site made a "so bad it's good" or "intentionally bad" section this comic would have a place in there.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#7 [url]

Jun 13 17 2:50 AM

ss2matt wrote:
Anything "bad" about it is intentional. I'd call it more of a parody of the fanbase.

I kind of feel if the site made a "so bad it's good" or "intentionally bad" section this comic would have a place in there.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help