Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jun 10 16 2:52 PM

So, as someone mentioned, indeed, her husband reiterates he is average, all the time. As if it was special.I don't think they understand what average means. IT MEANS MOST PEOPLE ARE LIKE YOU!
Here is what triggered me: https://bitchmedia.org/post/oh-joy-sex-toy-the-fleshlight

x wrote:
Wait, isn't this the chick that got in hot water with the sjws for saying trans men were attractive?





 

Hot water with SJW. LOL. Their hot water wouldn't make a lobster flinch, much less cook anyone. Just give them the finger and ?t=17

Here is the comic in question: http://www.darcomic.com/2009/02/17/transmen/

This was her slice of life webcomic starring herself & her husband, before she made Oh Joy Sex Toym starring her husband and herself.

You can see her naked here: http://www.darcomic.com/2009/03/31/farts/
Trigger warning farts. Oops, should have put that before the link. Sorry not sorry, shitlords.

Here, she shoved a flip-phone up her ass. http://www.darcomic.com/2009/07/29/butt-phone/

Here, her husband poured his cum in his own tea: http://www.darcomic.com/2009/04/13/milknhoney/
You'd think he'd have tasted it before.

This comic teach you a lot about her. She was on antidepressants before.
http://www.darcomic.com/2009/01/06/wrapup/

Slice of Life Webcomics starring THE AUTHOR'S OWN LIFE, should be made illegal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like that's the most uninspired ever. That's borderline narcissist and your life isn't interesting. It's not even funny.


More on Oh Joy Sex Toy.

This one stars a transgender FtM.
http://www.ohjoysextoy.com/flint/

And I find that weird. It feels like, shoehorned.





I hate fucking Yuku, can't fucking format a fucking post correctly, fuck. I have to type it in fucking notepad or my links start fucking up everything.
Fucking youtube won't embed at 17 seconds.
I'm going to go shove an axe in my door now, the shining style.
Too bad my wife left me and now I have no one to grin at when shoving axe through doors.

Last Edited By: Jackthemaniac Jun 10 16 7:02 PM. Edited 9 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

drisko

Regular User

Posts: 109

#22 [url]

Jun 18 16 12:12 AM

x wrote:
Wait, isn't this the chick that got in hot water with the sjws for saying trans men were attractive? 

Yeah, that's part of it. But here's the main thing that pissed everyone off: She used to be a lesbian until she met her husband. Her DAR comic goes into this more about how she was confused and shit. And on tumblr they fucking hate her for daring to be bi. How dare she be married and go to strip clubs with her husband. How dare she apologise for that trans men comic because trans men are traitors to the cause (Not kidding, seriously saw that on tumblr). How dare she write a guest comic for Penny Arcade about explaining sex to a kid (Which they actually liked except for the fact that she did it). 

She's basically the ultimate case study for how feminism is more about elitism and being pissed off than actually doing anything.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Jun 24 16 8:27 AM

I don't have what it takes to review this one, even though I started the thread. I wouldn't be able to voice problems correctly, even though I see some.
Maybe I should take up Iothera though, it's quite easier...

Anyway, the award for overcomplicating everything is...
http://www.erikamoen.com/life/butt-virginity/

When I put my finger up my nose and it bleeds, I just lost my nose virginity.

Seriously, it's quite simple. There's the hymen which can break and bleed when you put stuff up your vagina. Then there's the first time you have "all the way" sexual contact with someone else.
Adults don't care if you're a virgin only when you're teenagers people do.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

drisko

Regular User

Posts: 109

#25 [url]

Jun 24 16 6:27 PM

I would give it a review but the problem is there's no story. It's a review blog for sex toys and sexual health. And I'm too vanilla (Plus a dude) to try and work out if any of the shit she's talking about is accurate or not.

Something like SYAC is different, because the character is Dobson and all the shit he has to deal with (According to him). There's no constantly wrong strawman for Moen to berate, the side characters are one-note extras just there to prompt an explanation. Outisde of the comic, I find nothing special. If we were doing a review of Dar, I could easily do that because there is a story in her life. She dated a girl who broke her heart and then learnt boys are better, married one, and now gets shit for being bi. 

Maybe we could do that or maybe that dumb Bucko comic she did with one of her studio mates. It's hipster crap.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Mapdark

Casual User

Posts: 3

#26 [url]

Jun 29 16 6:22 AM

Am I weird for thinking that my main complaint with this comic is that they make sex, even the kinkiest shit, sound boring?

Like the way the comic goes about talking about it makes sex sound so ... clinical.


I dunno , that's my personal feelings though.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Mappo

Casual User

Posts: 1

#27 [url]

Jun 30 16 8:54 AM

It feels like the inclusiveness is very superficial and the more there to satisfy SJW demands. Sure it's nice that she draws different people, but they feel like window dressing, because its ultimately about a heterosexual white couple and how much they enjoy sex toys.

They also aren't really interested in talking about things beyond their comfort of dildos, strap ons and porn. You won't hear anything about the Leather sub culture or just how destructive AIDS was to the gay community.

It's not a terrible comic but it's not a good one either.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

Posts: 501

#28 [url]

Jun 30 16 9:51 AM

drisko wrote:

x wrote:
Wait, isn't this the chick that got in hot water with the sjws for saying trans men were attractive? 

Yeah, that's part of it. But here's the main thing that pissed everyone off: She used to be a lesbian until she met her husband. Her DAR comic goes into this more about how she was confused and shit. And on tumblr they fucking hate her for daring to be bi. How dare she be married and go to strip clubs with her husband. How dare she apologise for that trans men comic because trans men are traitors to the cause (Not kidding, seriously saw that on tumblr). How dare she write a guest comic for Penny Arcade about explaining sex to a kid (Which they actually liked except for the fact that she did it). 

She's basically the ultimate case study for how feminism is more about elitism and being pissed off than actually doing anything.

I actually read the comic where she said she used to be a lesbian. Funny thing was, she said that she was not bi, but was queer. I'll admit I'm ignorant to what queer means, but I thought queer was an experimental stage, not a permenent one. So, her husband is an expermiment? I know I'm jumping logic here, but it seemed weird she just didnt say she was bi. 

Also, if what you say is true about tumblr hating her for being bi, why are they when she said she was queer? Maybe you read a different comic that she made then me, but I could of sworn she said queer.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

plarblman

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,167

#29 [url]

Jun 30 16 4:59 PM

AFAIK "Queer" means "every sexuality that isn't straight." More specifically it can mean "I'm not straight but don't pigeonhole me into defining who it is I want to pork you BIGOT!"

Quote    Reply   
avatar

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

Posts: 501

#30 [url]

Jun 30 16 5:22 PM

plarblman wrote:
AFAIK "Queer" means "every sexuality that isn't straight." More specifically it can mean "I'm not straight but don't pigeonhole me into defining who it is I want to pork you BIGOT!"

It sounds like a bi person in denial. I mean, she's married to a guy. She loves him, so whats wrong in saying she's bi?

.......Its just making your sexuality sound more important then it actually is, isnt it?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

plarblman

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,167

#31 [url]

Jun 30 16 7:13 PM

I don't know for sure, I'm guessing based on context clues since most people who use the label are the same type who go "it's not my job to educate you." Maybe we should ask Sindy, if I'm not mistaken she called herself queer in another thread, so she can enlighten us shitlords.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

drisko

Regular User

Posts: 109

#32 [url]

Jul 1 16 12:18 AM

ohitsyou wrote:

drisko wrote:

x wrote:
Wait, isn't this the chick that got in hot water with the sjws for saying trans men were attractive? 

Yeah, that's part of it. But here's the main thing that pissed everyone off: She used to be a lesbian until she met her husband. Her DAR comic goes into this more about how she was confused and shit. And on tumblr they fucking hate her for daring to be bi. How dare she be married and go to strip clubs with her husband. How dare she apologise for that trans men comic because trans men are traitors to the cause (Not kidding, seriously saw that on tumblr). How dare she write a guest comic for Penny Arcade about explaining sex to a kid (Which they actually liked except for the fact that she did it). 

She's basically the ultimate case study for how feminism is more about elitism and being pissed off than actually doing anything.

I actually read the comic where she said she used to be a lesbian. Funny thing was, she said that she was not bi, but was queer. I'll admit I'm ignorant to what queer means, but I thought queer was an experimental stage, not a permenent one. So, her husband is an expermiment? I know I'm jumping logic here, but it seemed weird she just didnt say she was bi. 

Also, if what you say is true about tumblr hating her for being bi, why are they when she said she was queer? Maybe you read a different comic that she made then me, but I could of sworn she said queer.

Yeah, should have made it clearer. Basically her argument is that she's a lesbian who just happens to like one specific guy, essentially she's kinsey 5. Or 4. That's why she calls herself queer because she doesn't think being bi is accurate.

As for the tumblr hate, they do. On the tag for her name, just scroll a bit and you'll start to see the hate posts come up (I guess tumblr tries to squash them). The funniest one is a comic she made for Penny Arcade about a game that sound like it's pro bestiality and the author zeroes in on a line that's clearly supposed to be not taken seriously but is apparently pro-pedophelia

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Sindy

Living Spambot

Posts: 833

#33 [url]

Jul 1 16 2:22 AM

Maybe we should ask Sindy, if I'm not mistaken she called herself queer in another thread, so she can enlighten us shitlords.


​I was told I have it wrong though. The definition I use is "not straight, but not definitely lesbian/gay/bi/trans either". This was how it was Back In My Day™ when they added the Q to LGBTQ. So like 10 years ago. Our local community uses it to cover drag queens, asexuals, people who experiment, people whose preferences change (though I guess they're technically still bisexual), whatever.

​Then I've heard it as:
​- a slang for male homosexual
​- the label for people who still experiment
​- the label for "weird" heterosexuals (eg metrosexuals, crossdressers and tomboys)
​- the label edgy kids who want to be special use (eg calling themselves bi is too mainstream, they're queer)

​dumblr glossary seems to define it as covering anyone either not 100% straight or not a cliche image of their gender. So....basically everyone on Earth that wants an edgy label.

​Can't help you with what brand of queer she considers herself. But guessing the edgy kind since you guys discussed she's bisexual.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Jul 8 16 10:56 PM

Honestly, didn't have that bad of a time reading it. Maybe that's just because it reminds me of old articles and ads you'd find in gaming magazines? If it were to go on the wiki I could see it in the not terrible but not bad section?

I was mainly just uncomfortable for certain pages cause I find the kinks gross as can be.

Arts not bad, a little on the lazy side, but I didn't mind the visual gags.
Writing wasn't amazing, but there were a few jokes that got a giggle out of me.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Dec 25 16 7:40 PM

I've been reading Moen's stuff for awhile, starting with DAR (which seems to me to be more ripe for this site than the sex one) and I can think of LOTS of things to point out as needing a takedown. Starting backwards with the Sex Toy one- biggest complaint is that it's not really a comic by any stretch, it is just illustrated ads for toys, there is no story, no recurring characters other than the two author insertions (lol, insertions) and no jokes even really. It feels like just an excuse to talk about how she's still really kinky with her boring-ass whitebread husband. Along with the Queer label I feel like she is trying way hard to be spesh. (And for the record, Queer is supposed to be the brick-throwing rebel punks but has been co-opted by hipsters. I call myself queer because my spouse is trans and we are not "standard-issue gays" anymore) I find it disturbing/telling that while she has herself inserted as narrator and likes to use all sorts of 'unique' queers to show the toys, she never shows herself naked in this comic. And we know from DAR that she had no problems previously with showing herself nakies (or farting, or being super gross, because everyone knows lesbians are just like guys with boobs amirite?) It feels kinda weird and exploitative that she is always dressed (in girly enough to be fem but hipster enough to be almost dykely) while everyone else is naked (funny how she hasn't brought up that particular fetish?)
Let me tell you guys a little web-history for context- I've been following her tumblr too, she does "pole fitness" ie- stripping for housewives, and posts videos of it along with the comic she did. And she was talking about doing a porn for a little while at least until the moment she and the internet found out that the pron star she was gonna bang is a rapist. She discussed on her tumblr whether this would make things weird for her (any weirder than you telling us about your fartiness or every detail of your sex life? Naaaaw, that wouldn't be weird at al...) and also wrote a comic about her decision to not put herself out there but to continue hiding behind other cooler people.
So she has this thing where she wants to be super cool, edgy and sexy, wants to be part of the Glorious Sexual Revolution but also to have her whitebread normalcy to half brag and half apologize for. Oh and she did a naked photoshoot with a dead octopus, don't know if you saw these gems NSFW http://klavicola.tumblr.com/post/136608696091/allthingsstrange-by-visioluxus

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Dec 31 16 5:38 PM

I liked the webcartoonist's old comic

but OJST just reeks of "We have been given [product] for free by [product manufacturer], lets say a bunch of nice things about it"

Its a nicely told advert

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Shan

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,964

#38 [url]

Jan 1 17 7:23 AM

Who else has had the pleasure of seeing or having a "Bobcat in a Box" Project Wonderful advertisement on a site*?

*Have talked to people who've used it, yet to encounter someone who got an actual bobcat yet.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Shmeckie

Regular User

Posts: 122

#39 [url]

Jan 1 17 12:24 PM

One issue I have with this comic is that it and its author seems to be going for this sexual revolution vibe... in the 2010's...

When the masses have long since been desensitized to anything sex-related thanks to the internet.

Plus the whole thing has this really creepy vibe to it, because it's basically some suburbanite couple telling you all these personal details about themselves that really make it look like they're trying way too hard. Like they're aging hipsters upset they missed the hedonism of the "free love" era and are acting like they still have a chance to participate. This isn't about expression, or being comfortable with anything, this is about desperation. It reeks of a need to impress people with how liberal they are with their sex lives. But all it amounts to is a couple of suburbanites giving you way too much personal information in one of the most haphazard attempts to look "with it". Making a webcomic just to talk about sex toys and such is already pretty goofy, but whatever. Inserting yourselves into it just makes it sad...

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jan 1 17 4:13 PM

Shmeckie wrote:
Inserting yourselves into it just makes it sad...

*snort* Hahahhahahahehehe!
IMO I think the PSAs and healthcare tips they include can be actually useful.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help