Remove this ad

#101 [url]

Apr 18 17 12:05 AM

Art Major - that was hilarious, we should get that folded into the review somehow

Speaking of which: I think the review is almost done.

We just need to wrap up a few things:

1) Their latest comic is an ode to body hair... yes.... http://www.ohjoysextoy.com/love-letter-to-hair/
- which includes this panel: http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o194/alemly/2017-04-18-Love-Letter-to-Hair.png~original

we need this picture in the review. It just encapsulates everything about the comic so well. I mean, what the absolute shit does mentions of hair as a political statement have to do in a comic about sex education? Hair for gender allignment?

This panel is perfect in that it shows everything that is bad about the comic.

2) Their comic on the two comic creators going to a swingers party
- http://www.ohjoysextoy.com/swingers-party/
- it is 100% made of "why the hell did you go to a sex party if you were sick?"
- it also reveals something abuot the creators of the comic: they apparently refuse to get naked and fuck around with anyone who claims to be fans of their comics (curious factoid)
- it ultimately makes them look like normies who are just pretending to be into various kinky shit. Like seriously, think about it: Damn near everything 'extreme' product or kink review is done via guest comic, and they themselves only seem to review normal dildo stuff.

it basically means we can question their entire kink cred

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Shan

Living Spambot

#103 [url]

Apr 29 17 5:45 AM

I'd like to just add one bit to it which I was planning to do in the next 24 hours. I can post what I have in mind here instead of the review for assessment if you like.

It was basically just a small comment on their actual medical advice and how to approach it, so basically just one extra section with a few lines. You don't have to wait or approve such a thing, though (probably the best thing for this review was that I had to leave for a while after the intro paragraph and when I came back, what's there is much better than what I would have done by far).

It's 11.45pm here now, I'll try and finish what I had in mind in the next hour or two.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#104 [url]

Apr 29 17 5:47 AM

Oh wait, I see it's up. I'll put what I had in mind here then. It's basically just a bit of advice on how to approach any source offering itself as a reference source.

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#105 [url]

Apr 29 17 5:49 AM

Just to let you know I made some minor but important changes in format and wording to put the review in line with the others.  Conenet is unchanged though.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#108 [url]

Apr 29 17 5:23 PM

OK, thanks to plarblman's OK, I added the one thing I always wanted to put into this review if nothing else. I admit, not the most eloquent section and tonally just a bit different but given the potential seriousness of real-life medical advice, I'm hoping the point I'm trying to make comes through. I feel it's important.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#110 [url]

Apr 30 17 1:14 AM

webkilla wrote:
Its all good Shan - and the review will be there when you wake up - we all did good on this

Thanks*, though that was about 10 or so hours ago now and I've dived in and out so to speak with more or less what I had in mind. It might need refining but since most people read a new review in the early days of listing, I wanted to get the gist of my message in as soon as possible which I did.

*GO TEAM!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

#113 [url]

Apr 30 17 4:25 PM

I'm not complaining, and I am sure there is a reason for it, but why does this comic warrant having multiple reviewers?

Dont get me wrong, the review turned out fine and funny, but why was this an exception to the usual rules?

Also, this is old, but I thought what Shan did in making an "Emergency callout" post was funny and appopriate. 

I mean, lots of people were talking about the cuck comment outside of this forum, so I thought the emergency post in the politics section was funny and justified. Not like there was much happening that day, and considering what just happened, it did get my attention and interest to what Shan was talking about.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#114 [url]

Apr 30 17 4:31 PM

There's been tag team reviews before, it's far from the first. Also, it's one bright shining moment when the entire political spectrum of this place was unified for a common purpose.

Finally, it didn't escape my attention that from start to finish, it went up very fast by our usual timescale these days so maybe we should do more of this multiple reviewer thing, perhaps?

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#115 [url]

Apr 30 17 4:41 PM

The risk to doing a multiple reviewer thing is that it can be hard to write a single coherent review. Some webcomics lend themselves better to it than others.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#116 [url]

Apr 30 17 4:50 PM

I think this one turned out all right. Outside my contributions, I honestly couldn't say for sure who wrote what, it seems to mesh pretty well IMO. Of course, that doesn't mean it's always going to work out, I suppose. I admit my original all-points bulletin could have been done better, I didn't make clear the political angle/relevance by stating specifically the term I was referring to but the same thing that appalled me was a term I just hate the sound of so I didn't even want to mention it. Oh well, chalk that one up to experience and know better for next time, I guess.

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#117 [url]

Apr 30 17 6:29 PM

Being an administrator, I feel it necessary to look at every review that's been put up, and correct any formatting errors, misspellings, etc. that I find, or I might change wording to what I find more suitable.  An example would be to call an individual strip a "strip" rather than a "comic", which is more specific.  I also prefer using the actual term "webcomic" when talking about one, as opposed to print or other types of comics, or talking of comic genres.

​Some reviews I made no changes to, others I made minor ones to, but I try not to change the content significantly unless I find something to add or correct that I feel important.  Sorry, I'm persnickety that way.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#118 [url]

Apr 30 17 7:59 PM

Well, since I first checked, the review has moved from the 6th page of results for OJST to the 3rd page in 24 hours or so. I imagine it'll vary from person to person to person's computer though.

Admittedly with google, if you're not in the top 3 or 4 results on the first search page, that's like moving from Outer Outer Siberia to Outer Siberia but still, that's something I guess?

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#120 [url]

May 1 17 5:12 PM

Shan wrote:
Well, since I first checked, the review has moved from the 6th page of results for OJST to the 3rd page in 24 hours or so. I imagine it'll vary from person to person to person's computer though.

Admittedly with google, if you're not in the top 3 or 4 results on the first search page, that's like moving from Outer Outer Siberia to Outer Siberia but still, that's something I guess?

Now it's around the middle of the second page. I guess that's the equivalent of reaching the Urals from Siberia? We'll get to Moscow eventually, I hope.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help