Ok. On the off-chance that you'll actually read this: Everybody's already heard the whole veganism shtick before. Every single talking point. The reason the rest of us aren't vegans is that we don't find it compelling or convincing.
- "It's all about non-violence, health and equality."
This assumes that animals are of equal status to humans to begin with, which the vast majority of people simply don't agree with. Animals are not sapient. They are incapable of higher, rational thought. And because they lack moral and intellectual autonomy, they are not born with natural rights that we associate with human beings. And before you go "But people used to think Black people were inferior too!" That had to do with debunked racial science that used to believe that black people (and other ethnicities) were actually different species from white people, an easily disprovable fact.
- "Notice that Priya is arguing in favour of this while all you guys do is the opposite by arguing in favour of animal cruelty, death and environmental destruction for your selfish reasons."
No, being against animal cruelty and environmental destruction is fine. What we take issue with are her anti-scientific arguements, flawed premises, and sophistry.
- "Priya's physical book (which you clearly didn't even bother reading, proving you judge a book by its cover) shows hundreds of credible sources to back up her claims, including information provided by the meat industry itself."
It would be helpful if she simply listed her sources on her website, so that we can actually see them for ourselves. I'm going to guess that half of them are from "credible" sites like PETA or whatnot, and the other half are blatant misrepresentations of actual scientific papers. But we'll never know until those sources are readily available, and none of us are going to shell out real cash just to disprove something we can easily use online sources for.
- " Can't say that about you people, otherwise you'd have known that for instance a vegan diet, if done right, can be just as healthy, if not more, as an omnivore diet."
I can tell you right now, a vegan diet done right is extraordinarily difficult, one which most vegans I know fail at and give up after a year. My mother would never survive on a vegan diet; half her thyroid is missing, and she's allergic to soy, and she has to take a lot of supplements that include animal products simply because she needs them. Of course not everyone will have that situation, but a vegan diet is simply not balanced for human consumption. I could go into detail, but at this point you've probably stopped reading.
- "I don't get why butthurt guys like you spew so much hate against those who advocate for non-violence and for ending a form of oppression. It's crazy... There is nothing "hypocritcal" or "douchy" about wanting to end animal cruelty. "
Nobody here is butthurt or spewing hate. Seriously, the worst we've done at all is make some snarky edits of a few pages. The purpose of this website is to critique webcomics. That includes comics of a political nature. And while you're free to believe whatever you want, if you put forward a claim, that claim can be debated and scrutinized, especially if it's an objective statement such as "Humans weren't meant to eat meat" or something of that nature.