Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 13 16 2:33 AM

Tags : :

So... anyone here know this one?

sci-fi military drama, updates daily, has been updating daily since june 2000...

the artist has improved greatly since his humble beginings, and the writing has always been quite good.

Lately the story has been moving towards its final end - the stakes have never been higher - and the cahracter roster is full of well fleshed out characters

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/

me likey
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Shan

Living Spambot

#1 [url]

Sep 13 16 3:06 AM

My heart skipped a beat there for a moment before I saw it was under "Not Bad" Comics. We've been going after some big targets lately.

I know of it in the context of what you said (I haven't really read it). I'm interested in things like longevity records and updating every single day since I think June 2000 is impressive.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 13 16 4:37 AM

Shan wrote:
My heart skipped a beat there for a moment before I saw it was under "Not Bad" Comics. We've been going after some big targets lately.

I know of it in the context of what you said (I haven't really read it). I'm interested in things like longevity records and updating every single day since I think June 2000 is impressive.

lets put it this way

it is successful enough that the guy who makes it lives off it. He has made board games off it.

it has character development like you would not believe, a character roster big enough to make Dostoevsky be frightened (though they all get fleshed out and a time to shine)

It is bar none my fav webcomic. You read it, you'll cheer for their victories and be scared shitless when they fall into ambushes. ...and not all of them make it, for that's just how it goes for mercs, at least until they run into some really freaky government projects about illegal mil-spec nanotec bodymods. 

and the art quality goes up fairly quickly in the begining. And these days its really good.

Quote    Reply   

kyrtuck

Heavy User

#3 [url]

Sep 13 16 11:06 AM

mm, I looked at the first few pages and wasn't really impressed. And after having conquered Sinfest, El Goonish Shive and Sluggy Freelance, I'm just not in any mood for another round of "Internet-ancient, hyper wordy webcomic with a million-jillion pages funtimes" again.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

M

Heavy User

#4 [url]

Sep 13 16 7:02 PM

Hey, I was wondering when this would show up here.

Fun fact: It's never missed an update during it's entire decade+ run.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 15 16 1:28 PM

M wrote:
Hey, I was wondering when this would show up here.

Fun fact: It's never missed an update during it's entire decade+ run.

not a small feat

also, considering what other 'profesional webcartoonists' that are out there, then this is one of the few where its not based on gaming or animu bullshit. Its good action sci-fi space opera.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Sep 15 16 1:54 PM

A'ight, you people convinced me. Imma read it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help