Remove this ad

Shan

Living Spambot

Lead

Oct 2 16 8:26 AM

Tags : :

Just putting these in the one place so I can find them more easily. 

The Bad Webcomics Wiki!:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=nn3bdo99oklmotu1y7nma4w3&

Well, the Bad Webcomics Wiki is dead:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13019820410A22573400&page=0

Tvtropes hates you

http://badwebcomics.wikidot.com/forum/t-215242/tvtropes-hates-you
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Shan

Living Spambot

#1 [url]

Oct 2 16 9:12 AM

Found this too.

http://webcomicauthority.wikidot.com/start

Page 7 - post 170 from our former leader and founder says it died.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=nn3bdo99oklmotu1y7nma4w3&page=7

However, since we now have a "Not Bad" section, maybe we could consider bringing it back (It's kind of a cooler name that just "Not Bad" for starters)? After all, the thread saying we were dead, well looks like rumours of our demise were a bit ahead of themselves ("We live, we die, we live again!")

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#2 [url]

Oct 2 16 10:53 PM

Just curious... why are you linking them over here? They're currently suffering early-stage social justice cancer... and it doesn't look like they're particularly active in their discussion of us. I also cringe a little at all the references to professionalism. Things you do for free aren't a profession no matter how you do them. Maybe there's some incredibly obscure definition of "profession" that a sufficiently pretentious asshat could convince themselves equates to " 16. verb - Writing out your opinion about shit that doesn't matter for free on a site that doesn't employ you" without excessive mental backflips, but I am not aware of one if it exists.

That said, this quote is fantastic:
"Reviewing the merely mediocre is soul-crushingly dull, but reviewing the terrible gives you free rein to cut loose. " -- Rallan

Finally, someone gets it!

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 2 16 11:07 PM

early stage SJW? No, there are parts of it which are full blown SJW

but not just that, then as far as I can tell, then the mods there hate edit wars and seem to side with whoever they just happen to like the most.

Check the tvtropes pages on Jay Naylor and his webcomics - they're so white-washed that it hurts

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 3 16 1:31 PM

I find atrociously bizarre how they start wailing at the mere possibility of criticism being expressed, anywhere. It's like they can't like something if other people criticize it.
And so they start insulting the wiki & forums - cynical, negative, angry.

Why do they do that?

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 3 16 3:21 PM

Jackthemaniac wrote:
I find atrociously bizarre how they start wailing at the mere possibility of criticism being expressed, anywhere. It's like they can't like something if other people criticize it.
And so they start insulting the wiki & forums - cynical, negative, angry.

Why do they do that?

Remember, these people have bizarre attachments to the "Walkyverse", Channel Awesome, and MLP, all of which I consider atrocious to some degree or another. The TVTropes forums are even crappier, and if you want to read 70+ pages of why TVTropes is full of insane autists, SJWs, furries, pedophile apologists, deviants, and all manners of common idiocy, you can visit the old CWCki Forums (now Kiwi Farms)' thread on it: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/tv-tropes-community.8618/

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#7 [url]

Oct 3 16 3:53 PM

While I think it would be unfair to judge a website as large as TV Tropes for its most extreme members, I still find it concerning how open its members can be about their misanthropy and crazier tendencies.

If you want the Cliff's Notes version of what I'm talking about, just watch the "This Troper" series on Youtube.

As for "Autist," it's not a descriptor I like to use due to how nebulous it can be, though I am intrigued by how some topics / media / sites seem to attract a disproportionate amount of socially awkward people. Some self-awareness would really benefit these people.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#8 [url]

Oct 3 16 11:15 PM

I admit one reason I'm linking them over here is to use as a repository for all these kinds of links in this thread and as I find more, I was planning to add them in future posts. However, I did have a read through of all of those threads and there are some good pieces of advice in there which I want to dissect out and post here as well so I don't have to wade through page after page to find them either. I mean you already found one yourself and featured it. Also, I think the Webcomic Authority logo is too go to waste so I have to use at least that somewhere.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 4 16 7:26 AM

The TVTropes forums are even crappier, and if you want to read 70+ pages of why TVTropes is full of insane autists, SJWs, furries, pedophile apologists, deviants, and all manners of common idiocy,

Ouch :c

Quote    Reply   

M

Heavy User

#10 [url]

Oct 4 16 8:57 AM

Remember; TvTropes is run almost entirely by devoted fans. The purpose of the site is to catalogue various trivia about various series- which takes devotion. Such an environment practically guarantees that there won't be a lot of overt criticism unless it's widely agreed to be bad. It's not a review site, after all.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 4 16 9:21 AM

Hm. Not to mention, it is not like the people who post on that site only use that site exclusively. Many people have 2 or more sites they frequent, according to what they use them for.

Look at this very Wiki and forums for example: many people here like anime, but it'd look awful if people just started discussing the latest anime season in the front page alongside the reviews. Likewise, I don't use neither TVTropes nor BWW to post my drawings unless it pertains to a specific topic, I go to sites dedicated to to art, like deviantART or SoFurry.

So yeah, what M said, it is not a critique site. It's a fandom site. Expecting well-thought, professional-like criticism from it would be like expecting pears from an apple tree.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 5 16 2:02 PM

We're not a Hivemind in here, but the thing about the TV Tropes forum about BWW is that if you go back to page 1 and up, they don't like BWW but agrees with some of the reviews and share that opinion about the comics, but now it seems like they think EVERYTHING is bad.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 5 16 5:06 PM

After reading the Kiwifarms thread on it for a bit, goodness. Those tropers mentioned truly are atrocious people. Then again the people at Kiwifarms are not people I'd hang around either.

I mean, really, they call tropers "autists" for obsessing over every stupid detail of some children's cartoon... and then they proceed to make a 74-pages-long thread spanning 1 year documenting their cringeworthiness complete with quotes and archives? Talk about pot and kettle...

(Altho, to be fair, they are right about the WMG tab. I once went out of curiosity and had to wash my eyes with bleach. The stupidity. It hurts.)

Then again, this is a Wiki dedicated to bad webcomics, but those are a commercial product in this day and age which usually deal with money. It's not like tropers got links to their Patreons in their pages.

I always found it odd they didn't have a trope page for the BWW, tho. There must be some (dumb) policy against listing it.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#14 [url]

Oct 5 16 7:32 PM

webkilla wrote:
early stage SJW? No, there are parts of it which are full blown SJW
It is only parts so far, hence "early-stage cancer".
UglyHyena wrote:
Hm. Not to mention, it is not like the people who post on that site only use that site exclusively.
Myself for example. I'm an infrequent Troper, so I've gotten to watch changes happen like a time-lapse film. The boring people like myself who just like categorizing things have slooooowly been edged out by the leftist psychotics who think it's appropriate to change things that "hurt the cause".

Quote    Reply   

Shmeckie

Regular User

#17 [url]

Oct 7 16 1:36 PM

Shan wrote:
Trivia time: TV Tropes started off life as a Buffy the Vampire Slayer site of some sort.

That would explain their obsessive boner for Joss Whedon.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#19 [url]

Oct 15 16 2:29 AM

oddguy wrote:
these threads are like 7 years old yo, who cares?

Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it or something like that.

Probably more pertinently, like we have anything better to do? By the fact we're here seems to answer that question. 

Corollary, you seem to be here less often than many of us so maybe that means you do, relatively speaking?

Quote    Reply   

oddguy

Living Spambot

#20 [url]

Oct 15 16 2:39 AM

nah I've just been super lazy
I really need to end this hibernation and start checking in regularly every day like I used to

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help