From the top:

http://badwebcomics.wikidot.com/forum/t-214853/random-person-is-john-solomon

Under the headline "ATTN: REMOVE MY CRAP"

"MY FUCKING CRAP

YOUR FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT WIKI

NEVER THE TWAIN SHALL MEET

yours cordially,
John Solomon"

"Because your wiki is an abomination scrawled by the slovenly hands of ignorant cretins who don't understand the basics of what they're even supposed to be doing. It's a gallery of hooting shit-slingers who have been dredged up from the Internet's cavernous backside. If there's anyone on there who approaches the subject matter as anything but an excuse to reach for low-hanging fruit and clumsily mash together expletives and slurs, I have yet to find them.

I deleted my blog for a reason, and the last thing I want is for my follies to be glorified on your trainwreck. It repulses me to think that you're idealising a fictional persona I have come to loathe. In short, I don't like you, and I don't want to be associated with you.

There's your elaboration."

John Solomon and his blog was the catalyst for this place but you know what they. Sometimes you have to move out of home because you don't get on with your parents.

Of course you have to maintain a sense of perspective lest in turn into a replay of Oedipus Rex.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

plarblman

Living Spambot

#43 [url]

Jun 11 17 3:19 PM

TIL there was some guy named John Solomon.

Only half joking with that; I know the name but I never read his original work. On the one hand he's right about going after low-hanging fruit being unrewarding and unchallenging. That's certainly the approach I've been taking when I try going into depth about why a particular story is poorly written. On the other hand he needs to get off his high horse if he thinks he's at all more mature than what he rails against.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Shan

Living Spambot

#44 [url]

Jun 11 17 5:52 PM

plarblman wrote:
TIL there was some guy named John Solomon.

Only half joking with that; I know the name but I never read his original work. On the one hand he's right about going after low-hanging fruit being unrewarding and unchallenging. That's certainly the approach I've been taking when I try going into depth about why a particular story is poorly written. On the other hand he needs to get off his high horse if he thinks he's at all more mature than what he rails against.

My recommendation is you should read it. The best of them are very good.

Quote    Reply   

Nomstuff

Regular User

#45 [url]

Jun 12 17 12:52 AM

I never read his work either. by the time I stumbled across this site, he was long inactive. Saw him mentioned around the site and on TV Tropes.

Quote    Reply   

Beardfist

Regular User

#46 [url]

Jun 12 17 9:56 AM

His point is certainly fair, though it seems to also be wrought about by a significant change of character - away from the persona the original blog was written in. Who knows if he much expected those old reviews to catch as much as they did, though they were certainly entertaining. A lot of people seemed to get buttblasted about the way that he phrased his takedown request - though that's exactly how the persona he played would phrase it.

There are doubtless some reviews on the wiki that seem to be picking on people who are genuinely retarded, but they don't really bother me because I don't feel any degree of responsibility for them or obligation to look at them; if Solomon believed that his approach to writing a review was a precursor to everything that followed, then it's easier to see how he might guilt himself for creating what he would deem irresponsible copycats. A certain magnetic egotism was always present in his reviews, so it doesn't seem a far stretch.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help