Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#21 [url]

Nov 17 16 3:24 PM

Long Tom wrote:
I did the last review already, so I prefer someone else to do the next one.
My schedule's finally clearing up, so I'll be resuming work on the Probability Broach.
plarblman wrote:
Okay, I decided to get a head start on the review. Here's what I wrote down based on what I've already read. I'll have to dig into the archives to find some really juicy stuff. I'll let you know when the review's finished.
Looks good so far. I particularly like your proof he can do better but chooses not to. I'm also surprised how fast you got that much done. I sometimes wonder if I am too thorough in my reviews or if I it's just that I keep picking comics with more material to trash, because there's no way I could get as far as you did so quickly.

Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

plarblman

Living Spambot

#22 [url]

Nov 17 16 3:31 PM

It's a slice of life comic, so I don't have to worry about analyzing plot, pacing, or any other features of long-form storytelling. That tends to speed up the writing process a lot.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Nov 17 16 6:45 PM

Wow! That must have been a new record!

Very nice review, manages to point out all the flaws and be entertaining. Very well organized paragraph-wise and image-wise.

The only thing I could say is, would it be a good idea to credit the source of that Books of Adam/CAD comparison picture?

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Nov 18 16 12:39 AM

First off, I think his comic is ok from what I have read, but it suffers from Same-Face syndrome. My #1 tip to every comic artist ever, is to avoid using the same expression on everyone and try to avoid the Chronic C-mouth, but I'll admit it's not always easy to avoid (I've done it too). And I suggest practicing drawing different expressions and read this tutorial by one of the greatest artists ever.

http://lackadaisy.foxprints.com/exhibit.php?exhibitid=333

Quote    Reply   

kyrtuck

Heavy User

#30 [url]

Nov 18 16 5:35 AM

Very educational! I never been to Buzzfeed before.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

FMan

Casual User

#32 [url]

Nov 18 16 6:17 AM

I'm pretty sure I remember this guy being on funnyjunk as one of the 'certified OC' creators for a while. There's actually a pretty healthy webcomic community on funnyjunk now that I think about it. Some of them are even really good.

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#33 [url]

Nov 18 16 6:28 AM

Wait, by "B'U'ing the legit way," do you mean he just traces over his own art? Because I'm not convinced he isn't copying himself in some way. It's far too similar. In that particular case it's perplexing because if you're going to make the effort to draw something over, why do it in the exact same positions over and over again?

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#34 [url]

Nov 18 16 6:41 AM

I'll finish the overlay, then
I'm thinking he just developed a low-effort autopilot.It happens when you don't want to vary for reasons.

Faces are mostly duplicated, though.

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#38 [url]

Nov 20 16 6:56 PM

Ok I finally have a chance to look at this. While they don't match up perfectly, the hand poses are still way too similar. I think this leaves us with two possibilities:

1. He traces over himself when he wants to draw something because he can't be arsed to sketch something over again
2. He's dragging and dropping individual body parts and isn't sizing or spacing them out the same way every time, hence why there are subtle differences in the overlays.

I'm curious, can you see if the heads and hairstyles on the redhead match up? Also, I included some other links in the article comparing the main character's pose. Could you see how well those match up too?

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#40 [url]

Dec 2 16 3:18 PM

Now I'm curious to see how well Books of Adam follows the CAD rule.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help