Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Lead

Nov 11 16 2:26 PM

Tags : : , , ,

Due to the many complaints and the growing number of people replacing quotes with bold-facing, I've decided to make this handy guide to switching to BBCode.

The WYSIWYG editor has some bugs in it that are very frustrating to deal with. It doesn't matter if you use the one called WYSIWYG or the one called "Yuku 2.0 (BBCODE)". Sometimes it gets so confused you lose the ability to edit your post at all. Why not step into the past and relearn BBCode? All of your post editing will be done in plaintext, eliminating any possibility of things disappearing or being inserted without your knowledge. In order to try it out, do the following:
  1. Log in
  2. Click on "Profile" in control bar that runs along the top of your forum screen.
  3. Click on the wrench (settings) in the control bar that runs along the top of your profile screen. (Alternately, go to http://[YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE].badwebcomicswikiforum.yuku.com/settings/)
  4. Under the "Settings" heading in the page that loads, click the "Forum" link.
  5. Next to "Editor Type" click the radio button for "bbcode". Do not confuse this with "Yuku 2.0 (BBCODE)".
  6. Click the "save" button

Now, the one downside to this is you will have to memorize an incredibly small number of tags in order to format your post...

BBCode uses [ and ] to indicate a tag; I will use { and } so that my post doesn't convert them into formatting. You will have to revert the { and } back to [ and ] when you are posting for the tags to work.

Most text-altering tags can be combined, but the closing tags need to mirror the order of the opening tags. (e.g. {center}{size=200}{b}{u}{i}YOUR TEXT HERE{/i}{/u}{/b}{/size}{/center})

{b}TEXT{/b} - TEXT
{i}TEXT{/i} - TEXT
{u}TEXT{/u} - TEXT
{s}TEXT{/s} - TEXT
{hr} - horizontal rule (shown immediately below)

{left}TEXT{/left} -
TEXT

{right}TEXT{/right} -
TEXT

{center}TEXT{/center} -
TEXT

{quote="Some name"}TEXT{/quote} becomes...
Some name wrote:
TEXT

Note: These can be stacked to do multi-tiered quotes.
{quote="Some name"}{quote="Some name"}TEXT{/quote}TEXT{/quote} becomes...
Some name wrote:
Some name wrote:
TEXT
TEXT

{quote}TEXT{/quote} becomes...
TEXT

Note: This is the main form of indentation available to you and can be stacked as well.
TEXT

{list}
{*}Blah
{*}Blah
{*}Blah
{/list}

becomes...
  • Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah

{list=1}
{*}Blah
{*}Blah
{*}Blah
{/list}{b}{/b}

becomes...
  1. Blah
  2. Blah
  3. Blah

note: This numbered list sometimes malfunctions and may need to be followed by some other tag opening and closing to shut it off. I don't know why. It may only be a problem in the preview.

{size=25}TEXT{/size} - TEXT
{size=50}TEXT{/size} - TEXT
{size=100}TEXT{/size} - TEXT
{size=200}TEXT{/size} - TEXT
{size=300}TEXT{/size} - TEXT
{size=400}TEXT{/size} - TEXT

note - The number next to "size" the a percentage.

{color=#DAA520}TEXT{/color} - TEXT (note: #DAA520 is a hexadecimal color; any hexadecimal color should work)
{highlight=#DAA520}TEXT{/highlight} - TEXT
{code}TEXT{/code} -
TEXT

Note: Font selection does not seem to be possible unless you are a Yuku subscriber.

{url=http://badwebcomicswikiforum.yuku.com}TEXT{/url} - TEXT
Note 1: putting a URL anywhere in plaintext will convert it to a link.
Note 2: putting a URL to a known video site like YouTube will convert your URL into an embedded video, and typically eats a word or two after the link. Attempting to edit a post after this has happened will result in the link itself to be missing in your editor, regardless of which one you use. Use tinyurl.com to create a URL if you want an inline link to a video site.

{img}http://images.shoutwiki.com/badwebcomicswiki/thumb/b/bc/Wiki.png/65px-Wiki.png{/img} - image
Note: Img tags can be used inside of {url}, {left}, {right}, and {center} tags.

{table}{tr}{td}TEXT{/td}{td}TEXT{/td}{td}TEXT{/td}{/tr}{tr}{td}TEXT{/td}{td}TEXT{/td}{td}TEXT{/td}{/tr}{/table} -
TEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXT

Remember: You will have to revert the { and } back to [ and ] when you are posting for the tags to work. BBCode uses [ and ] to indicate a tag. I used { and } so that they would be visible in my post.

Last Edited By: SmashLampjaw Nov 13 16 1:23 AM. Edited 7 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help