Remove this ad

avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,112

#21 [url]

Nov 13 16 3:01 PM

You wrote:

Long Tom wrote:

FMan wrote:
I knew Humon was against Trump, but their's seems way more annoying because they aren't even American, I know some of their comics have America being foolish in regards to other countries political process, so, irony much?

Non-Americans tend to view us as stupid wogs, and they're shocked when an American tells them that they're the ones who are naive and stupid and don't understand us.


That's because in the past decades North Americans insisted in portraying themselves as the best country in the world, the paradigm of a civilized nation. You know, heroic Americans that save the day, ideal family models, defenders of liberty and a lot of outdated stereotypes. But since the fall of the Soviet union this vision has slowly faded and the worst and more laughable aspects of the USA have become mor well known over the years.

And you know what? I fuck'in love it! After all the stereotypes they have fabricated it's enjoyable to see them in the receiving end.

I didn't expect you to use that feeble excuse of "they don't understand us". I expected to see it in some socjus argument, not here.

Also, hi! Long time lurker here.

Well, I've traveled to other nations, and when I tell them I'm from the Chicagoalnd area, I get the reaction of "Oh, isn't that place violent?"  Yes, in the slums and ghettos, just like slums and ghettos everywhere else in the world.  Like the stereotype of Fench people not washing or of homosexuals talking in a lisp and loving the color lavender.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

You

Casual User

Posts: 31

#22 [url]

Nov 13 16 3:14 PM

Ding ding ding!

Yes, I am from Spain. Despising our own country is pretty much the norm here.

I don't know why Sweden or Germany could qualify as rancid, though.

As for Trump, my toughs are that he behaved as a loud mouthed clown during the elections and that he won mainly because Hillary was an awful alternative. He kinda reminds of a capitalist counterpart of the deceased president of Venezuela Hugo Chávez. But he is your new president now, so I hope at least he turns out to be the reverse of Barack Obama.

By the way, what happened to the charges for sexual harassment?

EDIT: Long Tom, stereotypes are never supossed to be accurate representations of reality, only jokes to make fun of another people.

Last Edited By: You Nov 13 16 3:19 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Sindy

Living Spambot

Posts: 833

#24 [url]

Nov 13 16 3:28 PM

"ohitsyou" quoting "You" is a work of art by the way.

Germany and Sweden - people are getting sick of the pro-immigrant policy, so it was figuratively rancid in my mind. But you're right. There aren't that many right-wingers there to affect the country overall.

Also good to finally not be the only Eurotrash around.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,112

#25 [url]

Nov 13 16 3:30 PM

You wrote:
Ding ding ding!

Yes, I am from Spain. Despising our own country is pretty much the norm here.

I don't know why Sweden or Germany could qualify as rancid, though.

As for Trump, my toughs are that he behaved as a loud mouthed clown during the elections and that he won mainly because Hillary was an awful alternative. He kinda reminds of a capitalist counterpart of the deceased president of Venezuela Hugo Chávez. But he is your new president now, so I hope at least he turns out to be the reverse of Barack Obama.

By the way, what happened to the charges for sexual harassment?

EDIT: Long Tom, stereotypes are never supossed to be accurate representations of reality, only jokes to make fun of another people.

I guess they went the way of the story of Juanita Brodderick being raped by Bill Clinton, and of Hillary covering it up.

​The fact of what you said about Hillary and Obama discredit the liberal pundits who say how we became beloved by the world thanks to them.  Wouldn't be surprised if you became nostalgic about George W. Bush.  Many Americans have,

​Incidentally, on another forum a black woman told us she found the Deep South much less racist and hostile than stereotyped.  Bet THAT came as a surprise.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

kyrtuck

Heavy User

Posts: 208

#26 [url]

Nov 13 16 3:31 PM

Hm, I find it funny how Tom- and apparently everyone else -has forgotten all about Trump and his supporters threatening violent revolution if he didn't get elected.  Its almost as funny as Republicans doing  Southern Pride, since the Confederacy was created by Democrats.  Funny how they support the same States Rights thing too.


Also no idea why he randomly mentioned MLK being a womanizer.  Sounds like awfully petty ad hominem for someone who led such large peaceful protests, something I'm sure we can all agree we could use more of right now.  Gonna complain about MLK being a trekkie next?


Ahh, time to abort my own thread I guess :P

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,112

#27 [url]

Nov 13 16 3:33 PM

Sindy wrote:
"ohitsyou" quoting "You" is a work of art by the way.

Germany and Sweden - people are getting sick of the pro-immigrant policy, so it was figuratively rancid in my mind. But you're right. There aren't that many right-wingers there to affect the country overall.

Also good to finally not be the only Eurotrash around.

You don't have to be right-wing to hate immigrants or Muslims.  The late Christopher Hitchens was a supported of the Iraq War-and he never "moved to the right".

Quote    Reply   
avatar

You

Casual User

Posts: 31

#28 [url]

Nov 13 16 3:33 PM

Sindy wrote:
"ohitsyou" quoting "You" is a work of art by the way.

Germany and Sweden - people are getting sick of the pro-immigrant policy, so it was figuratively rancid in my mind. But you're right. There aren't that many right-wingers there to affect the country overall.

Also good to finally not be the only Eurotrash around.

I am confused. Aren't you a right-winger?

Thanks, anyway.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,112

#29 [url]

Nov 13 16 3:44 PM

kyrtuck wrote:
Hm, I find it funny how Tom- and apparently everyone else -has forgotten all about Trump and his supporters threatening violent revolution if he didn't get elected.  Its almost as funny as Republicans doing  Southern Pride, since the Confederacy was created by Democrats.  Funny how they support the same States Rights thing too.


Also no idea why he randomly mentioned MLK being a womanizer.  Sounds like awfully petty ad hominem for someone who led such large peaceful protests, something I'm sure we can all agree we could use more of right now.  Gonna complain about MLK being a trekkie next?


Ahh, time to abort my own thread I guess :P

I never heard anything about Trump and his supporters threatening violent revolution.  That from "Mother Jones" too?

​As for MLK, he died when the original "Star Trek" series came on the air, so he couldn't have been a Trekkie and more than he would have liked "The Simpsons" or "Beavis and Butthead".  Also, if MLK was supposed to be a saint even if he were a womanizer, why is it so wrong if Trump has done the same thing?  I'm reading a biography of Bob Hope-yep, a womanizer too.  And there are plenty of racists and bigots among leftists and liberals, including Che Guevara, Karl Marx, Margaret Sanger, Woodrow Wilson, Claude Pepper, etc.  And guess what the Sandinistas did to the Miskito Indians?

Quote    Reply   
avatar

You

Casual User

Posts: 31

#30 [url]

Nov 13 16 3:44 PM

Long Tom wrote:

You wrote:
Ding ding ding!

Yes, I am from Spain. Despising our own country is pretty much the norm here.

I don't know why Sweden or Germany could qualify as rancid, though.

As for Trump, my toughs are that he behaved as a loud mouthed clown during the elections and that he won mainly because Hillary was an awful alternative. He kinda reminds of a capitalist counterpart of the deceased president of Venezuela Hugo Chávez. But he is your new president now, so I hope at least he turns out to be the reverse of Barack Obama.

By the way, what happened to the charges for sexual harassment?

EDIT: Long Tom, stereotypes are never supossed to be accurate representations of reality, only jokes to make fun of another people.

I guess they went the way of the story of Juanita Brodderick being raped by Bill Clinton, and of Hillary covering it up.

​The fact of what you said about Hillary and Obama discredit the liberal pundits who say how we became beloved by the world thanks to them.  Wouldn't be surprised if you became nostalgic about George W. Bush.  Many Americans have,

Well, Obama popularity has gone downhill over the years, that's undenaible.

The only thing I will remember about George Bush will be the gags from cartoons like Family Guy and Robot Chicken. And that moment when an iraqui reporter threw his shoes at him.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,969

#31 [url]

Nov 13 16 3:46 PM

kyrtuck wrote:
Hm, I find it funny how Tom- and apparently everyone else -has forgotten all about Trump and his supporters threatening violent revolution if he didn't get elected.
Nobody forgot what Trump didn't say. That was media spin on him saying there would be violence if the election was fixed against him, but hey, why quote someone in context when you can sound smug mischaracterizing what he said?
.
kyrtuck wrote:
Also no idea why he randomly mentioned MLK being a womanizer.  Sounds like awfully petty ad hominem
Ad hominem is when, in a formal debate, you try to discredit someone's argument by attacking them instead of what they said. Saying insulting things is not automatically "ad hominmen".
.
You wrote:
He kinda reminds of a capitalist counterpart of the deceased president of Venezuela Hugo Chávez. But he is your new president now, so I hope at least he turns out to be the reverse of Barack Obama.
That's pretty much the minimum that everyone who voted for him was hoping for.

.


Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Last Edited By: SmashLampjaw Nov 13 16 3:49 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

kyrtuck

Heavy User

Posts: 208

#32 [url]

Nov 13 16 4:42 PM

Yes exactly!  Sexual depravities go hand in hand with liberalism.  Its practically a part of the job description by now.

Its bad when Trump does it, because Republicans are supposed to be all about wholesome family values.  How will he get enough moral high ground to abolish gays and abortions if he's just as sleezy as any Leftist?


And I dunno where you've been at, but the Right threatening revolution has been pretty much everywhere.

I've only visited Mother Jones once, and that was because someone at Sluggy Freelance forums linked it. :/

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,112

#33 [url]

Nov 13 16 7:45 PM

kyrtuck wrote:
Yes exactly!  Sexual depravities go hand in hand with liberalism.  Its practically a part of the job description by now.

Its bad when Trump does it, because Republicans are supposed to be all about wholesome family values.  How will he get enough moral high ground to abolish gays and abortions if he's just as sleezy as any Leftist?


And I dunno where you've been at, but the Right threatening revolution has been pretty much everywhere.

I've only visited Mother Jones once, and that was because someone at Sluggy Freelance forums linked it. :/

The Right threatening revolution?  I've seen no sign of it.  It's not Republicans who have been rioting in the streets and killing policemen.  In fact, Obama's attacks on the law enforcement community was certainly a factor in why people voted against Hillary.

And Trump never talked about religion and family values.  And he never talked about banning abortions or homosexuality.  Either you're extremely gullible or you're pulling our legs.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

plarblman

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,170

#34 [url]

Nov 13 16 8:16 PM

Like I said, social conservatism is dead. I suspect it's been replaced by a more libertarian stance concerning gays; whatever you personally may feel, the government has no business in the bedroom.

Do you know what happened when Trump told a stadium full of people that he was going to protect gays? They cheered for him *wildly*. Just because the Right doesn't buy into identity politics doesn't mean they want to exterminate everyone who isn't straight white men.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

kyrtuck

Heavy User

Posts: 208

#35 [url]

Nov 13 16 8:17 PM

Family values are always a classic reason to support Republicans.  Running mate Mike Pence oozes with such sentiment. Holy heck, I've seen pro-Trump ads bawling about how many fetuses didn't grow up into kids.  And certainly I've seen Trump supporters mad over Christian churches being forced to marry gays regardless of their own views.  Where have you been....?


Maybe you need to meet more people

like this guy actually telling me he'd support a violent revolution just because Admenment #2:
http://comments.deviantart.com/18/2247280/4262377440

Quote    Reply   
avatar

plarblman

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,170

#36 [url]

Nov 13 16 8:38 PM

Well of course they're mad about being forced to marry gays against their views - because the state is compelling them to violate their freedom of religion. That's not an incompatible view with not wanting to see gays get murdered. One's about not being compelled to do something you don't agree with participating in, the other is a basic tenet of society. And you can also be upset about abortion on a basis other than religion; if you're convinced that life starts before the first trimester, then that would necessitate conferring rights upon that life.

But that's all beside the point: family values isn't as important to Republicans as much as much, MUCH bigger and more pressing issues, those being jobs, security, and scaling back state power.

As for that link, I don't get what your point is. Hillary supporters are rioting over a democratic election. That guy is talking about a hypothetical scenario where armed rebellion would be a last resort against having your rights removed. The former is about violence against a legitimate function in a democratic society. The second is violence against an illegitimate power grab in an autocratic society. If you cannot tell why this difference is important, you have no business discussing politics.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

Posts: 501

#37 [url]

Nov 13 16 8:45 PM

Whats wrong with family values? Yeah, I know your referring to hate/comdemn gays, but for the most part, family values are a good thing. Trust your family, share with your family, be friendly, have good manners, find a job to support you finanicially, having someone to help you during hard times, etc. For family values, its finding some negatives that certain people believe in and making it sound like if you believe in any form of family values, then youre a bad person.

When did it happen that family values got de-valued?

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,969

#38 [url]

Nov 13 16 8:47 PM

kyrtuck wrote:
Yes exactly!  Sexual depravities go hand in hand with liberalism.  Its practically a part of the job description by now.

Its bad when Trump does it, because Republicans are supposed to be all about wholesome family values.  How will he get enough moral high ground to abolish gays and abortions if he's just as sleezy as any Leftist?
You sound completely manic. Are you doing bumps of coke between posts? Calm it down.

The stuff you're asking about is leftist hyperbole about Trump. Can you actually find an unedited clip where Trump says he wants to abolish homosexuals? (I'm aware you're just going to grab that clip where Trump was asked what punishment there should be on getting an illegal abortion if I ask about your second part, and I feel like skipping ahead to the part where I explain Trump never actually said he wanted to make abortion illegal in the first place.)
.
kyrtuck wrote:
And I dunno where you've been at, but the Right threatening revolution has been pretty much everywhere.
Who's being paid by George Soros to be rioting right now? Is it the right? Last I checked BLM was in the Hillary camp. Honor among thieves, after all.

.


Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Nov 13 16 8:59 PM

kyrtuck wrote:
And certainly I've seen Trump supporters mad over Christian churches being forced to marry gays regardless of their own views.

Dude I am not even a Trump supporter and I find that wrong. Let churches do what they want in their own turf, people! As long as they don't start burning heretics they are free to marry whomever they want! After all, the main point of gay marriage itself is granting same-sex couples the same civil and legal rights as heterosexual couples, it has nothing to do with religious ceremonies specifically.

Also this thread right now

image

Last Edited By: UglyHyena Nov 13 16 9:07 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Sindy

Living Spambot

Posts: 833

#40 [url]

Nov 13 16 9:39 PM



On my feed currently, reblogged with a "stay safe, whites are out to infiltrate us" by an artist I follow
e: said artist is white/hispanic. Wonder what the white parent thinks of her enthusiasm into calling all whites the enemy.

BLM is the opposite movement to KKK and neonazis.
These people are hypocrites.

Also yeah who would've thought a fucking pin needle would be easy to replicate by people outside your clique, huh?

Last Edited By: Sindy Nov 13 16 9:43 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help