Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#41 [url]

Nov 13 16 9:44 PM

Sindy wrote:
On my feed currently, reblogged with a "stay safe, whites are out to infiltrate us" by an artist I follow

BLM is the opposite movement to KKK and neonazis.
These people are hypocrites.
Fools would be a better word. Remember when Hillary stupidly claimed Pepe the frog was co-opted by white supremacists and the left backed her up? (We had a thread on it.) This looks like someone decided to troll them in retaliation.

Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

kyrtuck

Heavy User

#42 [url]

Nov 14 16 5:16 AM

ohitsyou wrote:
Whats wrong with family values? Yeah, I know your referring to hate/comdemn gays, but for the most part, family values are a good thing. Trust your family, share with your family, be friendly, have good manners, find a job to support you finanicially, having someone to help you during hard times, etc. For family values, its finding some negatives that certain people believe in and making it sound like if you believe in any form of family values, then youre a bad person.

When did it happen that family values got de-valued?

I never said Family Values were devalued, I said it was something Republicans supported, and Turmp wasn't living up to them.

Oi you pipple X(

Quote    Reply   

You

Casual User

#43 [url]

Nov 14 16 5:38 AM

ohitsyou wrote:
Whats wrong with family values? Yeah, I know your referring to hate/comdemn gays, but for the most part, family values are a good thing. Trust your family, share with your family, be friendly, have good manners, find a job to support you finanicially, having someone to help you during hard times, etc. For family values, its finding some negatives that certain people believe in and making it sound like if you believe in any form of family values, then youre a bad person.

When did it happen that family values got de-valued?

When politicians decide to use it as a political tool.
Long Tom wrote:
[left]​The fact of what you said about Hillary and Obama discredit the liberal pundits who say how we became beloved by the world thanks to them.  Wouldn't be surprised if you became nostalgic about George W. Bush.  Many Americans have,

I forgot to answer this one.

'murica was already discredited during Bush rule. I guess most of the citizens still idolize the 50's and 60's as the "golden age" then.[/left]

Last Edited By: You Nov 14 16 11:32 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

FMan

Casual User

#44 [url]

Nov 14 16 6:24 AM

Here's one of the storyboard artists for Steven Universe, not sure if we are restricting this to webcomics. I used to follow them on Tumblr until a few days ago when they started shitting themselves about Trump winning. I suppose I should have realized sooner they were a little on the 'excessively liberal' side considering their twitter name is QUEER WOMAN.

I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that someone who works on Steven Universe is going to be pretty Left (professional artist, most likely some kind of 'marginalized' identity), but I guess I expected a little more... maturity, I guess? Like these are pretty succesful adults who should know better by now. Or at least they should have the wherewithal to not be waylaid for days by something that's ultimately not going to change much. What really bothers me, though, is that since Steven Universe is such an 'inclusive' show, I know a lot of gay/trans etc teenagers and young adults are going to be following her and the other artists for Steven Universe, and if those teenagers/young adults see these succesful adults they look up to so distraught, it's just going to reinforce the (in my opinion, entirely unfounded) fear a lot of them no doubt already feel regarding the election. I'll look around for some other Steven Universe artists reactions if this is acceptable, since I can imagine they all follow a pretty similar pattern.

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Nov 14 16 6:38 AM

Imma add those to my list of "Reasons I stay the frick away from the SU fandom".

But then again, I had a penny every time someone in the production of a show I like turned out to be a drama queen...

FMan wrote:
What really bothers me, though, is that since Steven Universe is such an 'inclusive' show, I know a lot of gay/trans etc teenagers and young adults are going to be following her and the other artists for Steven Universe, and if those teenagers/young adults see these succesful adults they look up to so distraught, it's just going to reinforce the (in my opinion, entirely unfounded) fear a lot of them no doubt already feel regarding the election.

Yyyep, pretty much. But then again, it is not like the situation can be worse than it already is.

I'm also preeeeetty sure most of the people who are posting these things are just in for the attention. Victimized is the new Disney Princess syndrome, I guess.

Quote    Reply   

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

#47 [url]

Nov 14 16 7:18 AM

FMan wrote:
I tried to put pictures in but it didn't work (I guess I'll just never post pictures on this forum). So here are the twitter links to the pictures.

https://twitter.com/egomatter/status/796265211850166274

https://twitter.com/egomatter/status/796591838027272192

https://twitter.com/egomatter/status/796887330799747072

https://twitter.com/egomatter/status/797388569379602432

https://twitter.com/egomatter/status/797720824086040576

https://twitter.com/egomatter/status/798014069395468288

Dude, why you are making fun of these people? Thats...fucking sick. I mean, people died in 9-11 so...oh what... this is becuase of the election results? 

I think the best link was the third one, becuase it reminded me way too much of the Ctrl ALT DEL abortion comic. Made me smile.

Also, the second link was slightly disturbing. "Stay Nasty." What are you, a rap artist?

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#48 [url]

Nov 14 16 8:34 AM

jesus fucking christ,

Between those WE'RE IN MOURNING strips, the top comments I skimmed by accident, and her QUEER WOMAN twitter fucking handle as a "professional" I ABSOLUTELY NEED to reuse this

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#50 [url]

Nov 14 16 2:56 PM

UglyHyena wrote:
kyrtuck wrote:I suppose I could share this one here: http://pr0n-add1ct.deviantart.com/art/Bridge-of-Opportunity-645836330

That gets a 0 for simplification, a -1 for unoriginality and a -100 for using Monty Python as a vehicle for their opinions, proving nothing is sacred anymore.
I've relocated the debate on American interventionism into its own thread because this one finally got back on track. Reposting the one quote I couldn't avoid moving.

The guy who does Jon Tron actually criticized the left. Guess he can expect to lose his "Verified account" status.

Jon Jafari @JonTronShow wrote:
You're right guys, it wasn't that your strategy of calling everyone a homophobe/racist was wrong, you need to DOUBLE DOWN NOW!!

Bönes [email protected] wrote:
you've got a set of balls on you for saying this stuff, haha. Also people saying you've lost a fan because of this? wtf.

Jon Jafari @JonTronShow wrote:
haha, welcome to 2016. If telling the truth means losing followers, then I don't want to be popular

FMan wrote:
I tried to put pictures in but it didn't work
Check the link in my signature.

Last Edited By: SmashLampjaw Nov 14 16 2:59 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

#51 [url]

Nov 14 16 3:03 PM

Sindy wrote:
jesus fucking christ,

Between those WE'RE IN MOURNING strips, the top comments I skimmed by accident, and her QUEER WOMAN twitter fucking handle as a "professional" I ABSOLUTELY NEED to reuse this

[left]How about this?

[url=

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#52 [url]

Nov 14 16 3:09 PM

Amazingly, Lincoln Park's twitter has nothing in it about the election beyond a reminder to vote. I guess they must be Trump supporters.

Zack Morrison of Paranatural has been largely quiet with his own opinion, beyond tweeting "Devestated", but has also been retweeting comparisons between Trump and Hitler, Trump and Putin, Trump and white supremacists, and the present with the rise of Fascism.

... aaaaaaaaaand Willis' dumb ass finally chimed in with this subtly-titled "Antichrist" comic.

Willis, who got tired of having to delete posts to maintain his echo chamber wrote:
(comments closed because i was tired of the flood of shit about how killary is the REAL antichrist –the point’s kind of flying directly over your noggin)

Last Edited By: SmashLampjaw Nov 14 16 3:54 PM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

#53 [url]

Nov 14 16 4:46 PM

SmashLampjaw wrote:
Amazingly, Lincoln Park's twitter has nothing in it about the election beyond a reminder to vote. I guess they must be Trump supporters.

Zack Morrison of Paranatural has been largely quiet with his own opinion, beyond tweeting "Devestated", but has also been retweeting comparisons between Trump and Hitler, Trump and Putin, Trump and white supremacists, and the present with the rise of Fascism.

... aaaaaaaaaand Willis' dumb ass finally chimed in with this subtly-titled "Antichrist" comic.
Willis, who got tired of having to delete posts to maintain his echo chamber wrote:
(comments closed because i was tired of the flood of shit about how killary is the REAL antichrist –the point’s kind of flying directly over your noggin)

Wait, does that mean Willis is religious again? I mean, he is a fanatical atheist, but when you call Trump the REAL antichrist, it sounds like he's Christian again (for the wrong reasons, of course.)

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#54 [url]

Nov 14 16 4:54 PM

The thing you need to understand about Willis is that you can take the atheist out of Christianity, but you can't take the Christianity out of the atheist. Willis wants it both ways; moral absolutism (in this case, his own personal antichrist to focus his ill will on), without any of the moral obligations.

Quote    Reply   

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

#55 [url]

Nov 14 16 4:58 PM

plarblman wrote:
The thing you need to understand about Willis is that you can take the atheist out of Christianity, but you can't take the Christianity out of the atheist. Willis wants it both ways; moral absolutism (in this case, his own personal antichrist to focus his ill will on), without any of the moral obligations.

I cant tell if he's complicated or shallow. Propably shallow considering how obvious he is.

Quote    Reply   

FMan

Casual User

#56 [url]

Nov 14 16 5:10 PM

You would think that someone might be able to see how crazy the people saying Obama is the Antichrist etc were, and apply that logic to thinking Donald Trump is the Antichrist etc. One would need an amount of self reflection greater than zero, however.

Quote    Reply   

FMan

Casual User

#58 [url]

Nov 16 16 6:15 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, Sindy.

It's unfortunate that an organization with such a seemingly positive purpose decides to join in on the fearmongering and false rhetoric concerning this election.

"We are upset when he suggests that there are people in our country who should be indiscriminately deported, or who should be prevented from entering our country simply because of their religion."

"We fear that the disrespect and hate shown by him to large demographics of the population — including immigrants, persons of color, persons with disabilities, LGBQTIA-identified folks, and all women"

Such vagues statements unfortunately makes me think they are aware what they are saying is false, but they just don't care. Specifically 'indiscriminately deported' and 'simply because of their religion' are such gross generalizations and simplifications of his statements that I find it hard to believe they ever listened to Trump himself, rather than all the news blurbs.

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Nov 16 16 6:57 PM

Oh Sindy, that is so sad :c

FMan wrote:
Such vagues statements unfortunately makes me think they are aware what they are saying is false, but they just don't care. Specifically 'indiscriminately deported' and 'simply because of their religion' are such gross generalizations and simplifications of his statements that I find it hard to believe they ever listened to Trump himself, rather than all the news blurbs.

When stuff like this happens, it makes me wonder if these people ain't just doing this for profit, and if they are then how is this generating profit in the first place. And if it is generating profit, then dude, that is really low of them. Like the artists behind Strong Female Protagonist offering expensive commissions so they can "donate" the money to LGBT organizations. Can't you just post the links so people donate themselves? Or is this just some Ed Edd and Eddy-styled scam you are pulling?

Quote    Reply   

Sindy

Living Spambot

#60 [url]

Nov 24 16 4:53 AM

Here because it's endlessly reblogged by artists I follow, and I'll guess at least one of the people in that convo wall is an artist...

Making excuses. You guys just HAVE TO read it.

Meanwhile, I'll figure if I'd rather unfollow these hypocrites or stick to it because the hilarity is amazing.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help