Remove this ad

avatar

FMan

Casual User

Posts: 89

#61 [url]

Nov 24 16 7:50 AM

Sindy wrote:
Here because it's endlessly reblogged by artists I follow, and I'll guess at least one of the people in that convo wall is an artist...

Making excuses. You guys just HAVE TO read it.

Meanwhile, I'll figure if I'd rather unfollow these hypocrites or stick to it because the hilarity is amazing.

Holy shit. Forget all the bullshit about reducing people to their race and literally nothing else, how about the logic on that last reblog? That's literally the logic used by racists to justify their opinions. I just don't understand how people who are supposedly so 'woke' to such issues just fucking miss it when it slaps them right in the face. If someone (not black) was talking about how they fear black people, and provide a reason like they grew up in a predominately black neighborhood and witnessed/experienced loads of black on other race violence, these same fucking people would call them racist and find some way to turn it back on them. How can you allow yourself to just be okay with actual racism against yourself?

Also, back to the part about 'white woman voting for white man only because he's white'. Could this maybe be a bit of projection, hmmm? Like maybe how loads of people voted for Obama because he was black? Or plenty of people saying they would vote for Hillary with their only reason being 'she's a woman'?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

Posts: 501

#62 [url]

Nov 24 16 8:51 AM

Sindy wrote:
Here because it's endlessly reblogged by artists I follow, and I'll guess at least one of the people in that convo wall is an artist...

Making excuses. You guys just HAVE TO read it.

Meanwhile, I'll figure if I'd rather unfollow these hypocrites or stick to it because the hilarity is amazing.

Why, I think they went full-retard.

My favorite line is "and if a guy said 'not all men are rapist!' you'd say 'yeah, but all men can be rapist.'" Hey, Joseph McCarthy, by that logic, everyone is a potential rapist, even women.

 Suffragette? That word is not only outdated, it applies more in a British context, not an American one.         

Also, not all rapist. Sorry, had to say that.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Sindy

Living Spambot

Posts: 833

#63 [url]

Nov 24 16 10:37 AM

FMan wrote:
Holy shit. Forget all the bullshit about reducing people to their race and literally nothing else, how about the logic on that last reblog? That's literally the logic used by racists to justify their opinions. I just don't understand how people who are supposedly so 'woke' to such issues just fucking miss it when it slaps them right in the face. If someone (not black) was talking about how they fear black people, and provide a reason like they grew up in a predominately black neighborhood and witnessed/experienced loads of black on other race violence, these same fucking people would call them racist and find some way to turn it back on them. How can you allow yourself to just be okay with actual racism against yourself?

That's my favorite part too.
some dumbass tween sheltered princess suffering from white guilt wrote:
I cringed when I saw “not all white women”.  Fucking seriously?  Honey, that shit didn’t work when men tried it on us, don’t try it to our sisters of color.


Racist person: All blacks are criminals / All mexicans are uncultured idiots / All muslims are terrorists.
SJW: OMG LIEK IM SO TRIGGERED THATS PROBLEMATIC

Normal person: Not all ("privileged" group) are bad
SJW: OMG YES THEY ARE

Self awareness is fucking negative with these people....


For bonus laughs, my feed went like this in the past week:

Fanartists I follow: UGH TRUMP WON ALL WHITES ARE OUR ENEMIES THEY SHOULD ALL DIE LOOK OUT SISTERS STAY SAFE
> teaser image of a white male character from said fandom is released
Same bitches: NNNGHHHHHHH HAVE MY BABIES, SEXY CIS WHITE PIXEL MAN THAT I HOPE IS STRAIGHT BECAUSE GAYS AND BIS ARE DISGUSTING
> a day later
Same bitches: WHITE WOMEN ARE OUR ENEMY AND ALL MEN ARE RAPIST FILTH

They completely lack self awareness, integrity, or intelligence....

Last Edited By: Sindy Nov 24 16 10:53 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#64 [url]

Nov 24 16 11:02 AM

Oh. My god. I think I fried several neurons reading that Tumblr post. I don't know who is worse: the "colored" (BS) sheep whose only experience with "racism" is being made fun of at elementary school, or the white guiltists that repeat the Tumblr discourse like a mantra.

How is it that you can stand these people, Sindy?

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Sindy

Living Spambot

Posts: 833

#65 [url]

Nov 24 16 11:06 AM

I generally laugh at the idiocy.

The strictly-fandom hypocrisy does piss me off however. But I plan to make fun of that one in due time.

I hope to get money from these people

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,112

#66 [url]

Nov 24 16 12:31 PM

FMan wrote:

Or plenty of people saying they would vote for Hillary with their only reason being 'she's a woman'?


Didn't work when Walter Mondale made Geraldine Ferraro his running mate.  Most women still voted for Reagan.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,969

#67 [url]

Nov 26 16 2:55 PM

I'm going to give an honorable mention to Shattered Starlight for having a surprisingly reasonable reaction (to the point I'm not even 100% sure if she had a problem with anything that happened herself):
.

I’m not much for soapboxes and I’m terrible at putting my thoughts into words, but as an aside, re: this shitbag of a 2016: Fellow writers/artists, people tempted to pick up a pencil or wacom pen and start making webcomics: do it. Write, draw, create things. Don’t let people trick you into thinking what you make and what you say is silly or doesn’t matter. Be heard, stand up for one another and keep going. I suck at this, but I’m here for you in the internet’s howling northern void :P

.
I mean, these people don't matter, but maybe they'll calm their tits if they get lied to calmly?

.


Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Last Edited By: SmashLampjaw Nov 26 16 2:58 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Nov 26 16 5:28 PM

Shhhh let me believe the lie, Smash. - keeps working on webcomic -

But hey, kudos to her, she took this whole thing maturely. God knows how many chats I haven't logged in in weeks because of this whole elections thingy.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

FMan

Casual User

Posts: 89

#71 [url]

Nov 28 16 7:00 AM

kyrtuck wrote:
For whatever its worth, here's Tom Tomorrow's latest two-cents on the subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyQe1RIUcAAAtL-.jpg


I wonder when he'll bring back the Trump-Hulk?  Those were the greatest.

"Mishandled email". For fucks sake, do they really not understand why what she did was illegal, and also really not a ringing endorsement of her competency for president? She didn't accidentally delete some emails or click reply all instead of just reply, she willfully used a nonsecure server for classified information. Even if none of that information was considered dangerous or important, it demonstrate a blatant disregard for procedure on her part, and should really make you wonder about her ability to follow other necessary governmental procedures.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

FMan

Casual User

Posts: 89

#72 [url]

Nov 28 16 7:20 AM

Also, here's a good one that's actually been on my dashboard a few times, but I only just recently actually read what it's about (I follow a lot of artists and usually skip these sorts of posts)

image



What really gets me is the "he's pledged a war on the most vulnerable in society" bit. That's not horrifically hyperbolic fearmongering at all! I'm just sad that the people behind such a good show (Gravity Falls) turned out to be the same kind of hollywood idiot as all the rest.


Also thank you Smash for the editor help.

Last Edited By: FMan Nov 28 16 10:10 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Dec 12 16 1:50 PM

Are there any serial comics from BWW's rogue's gallery that feature any crying? According to TVTropes (as I recall), this one trans-related comic strip, Venus Envy (B&W animu artwork) apparently had a series of rants for a week after Bush was re-elected in 2004, and given the absolute nuclear meltdown on the Internet starting in the very late hours of November 8th, I'd expect some webcomics to post their thoughts on the election.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

plarblman

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,170

#74 [url]

Dec 12 16 2:03 PM

FMan wrote:

 I'm just sad that the people behind such a good show (Gravity Falls) turned out to be the same kind of hollywood idiot as all the rest.
 

Well of course they turned out like everybody else, they went to CalArts! *badum-tush*

But seriously, I highly doubt that anybody living or working in SoCal, especially in the creative industry, allows for any kind of political diversity. When you're absolutely surrounded by people in your industry who not only follow but shape the party line, there's no way they'll allow you to rise if you're any different.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

FMan

Casual User

Posts: 89

#75 [url]

Jan 13 17 6:33 AM

I realize this thread is pretty dead, but I wanted to share this.

5secondfilms posted this video


I though it was kinda funny, just a little lazy. But then I read the video description, and holy moly is it a doozy.

"After he fucked a frog onstage while screaming "FAKE NEWS" in Russian, a fountain of piss exploded and soaked the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, who were singing from blank musical pages in recently-purchased manila folders. The Rockettes were forced to clap as an effigy of Meryl Streep was set on fire.

The entire gathered news media published nothing but ellipses and the words "I don't understand" over and over again. Meanwhile, under cover of night, ninja turtle Mitch McConnell repealed Obamacare and replaced it with a pre-existing condition - racism.

There, that covers it. Fuck you and fuck this shitty country."

Talk about a salt overdose.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Shan

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,972

#76 [url]

Jan 13 17 6:49 AM

Well, this is an actual quote from the next president as of the time of writing this and I have to say ... this was an odd thing to say.

"You have cameras in the strangest places. Cameras that are so small with modern technology you can't see them and you won't know. You'd better be careful or you'll be watching yourself on nightly television,"

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,112

#77 [url]

Jan 13 17 3:54 PM

Shan wrote:
Well, this is an actual quote from the next president as of the time of writing this and I have to say ... this was an odd thing to say.

"You have cameras in the strangest places. Cameras that are so small with modern technology you can't see them and you won't know. You'd better be careful or you'll be watching yourself on nightly television,"

But not inaccurate.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Shan

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,972

#78 [url]

Jan 13 17 4:03 PM

Long Tom wrote:

Shan wrote:
Well, this is an actual quote from the next president as of the time of writing this and I have to say ... this was an odd thing to say.

"You have cameras in the strangest places. Cameras that are so small with modern technology you can't see them and you won't know. You'd better be careful or you'll be watching yourself on nightly television,"

But not inaccurate.

Accurate and relevant don't always coincide.

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Jan 21 17 11:12 PM

image
image
image

PVP has generally hovered around "just barely good enough for me to never rag on it", but I think it handles the political stuff really with the current storyline, in which Cole's DnD game is blatantly an excuse for him to complain about politics. It's a nice little way of talking politics while making fun of itself for talking politics and annoying the shit out of people who just want a story. 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Shan

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,972

#80 [url]

Jan 21 17 11:17 PM

" but I think it handles the political stuff really with the current storyline"

Did you just have a fnord there?

Is that supposed to be really

a) well
b) mediocrely
c) badly

?

I couldn't quite tell from the context of what you said next, first it seemed to lean one way and then the other.

It's a bit on the nose IMO. For starters, midterms are in 2018 and the next presidential election's in 2020, so there's a chance people can do something to stop this guy in theory ...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help