Remove this ad

BigBurkhart

Regular User

Lead

Dec 22 16 1:07 PM

Tags : :

Ok, full disclosure here, this comic is made by a friend of mine, but I wouldn't be praising it this highly or making a thread here unless it was actually really good. And it is.

Terrene Spire is a comic/forum adventure about ghosts set in a funky alien landscape. There's a ghost war raging, and the main character is desperately trying to make sense out of this crazy setting that he's been dumped into. The comic constantly has really high quality short animations that make it feel more like a cartoon than a still comic, and he puts a ton of effort into even the smallest details. Oh, and it can get kinda dark sometimes, but I won't spoil anything.

You can check it out at www.dexworks.net/ and on the site there's links to the suggestion thread if you feel like joining in and leaving commands.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 22 16 11:04 PM

Perhaps it would make more sense to have posted this in the Webcomics General forum since you know the author, but it might not be that big of a deal.

I'm getting a pretty strong supernatural Undertale vibe here, coupled with a Paper Mario sense of humor. The animated effects are good at enhancing the reading experience without being superfluous. After getting through the first hundred or so pages I get the sense of this having once been a well-fleshed out RPG game idea, recycled into a comic storyline with an outside controller element added in. I'm a little confused if the outside controller's monologue text and the OG's monologue text are supposed to be the same color, but so far it's been easy to differentiate.

Looking through the website I see that this isn't you friend's first foray into comics, but what I've gleaned so far this has been one of his more successful endeavors.

Quote    Reply   

BigBurkhart

Regular User

#2 [url]

Jan 4 17 2:02 PM

I posted it here because "The Not Bad Comics" seemed like the place to put something that I view to be good. Maybe my logic is skewed, I dunno.

I'm glad you liked what you read so far. (I'm taking the Undertale and Paper Mario comparisons as praise.) Though the storyline itself isn't recycled. I can see the RPG comparisons, since this is a game of sorts for the forum that this is hosted in. The commands up top are the commands that the forum gives to the character, and everything else is in the story.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help