Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 26 17 10:16 PM

Tags : : , , , ,

http://www.orensforge.com/

I have no words to describe how amazing this comic is. I can only think of "it's perfect", because everything about it is perfect. The art style is beautiful, and the story and writing have both been great so far.

It's a short furry fantasy comic about the journey of two martens named Quanaq and Rask to get to a lake (for some reason that's yet to be explained). Anything else is pretty much spoilers.

Just... do yourself a favor and read it.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jan 28 17 1:10 PM

my only issue with it is that... well... there isn't that much of it yet, and it seems kinda sparse on its worldbuilding... like, why did all the prey gang up, when did these two jokers get access to fire, and so on

still, looks cool - have been watching for a while

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 28 17 6:27 PM

It can't be a perfect webcomic, it's a furry webcomic.

*runs away before I get something thrown at me*

Seriously though, it's slickly drawn and...well, that's it, really. If you prefer the storytelling where you plunk characters into a new story where most of it comes to light later, then you have to be able to a-create an interesting enough scenario to continue and b-put more characters in. In Final Fantasy VII, you start out as a mercenary for a terrorist (or "freedom fighter") group taking out a nuclear reactor. In Final Fantasy VI, you control a mysterious girl in robot armor and two other nameless mooks as you try to find a still-frozen "Esper". The plot is too vague (martens and other prey trying to get to some lake paradise) and a single main character (while "mentor uncle" characters are usually doomed by the end of the first act, Quahag meets death rather early) doesn't really push narrative very well.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#4 [url]

Jan 29 17 12:43 AM

The art is beautiful, it's a non-fetish furry comic, and I am intrigued by the characterization of fire so far.

My only complaint is the website. The navigation is really going to come back to bite the author.

Quote    Reply   

ohitsyou

Living Spambot

#5 [url]

Jan 29 17 12:50 AM

I dont quite get why the animals are bipedal, but the art and expressions on the characters are impressive, I'll give it that much credit.

It does remind me a lot of Watership Down. Not saying that as a negative, just an observation.

@American Dork

It can't be a perfect webcomic, it's a furry webcomic.

The unspoken law of the internet. And considering I find the worse webcomics usually are furry (Concession, Suicide for Hire, Kit N Boodle) its hard to argue. 

Last Edited By: ohitsyou Jan 29 17 12:58 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

thisgirl

Heavy User

#6 [url]

Jan 30 17 6:04 PM

I dont quite get why the animals are bipedal

This. It's very distracting considering the context that they're still animals not "animals that are human but with an animal quirk or two." I honestly shouldn't have laughed at the part where the buffalo...bison...Idunnowhatitiswhateverwhocares is getting pounced by those wolves and he friggin PUNCHES one of them. 

Outside of that, the art's nice and I've just skimmed a bit. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help