Remove this ad

BigBurkhart

Regular User

Lead

Feb 20 17 3:42 PM

Tags : :

If this has been mentioned before, I apologize. I did a forum search and turned up nothing.

That said, look at this pixelated hunk of dog shit.

http://www.dieselsweeties.com/

(Hahaha. Ok. Here it really is.)

Seriously, though, this comic is pretty goddamned awful. Lazy sprite art that is quite possibly even lasier than B^Uckley's "artwork," unfunny bullshit jokes, strawman political horseshit, nonsensical writing and OH SO WHACKY humor.... It's just not good. I think it's worthy of a review. Agree? Disagree? What have you?

For an example...

The height of comedy, ladies and gentlemen.

Last Edited By: BigBurkhart Feb 20 17 3:47 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

plarblman

Living Spambot

#1 [url]

Feb 20 17 4:12 PM

Ah, I think I've seen this stuff before. Always struck me as smug and condescending. And that's putting aside the fact that it's lazy pixel art.

As for this particular strip, the premise is confusing. If that cat is supposed to be J. Jonah Jameson, wouldn't that make him the purveyor of fake news instead of someone who gets tricked by it? It seems like this comic has no idea what it's trying to say other than to get by on a lame punchline.

Quote    Reply   

BigBurkhart

Regular User

#2 [url]

Feb 20 17 5:50 PM

That's the comic in a nutshell. All of it's political stuff is strawmanned to hell, and the person behind the comic couldn't write his way out of a wet paper bag. The "jokes" are unfunny and forced, and the characters are painfully one-dimensional, even by gag-a-day standards.

Quote    Reply   

kyrtuck

Heavy User

#6 [url]

Feb 22 17 8:46 AM

That's just how sprite comics go FernandoLemon.

And damn!  I had no idea people still made sprite comics!  I thought they all died out by 2007.....unless you count MSPaint Adventures, but those aren't pixellated sprites.

Quote    Reply   

plarblman

Living Spambot

#7 [url]

Feb 22 17 9:42 AM

Sprite comics used to be as simple as copypasting existing videogame sprites. Now it's all about the sprite "aesthetic." Granted, it does take some work to make the brand new sprites, except it still takes minimal effort and lots of copy-pasting to make the actual comics.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Feb 26 17 10:37 AM

Believe it or not, this strip was in syndication briefly (apparently for a few months but I remember seeing it in the Houston Chronicle back in HS). Despite the fact that syndication is making it to the big leagues, the author quit because of scheduling (waaaaah, I actually have to produce six comics a week instead of sitting on my ass tweeting and playing video games all day while Patreonbux roll in) and content restrictions (waaaah, I can no longer swear like a sailor and can't make obscene sexual references instead of learning the art of subtlety).

Quote    Reply   

Mewsical

Casual User

#9 [url]

Feb 28 17 5:13 AM

I used to read this... then there was this point where Clango lost his memory and Pete destroyed the backup, erasing all of Clango's character development. It pissed me off so much that I dropped the comic entirely and haven't read it since.

I also don't remember that website being so aggravating to navigate. It used to be a lot simpler.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Apr 18 17 11:57 AM

In fact, some years ago there was a BIG purge of webcomics articles on Wikipedia. Apparently every single webcomic had an article. Like how if you hit the Random button now, you will get an endless stream of 300 person villages in Iran, and bus stations in Japan, and Serbian volleyballers with no apparent reason for anyone to write or read those articles. When I was interested in Wikipedia briefly 2 years ago, the notability criteria for webcomics was kinda controversial.

So yeah, expect lots of webcomics on Wikipedia.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help