Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 6 17 8:53 PM

Tags : :

Alright, while browsing Tapastic I came across this comic called AKIMAE, and I'd like to do a review. I'll do a brief plot summary to explain why. (Now, keep in mind that no matter how much this sounds like a horror-thriller plot, I assure you it's portrayed as a romantic comedy.)

Basically, it's about this girl and her family who rent a cabin in the woods, and while looking for berries in said woods, she accidentally falls in a trap that the leading guy set to try and catch a wild animal (for food). This hole-trap is apparently going to kill her because reasons, so he says that he'll save her life if she agrees to be his girlfriend. This is only the beginning of several instances where this guy comes across as super suspicious and creepy. Like when she asks where he's from and all he'll tell her is that he "live(s) in the woods". Also at one point, he climbs on top of her, and when she protests, he laughs at her, saying that he was trying to get her to notice the fireflies. (That really just sounds like a super flimsy excuse to hand wave his attempt to seduce her.) Then, after her parents come along, the guy has the audacity to claim that the thing he blackmailed her into doing via LIFE-AND-DEATH SITUATION, was just a prank and he was kidding the entire time.

And I haven't even mentioned the FBI or the random butler.

May I pleeeeeaaasssseee do a review? Pretty please? *gives puppy dog eyes*

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 6 17 11:39 PM

SpazzticBunnyhood wrote:
This hole-trap is apparently going to kill her because reasons, so he says that he'll save her life if she agrees to be his girlfriend. 

"They can't refuse, because of the implication."

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#2 [url]

Apr 7 17 12:19 AM

This is just pure awful. I can't believe 4K people read this unironically. It's got 36 episodes and the ones I picked at random all had 6 or 7 lazy, terrible comics.

Whybel Ander wrote:
SpazzticBunnyhood wrote:
This hole-trap is apparently going to kill her because reasons, so he says that he'll save her life if she agrees to be his girlfriend.
"They can't refuse, because of the implication."
You had me going there for the first part, second part kinda threw me...

Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 7 17 10:47 AM

Hmm... The more I look into this comic artist, the more hesitant I am to do the review. She seems pretty nice, and while this comic has a ton of questionable things about it, you can tell she drew it with the best intentions. It seems mean to make a review for something that seems like it was made just for some light-hearted fun, you know?

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#4 [url]

Apr 7 17 2:50 PM

SpazzticBunnyhood wrote:
Hmm... The more I look into this comic artist, the more hesitant I am to do the review. She seems pretty nice, and while this comic has a ton of questionable things about it, you can tell she drew it with the best intentions. It seems mean to make a review for something that seems like it was made just for some light-hearted fun, you know?

Road to Hell and all that.

​Oh how about that. Post 1666 according to my post count.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Apr 7 17 4:29 PM

Shan wrote:

SpazzticBunnyhood wrote:

Road to Hell and all that.

​Oh how about that. Post 1666 according to my post count.

Hahahaha. XD Now that's funny.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#6 [url]

Apr 10 17 1:23 AM

SpazzticBunnyhood wrote:
Then don't attack her as a person. The author of Parasite Galaxy struck me as being a pretty cool guy/gal so I limited my color commentary to his/her work.

Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 12 17 9:58 AM

SmashLampjaw wrote:

SpazzticBunnyhood wrote:

Then don't attack her as a person. The author of Parasite Galaxy struck me as being a pretty cool guy/gal so I limited my color commentary to his/her work.

Ehhh... I dunno. I don't think I have the heart to do this one anymore. I'll let someone else take a crack at it. :)

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 17 17 5:34 PM

When I first read this comic on the title, I automatically knew that it was going to be one of those manga comics. And it was basically. The comic is simply same face all around as if the artist just said "OH DESU I WILL MAKE A COMIC THAT IS MORE ATTRIBUTING TO MANGA DESU!" Everyone either has shiny eyes. Or weirdly color blonde hair, and it's not even to the point of hilariously parodying it. It's full on. Fucking. God damn. Shojo bullshit that I left in high school.

I don't know about the guy or the girl so let's call them Cliché Guy and Cliché Girl. Because both characters are so fucking clichés, that their names are some what of a bullshit Japanese that the author probably has no idea about. So in a couple of three pages, apparently the Cliché girl is going to go out in the forest without any form of communication whatsoever. I'm assuming the girl is Japanese, which sounds kinda ridiculous because Japanese young girls are known to carry their phones at least everywhere. They love the phones, and apparently the girl falls in a trap but the problem are the Cliché Guy basically made a trap. And he won't bring her up. (Why? Because he's a fucking psychopath. What kind of person just automatically leaves another human being inside of an hole unless you do something for them?) So far just a couple of pages. The story automatically sounds like a manga premise which is simply stupid and horrible and goes with the stereotypes and clichés of Manga.

Bad.

Here's how you can make it better? Make Cliché Girl into a character I can root for. A lot of manga that is slice of life are currently having girls doing more empowered things. What's this author's excuse?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help