Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 26 17 2:23 PM

Tags : : , , , , ,

image

​The Hotel is a webcomic made by AbyssKing/PuppetPrince. It's about a robot named Hero (real creative) who got fired for... let's say he grabbed a guy by the neck. Why is he just fired for committing a major crime that can send your ass to jail or worst you ask? I have no clue. He becomes homeless and finds some weird looking chick who also seems to be a robot. They then go to a forest.

​So what's the problem with it?

​Art: not very good. The first thing you'll notice is it lacks any shading. Another thing is that the anatomy is weird. It also lacks any detail. Just look at this comic and the author's other art peices. They look weird. It basicly looks like the go-to artstyle for any Tumblr user.

​Writing: the begining for starters is very rushed. Having no proper intrudition to our main character. Same goes for the female robot-thing. She just appears. We also get no intrudition to the world or setting. Which is kinda a must for every story. It also tries to be edgy. Chase in point, the strip where our "hero" ends a life:

image

​Oh the edge. PS: why didn't anyone tell Hero that he was in a movie? Why didn't he himself figure it out?

​Characters: well the story just started, so there's nothing much to talk about.

​The creator: Abyssking/Puppetprince is a Tumblr user who is very... intresting... She's an otherkin, wants to be called an it of all things, can't take criticism, says she's has a bunch of mental problams (which is likely false) and is a teenager trying to be edgy. You can learn more from her if you go to her Tumblr blogs and Youtube.

​Conclusion: it can get better, but since the author can't take criticism, it's not likely goanna happen.

Links
​Tumblr: http://abyssking.tumblr.com/
​Other Tumblr: http://possessionexe.tumblr.com/post/155562833022/abyssking-abysskings-commision-info-howdy-so
​Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl07O-Ci4eM6_0Og_DUiQ9w
​The comic: http://thehotel-comic.tumblr.com/post/148661033915/cover-image

Last Edited By: waifuman Apr 26 17 3:01 PM. Edited 5 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Apr 26 17 3:51 PM

Whybel Ander wrote:
There seem to only be 15 pages for the entire comic so far, so even though it is old enough I don't think this passes the length threshold for a review.

​It is. But I though that it'll be worthy.

 

 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,112

#3 [url]

Apr 26 17 4:00 PM

waifuman wrote:

Whybel Ander wrote:
There seem to only be 15 pages for the entire comic so far, so even though it is old enough I don't think this passes the length threshold for a review.

​It is. But I though that it'll be worthy.


 

 

If it goes on and still sucks, then yes.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 26 17 4:27 PM

Long Tom wrote:

waifuman wrote:

Whybel Ander wrote:
There seem to only be 15 pages for the entire comic so far, so even though it is old enough I don't think this passes the length threshold for a review.

​It is. But I though that it'll be worthy.



 

 

If it goes on and still sucks, then yes.

Very likely since the creator can't take criticism. Let's hope it goes on...

Quote    Reply   
avatar

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,969

#5 [url]

Apr 26 17 11:58 PM

Since you mentioned the creator sucks at taking criticism, if you're going to follow this comic you should consider archiving some of the crap she pulls. A lot of creators will delete the messes they make when they go abusive on their readers.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 27 17 3:24 PM

SmashLampjaw wrote:
Since you mentioned the creator sucks at taking criticism, if you're going to follow this comic you should consider archiving some of the crap she pulls. A lot of creators will delete the messes they make when they go abusive on their readers.

D O N E
 

 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

Jacob Jones

Regular User

Posts: 198

#7 [url]

Apr 27 17 3:27 PM

waifuman wrote:

SmashLampjaw wrote:
Since you mentioned the creator sucks at taking criticism, if you're going to follow this comic you should consider archiving some of the crap she pulls. A lot of creators will delete the messes they make when they go abusive on their readers.

D O N E

 

 

Well then, shall we see it? I'd love to see an edge lord crying about how people think it's comic is flawed.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 27 17 3:56 PM

Jacob Jones wrote:

waifuman wrote:

SmashLampjaw wrote:
Since you mentioned the creator sucks at taking criticism, if you're going to follow this comic you should consider archiving some of the crap she pulls. A lot of creators will delete the messes they make when they go abusive on their readers.

D O N E


 

 

Well then, shall we see it? I'd love to see an edge lord crying about how people think it's comic is flawed.

Well she deleted her replays when some dude/gal said her animation memes need major work after she'd bitched at him/her. So I won't be surprised she would cry about people talking shit about her comic.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Jacob Jones

Regular User

Posts: 198

#9 [url]

Apr 28 17 6:02 PM

Took a look at the webcomic. Not impressed. The art isn't bad per-say, but it looks somewhat lazy in spots. The characters are cookie cutter 'angst' characters, the story is somewhat rushed.

Yeah, this is edge for dummies.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 29 17 2:08 PM

Jacob Jones wrote:
Took a look at the webcomic. Not impressed. The art isn't bad per-say, but it looks somewhat lazy in spots. The characters are cookie cutter 'angst' characters, the story is somewhat rushed.

Yeah, this is edge for dummies.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

May 8 17 1:23 PM

Here are the character bios:
http://thehotel-comic.tumblr.com/characters ​
I like how they don't list any personality traits. And how can a robot be autistic? Was Hero programed to be autistic? If so, why?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help