Remove this ad

Lead

May 1 17 3:16 PM

Tags : :

I just discovered this webcomic while browsing Tapastic and well, Just look at it.

https://tapas.io/episode/669744

Looks like it might make a fun quick review after all these big ones you've been doing.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#4 [url]

May 3 17 4:02 AM

I'm pretty sure it's too short to review. It's like 10 comics so far, except with enormous panels. Hard to tell with how gigantic everything is. I know that's redundant but damn is it all huge.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 3 17 6:17 AM

SmashLampjaw wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's too short to review. It's like 10 comics so far, except with enormous panels. Hard to tell with how gigantic everything is. I know that's redundant but damn is it all huge.

Ok cool. Approximately how long should a webcomic be before we review it?

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#6 [url]

May 3 17 6:22 AM

Typically, a rough rule of thumb is about 6 months old and 50 pages, though I think it's more the number of pages than the age.

This is more ad hoc than codified rules as such, my understanding is typically, float a trial balloon and see what the consensus of the responded gravitates towards (though you do need at least one mod to weigh in and agree for a go ahead) but my initial impression was that there were far too few pages for this to hit threshold as it currently is.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 3 17 11:15 AM

It might be interesting to wait this one out for a while. Even the pages 6-8 look different than pages 1-3. It won't become straight up competent, but it would be nice to see how far the artist is able to improve. I wonder if this is the first thing he/she has ever drawn, you know how progress is so fast when one takes up a skill for the first time.

Oh, and I expect the story and writing will be bad.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

May 4 17 12:47 PM

Oh God, that is awful!

She calls the comic "IDK either," basically saying she has no idea why this is a thing, which means she acknowledges it's pointless. She puts the crayons right there in the "banner image" (I have no idea what the proper term is, IDK either!), the dialog goes left to right for some reason. Why is it nothing but very thick pink lines? Why would you bother committing that event to a comic strip? Oh, God.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

May 5 17 7:47 PM

LunaSun
There are only 5 others in the world like Newm Hawthorn. They are called Vacant Dreamers. These people can enter other people's minds when asleep, and do unspeakable things. They also possess great power, but what is it?

I was going to make a post saying I wanted her to drop modern magic for IDK either, but I digress. I want her to continue with this one. This is so stupid it's brilliant. This description is like poetry without the rhyming. I'm filled with so many questions. For one, how can you enter someones mind and be vacant? What a retarded concept. I want to see it play out. I want to know how rehab fits in with all of this. I want to know why her name sounds so much like New Hampshire. I want to know why this webcomic exists. Just from the first page this has the potential to be one of the best worst webcomics of all time.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

May 5 17 8:03 PM

Lt Art Major wrote:

LunaSun
There are only 5 others in the world like Newm Hawthorn. They are called Vacant Dreamers. These people can enter other people's minds when asleep, and do unspeakable things. They also possess great power, but what is it?

I was going to make a post saying I wanted her to drop modern magic for IDK either, but I digress. I want her to continue with this one. This is so stupid it's brilliant. This description is like poetry without the rhyming. I'm filled with so many questions. For one, how can you enter someones mind and be vacant? What a retarded concept. I want to see it play out. I want to know how rehab fits in with all of this. I want to know why her name sounds so much like New Hampshire. I want to know why this webcomic exists. Just from the first page this has the potential to be one of the best worst webcomics of all time.

Unfrounately, she'll only update it when she feels like it. To quote her announcment:

"Hello! I'm starting a new series that will only post when I feel like it, or have nothing to draw. ^0^"

I really want her to continue this one, too. It looks like it could be great!

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

May 8 17 5:35 PM

"Ma'am, your daughter has been in a coma for 1 year now. We're taking her off LifeSupport. (sic) She has shown no signs of waking up."

Aaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

May 13 17 6:35 AM

Bob the Inept wrote:
"Ma'am, your daughter has been in a coma for 1 year now. We're taking her off LifeSupport. (sic) She has shown no signs* of waking up."

*sighs

But it's ok, don't worry, SHE'S NOT DEAD.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help