Remove this ad

avatar

Jacob Jones

Regular User

Posts: 198

Lead

May 5 17 5:53 PM

Tags : : , , , ,

Now, i've seen a lot during my time here on the Bad Webcomics Wiki. I've seen some poorly written comics, unlikable characters, ugly art and deluded authors. That's all pretty common place here.

​But this one, oh boy. This takes the cake for being the absolute ugliest looking art i've ever seen for a webcomic. And yes, this includes Wormcurse and Gubbare. Ladies and gentleman, I bring you...

​Tim and Garry.

Link: http://timandgarry.the-comic.org/comics/first/

​This is it. This is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to webcomics. Horrible art, terrible writing, really bad attempts at 'humor' and 'plot', bland characters, everything about this comic is just ugly.

Yes, I will admit that there is some improvement in terms of art; but it's only marginal at it's best. At it's core, it's a trainwreck. And I feel that it needs to be reviewed ASAP. How we've gone without a comic like this is surprising even to me.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 5 17 7:34 PM

I had this on my to do list as a joke. Honestly, this webcomic is so bad it doesn't deserve a spot on the wiki. It has all the hallmarks of a bad webcomic including but not limited to, non-indicative art, gradient backgrounds, comic sans, gag a day strip, absurd writing without a point, unfunny, lazy schedule, and no continuity. That sounds fucking terrible, but that's also it. There is nothing interesting about this webcomic. It's not insane, it's not horrendously offensive, and it's not shamelessly pandering. Oddly enough, the webcomic isn't bad on purpose. The author is just that incompetent. This is the webcomic you get when you ask a machine to make a bad webcomic. What this webcomic needs more than a review is a plaque honoring it as the logical conclusion to bad webcomics.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Jacob Jones

Regular User

Posts: 198

#2 [url]

May 6 17 6:03 PM

Lt Art Major wrote:
I had this on my to do list as a joke. Honestly, this webcomic is so bad it doesn't deserve a spot on the wiki. It has all the hallmarks of a bad webcomic including but not limited to, non-indicative art, gradient backgrounds, comic sans, gag a day strip, absurd writing without a point, unfunny, lazy schedule, and no continuity. That sounds fucking terrible, but that's also it. There is nothing interesting about this webcomic. It's not insane, it's not horrendously offensive, and it's not shamelessly pandering. Oddly enough, the webcomic isn't bad on purpose. The author is just that incompetent. This is the webcomic you get when you ask a machine to make a bad webcomic. What this webcomic needs more than a review is a plaque honoring it as the logical conclusion to bad webcomics.

We have U.S Angel Corps. We have Banana Cream Cake. We have friggin' Sonichu.

​Where does it say we can't include Tim and Garry?

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,112

#3 [url]

May 7 17 12:59 AM

Jacob Jones wrote:

We have U.S Angel Corps. We have Banana Cream Cake. We have friggin' Sonichu.

​Where does it say we can't include Tim and Garry?


We don't review deliberately bad troll comics.  If this isn't one, then yes, it gets a review.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Jacob Jones

Regular User

Posts: 198

#4 [url]

May 7 17 10:28 AM

Long Tom wrote:

Jacob Jones wrote:

We have U.S Angel Corps. We have Banana Cream Cake. We have friggin' Sonichu.

​Where does it say we can't include Tim and Garry?


We don't review deliberately bad troll comics.  If this isn't one, then yes, it gets a review.

Here's the thing though...I don't think this is a troll comic.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 7 17 12:01 PM

I said in my post that it wasn't a troll comic. The author of this webcomic is fully incompetent and thinks what he is making is a masterpiece of surrealist humor. I'm saying that I recommend against reviewing this webcomic because a review of it would be boring to write and it would be boring to read.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,112

#7 [url]

May 7 17 2:04 PM

Lt Art Major wrote:
I said in my post that it wasn't a troll comic. The author of this webcomic is fully incompetent and thinks what he is making is a masterpiece of surrealist humor. I'm saying that I recommend against reviewing this webcomic because a review of it would be boring to write and it would be boring to read.

You're underestimating our snarking abilities:

http://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Kawaii_Otaku_Daigaku

Though I'd rather let Jacob Jones have fun with it.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Jacob Jones

Regular User

Posts: 198

#9 [url]

May 8 17 5:58 PM

Long Tom wrote:

Lt Art Major wrote:
I said in my post that it wasn't a troll comic. The author of this webcomic is fully incompetent and thinks what he is making is a masterpiece of surrealist humor. I'm saying that I recommend against reviewing this webcomic because a review of it would be boring to write and it would be boring to read.

You're underestimating our snarking abilities:

http://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Kawaii_Otaku_Daigaku

Though I'd rather let Jacob Jones have fun with it.

I can't wait to snark it's asshole.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Posts: 1,112

#12 [url]

May 13 17 2:50 AM

Jacob Jones wrote:

zoido wrote:
fair warning, the author is a kid. don't think that's stopped you guys before, though.

He's a kid?

Dang, guess I better go soft on him then...

How young?

​But even a kid should realize that he might realize later on, "Why did I think this was good enough to put on the Internet?"  I know a man who told me in conversation that he liked the movie "Napoleon Dynamite" as a child, but when he got older he couldn't remember why he had thought that.  The author of Dume pulled his comic off the Internet, and he asked us to delete our review and we did.  The author of "Demon Battles" realized her webcomic as originally done was poor, so she deleted that and came up with a much better version-and we pulled our review of that.  We're only hard on people qho are old enough to know better.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help