Remove this ad

Long Tom

Living Spambot

Lead

May 17 17 3:27 PM

Tags : :

It seems to attract a lot of foreign tourists.  Wonder what the locals think of the whole thing.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

kyrtuck

Heavy User

#2 [url]

May 18 17 5:45 AM

Hmm, I don't know very much about it.  I guess its an okay tradition for them?  I mean they wouldn't keep doing it if lots of people got killed or injured, right?

Quote    Reply   

You

Casual User

#3 [url]

May 21 17 2:41 AM

kyrtuck wrote:
Hmm, I don't know very much about it.  I guess its an okay tradition for them?  I mean they wouldn't keep doing it if lots of people got killed or injured, right?

The bulls themselves aren't that much dangerous. They usually run past the people as long as they have a clear way in front of them and the runners step aside (Because, you know, it turns out it is impossible to outrun a bull). The city council of Pamplona actually takes a lot of precautions to prevent disasters and it has been a looooong time since somebody died there. For aditional information, the running of bulls are called "encierros" and they are celebrated in a lot of towns in the country.

The parties after that are actually more dangerous, especially for women; the typical dangers of putting together a lot of drunken young people. There is even a recent case which a woman was drugged and raped by a group of six youngsters.

Also, we take no shit from idiot tourists:

As for Webkilla's comment, pretty much. Our country has been a tourist trap since the 70's.

Last Edited By: You Jun 3 17 12:57 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help