Remove this ad

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

Lead

May 31 17 7:31 AM

Tags : : ,

Someone signed up on the Wiki with the handle Txh210350 and wiped the Modest Medusa section out of the Premature Reactions page. FernandoLemon reported it last night and I looked into it. It seemed like it might not be vandalism so I contacted the user. Basically his claim is that he's the guy who made the tweet but is not the author of Modest Medusa.
Txh210350 wrote:
I'm incredibly not familiar with how these wikis work so I don't even know if I'm on the right thing to send a message, but I'd rather not make a forum post for something like this. My evidence of this is that I'm the guy who made that Tweet and I am incredibly NOT the maker of any webcomic. The actual creator's Twitter is here
I am totally unfamiliar with the comic in question or its author. Could someone who actually knows them look into this and figure out if this guy's telling the truth?

EDIT: It looks like the information was added to PR by Oddguy about 2 years ago.

Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Last Edited By: SmashLampjaw May 31 17 7:41 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Jun 4 17 1:35 PM

I don't know anything about Modest Medusa, however, I looked at the twitter account made by the guy in the screenshot on the PR page and I can confirm that that account is not run by the creator.

https://twitter.com/ModestMedusa Author of Modest Medusa.

https://twitter.com/lucan_orian Guy in the PR page.

I can't confirm that Txh is lucan, but I can confirm that lucan is not Modest Medusa guy. They don't even have the same art direction. He's legit.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#4 [url]

Jun 4 17 3:23 PM

Lt Art Major wrote:
I can't confirm that Txh is lucan, but I can confirm that lucan is not Modest Medusa guy. They don't even have the same art direction. He's legit.
Are you sure Lucan's not just a pseudonym he puts out racier stuff under? I checked out the MM guy's dA account and it looks like he does several different art styles.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#5 [url]

Jun 5 17 1:55 AM

Wouldn't the BWW actively have to prove that they're the same guy as opposed to starting at the position they are the same person until proof is found that they're not?

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#6 [url]

Jun 5 17 10:44 AM

I'm taking the approach of not altering something until it's proven it should be altered.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Shan

Living Spambot

#9 [url]

Jun 7 17 4:36 PM

SmashLampjaw wrote:
Done. Glad to see you're not dead.

Are you, are you really? Because this isn't the first time you've specifically referred to oddguy and specifically his not being dead. Interesting choice of words.

Is it in fact the case that not only are you not glad he's not dead, you're weeping bitter bitter tears that your plans to move up the ranks of the Bad Webcomics Wiki mods by drugging izzus into a permanent alcholic coma, dispose of Long Tom in some scheme involving his being tied up in a mascot costume with a broken zip and rolled down a hill into the Cuyahoga River (that's in Ohio for those of you at home who don't know), and erasing plarblman in a hilarious encounter involving a giant eraser (you see as plarblman is but a mere sketch of a man) thereby leaving you at the undisputed top of the tree can't even start because every time you thing oddguy has disappeared for good by his silence, He. Keeps. Coming. Back.

Don't think we don't know what's going on here.

Last Edited By: Shan Jun 8 17 12:58 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#10 [url]

Jun 8 17 12:27 AM

It's just my way of poking fun at his absenteeism. I don't think the software can tell when there's been a regime change so all I'd accomplish by snuffing out the more senior people is being stuck with nobody who has admin-level access to the wiki. THINK MAN, THINK. *points to his temple*

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#11 [url]

Jun 8 17 12:57 AM

SmashLampjaw wrote:
It's just my way of poking fun at his absenteeism. I don't think the software can tell when there's been a regime change so all I'd accomplish by snuffing out the more senior people is being stuck with nobody who has admin-level access to the wiki. THINK MAN, THINK. *points to his temple*

Nothing a phone call and a Gary Busey mask can't fix. I mean, this is Yuku, we're talking about.

Also

MakarovJAC hasn't been seen August 2015.

I rest my case.

Quote    Reply   

Shan

Living Spambot

#12 [url]

Jun 8 17 1:02 AM

I shouldn't have been surprised that when you start typing in "Gary Busey mask", an autofill appears before you've even finishing typing.

"Hello Yuku tech support ... I am ... oddguy. I have ... lost my admin password. Please reset it ... for me oddguy. That's right. I am oddguy. oddguy, that's me."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help