Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 4 17 7:18 AM

Tags : :

After three years of sitting on it, I present for the judgment of the BWW, Love Not Found. 

​​What sins does LNF commit? Bad writing, bland/boring characters, little to no meaningful conflict, poor woldbuilding, inconsistency with said worldbuilding and character traits, out-of-left-field character motivations, telling more than showing (or showing x but telling y), shallow relationships being passed off as """romance,""" poor executions of otherwise interesting ideas, the list goes on. It currently sits at 14 chapters and ongoing. 

http://www.lovenotfound.com/comic/chapter-1-cover

Last Edited By: LadyVeris Jun 4 17 9:03 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 4 17 7:49 AM

I'm getting tired of webcomics, and stories in general, which take place in THE FUTURE and have FUTURE MACHINES that have FUTURE ABILITIES, but then only focus on it's bland palette of cookie cutter characters. These characters aren't even transhuman. They don't even have exotic jobs. One works at a diner and the other is a botanist categorises plants. Why does this webcomic emphasis the fact that the setting is so far into the future? I only read the first chapter, so I can only speak for the first chapter. But because of how the first chapter played out, I can tell that I won't like it without it having thing I like being jarring. The main conflict doesn't even make any sense. In the future, no one likes touching people, and when they do, it's a weird aberration. Why? I go out of my way every day to not bump into people and I still brush up against someone every once in awhile. I also disliked how the author didn't make it clear as to whether the main character's quest for love was motivated by emotional needs or sexual repression. There's a pretty big difference between the two, and not being able to show the difference is incompetent. I don't like what I saw of it. It set itself up poorly which, typically for any medium of storytelling, will haunt itself for the rest of the run time. I don't want to review it because it would mean reading fourteen more chapters of this.

Quote    Reply   

Long Tom

Living Spambot

#2 [url]

Jun 4 17 8:13 AM

You don't have to read the entire webcomic to review it, just what you feel is enough to tell you what it is about and whether it changes or not.

Quote    Reply   

SmashLampjaw

Living Spambot

#4 [url]

Jun 4 17 9:12 PM

I read through half of it to see how long it'd take the obvious to happen. It took 7 chapters for them just to figure out what the obvious was. I'm not sure if I'd call the comic bad enough to review at this point but damn is it tedious. LadyVeris wasn't kidding about the sloppy worldbuilding or motivations. Ugh. It's almost lucky nothing happens in this comic. As painful as it was finishing 7 chapters, at least it was fast.

Issues composing posts in Yuku's editor?  See this guide to using BBCode.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help